Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! (2596 Views)

My Camry 2008 A/c / Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine / My Camry 99 V6 Emits Black Smoke Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by hapiboi: 5:20am On Aug 30, 2012
My toyota camry 2000's engine runs smoothly in idle mode, but while driving with little acceleration, it decelerates and picks by it self. This prompts me to press the accelerator pedal well but the acceleration does not the usually expected speed. The car also brings out dark fumes from the exhaust. I have servised the injector nozzles, blew the air flowmeter, even changed the airflowmeter sensor with no appreciable difference. Pls any clue to what could be happening to my car. Engineers in da house helpppppp!!!!!!
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by ojmaroni247(m): 6:28am On Aug 30, 2012
The problem of ur car is just rings,de rings needs to be changed,the rings r weak so dey allow oil to go into the topgasket and soak the plugs der by making de plugs nt to hav gud contact and dat affects de acceleration of the car ,..the probs is not many mechanics can do the ring work so they tell u ur engine is dead nd say u should go for a new engine. Anyways am talkin from experience its rings,its not a small work so I wish u well my broda,I pray u get a gud mechanic or u'l hav to change ur engine
hapiboi: My toyota camry 2000's engine runs smoothly in idle mode, but while driving with little acceleration, it decelerates and picks by it self. This prompts me to press the accelerator pedal well but the acceleration does not the usually expected speed. The car also brings out dark fumes from the exhaust. I have servised the injector nozzles, blew the air flowmeter, even changed the airflowmeter sensor with no appreciable difference. Pls any clue to what could be happening to my car. Engineers in da house helpppppp!!!!!!
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by hapiboi: 7:27am On Aug 30, 2012
thanks for ur contribution. The plugs are not soaked but dark with soothy fumes. It als consumes fuel like mad.
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by ojmaroni247(m): 8:54am On Aug 30, 2012
Ok den,try cleaning de injector,buy 1 of dis injector cleaners nd turn into ur fuel tank nd see hw it performs
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by hapiboi: 9:37am On Aug 30, 2012
I just cleaned the nozzles .are they not the same
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by hapiboi: 9:44am On Aug 30, 2012
thank you my brother.I just cleaned the nozzles .are they not the same? the guy who helped cleaning the nozzle also cleaned the injector with cab/choke cleaner . Pls hhelp
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by ojmaroni247(m): 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2012
Den its de rings,cuz dats wat makes a car to smoke,..dts my conclusion,u can also change fuel filter to make sure ders no blockage of fuel supply,der also a filter at de tank dat needs to be cleaned,1ce in a while if all dis is done nd no result den its ur rings period!
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2012
IT IS NOT THE RINGS THAT ARE BAD. THE PLUGS ARE NOT SOAKING OIL. THE EXHAUST BRINGS OUT BLACK SMOKE. IT IS AN INJECTOR PROBLEM.
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
SECONDLY, IF UR CAR IS NOT STEADY ON SPEED. CONSIDER CHANGING YOUR FUEL PUMP. ITS JUST N4,000 MAXIMUM. I AM NOT A MECHANIC BUT I HAVE CHANGED FUEL PUMP MANY TIMES BY MYSELF.

EVEN IF IT IS NOT THE FUEL PUMP, CHECK THE INJECTOR. U MAY CONSIDER USING A CARBURETTOR CLEANER TO CLEAN IT. I AM USED TO USING THIS THAN USING FUEL ADDITIVES. BUT PLEASE HAVE UR SECOND THOUGHT ON FUEL PUMP. AM SERIOUS

CHIEBUBE
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by Trac: 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2012
ojmaroni247: Ok den,try cleaning de injector,buy 1 of dis injector cleaners nd turn into ur fuel tank nd see hw it performs

This is the only person that made sense.

hapiboi: thanks for ur contribution. The plugs are not soaked but dark with soothy fumes. It als consumes fuel like mad.

This is part or all of your problem. Your plugs have prosecuted you and exposed your neglect.

Take a picture of all your plugs and number of mark the wells they came out from. Take a clear picture of your hood bay as well. Hope you did not throw parts away. Nobody is on-site with your vehicle so I (and concerned NL'ers) will need all the images I can get to you to the furthest help that can be rendered. For the plugs, I'll need the part number and the brand and also the inner profile where the ceramic (white) is situated. If there is huge alphabet on the plug besides its brand name or logo, display it. The process of elimination will begin from here.

The mass air flow meter that you took out and the one you mounted should both be pictured and uploaded as well. It'll be useless not to display the part numbers. If you cross-branded the part and you aren't certain it is for your vehicle, you will have to revert to the former; there was nothing wrong with it.

If you have faulty ignition cables, we won't be able to help you online. It'll need to go to a shop.

A word of caution: under no circumstance are you suppose to use a carb cleaner or choke cleaner (whatever that is) anywhere on that vehicle and worse, when you don't understand what's going on.

So far, only three aspects can go wrong. One has been partly identified. Nairalanders from this point will be able to help you (especially those that have the very car this discussion is about).

chiebube: SECONDLY, IF UR CAR IS NOT STEADY ON SPEED. CONSIDER CHANGING YOUR FUEL PUMP. ITS JUST N4,000 MAXIMUM. I AM NOT A MECHANIC BUT I HAVE CHANGED FUEL PUMP MANY TIMES BY MYSELF.

EVEN IF IT IS NOT THE FUEL PUMP, CHECK THE INJECTOR. U MAY CONSIDER USING A CARBURETTOR CLEANER TO CLEAN IT. I AM USED TO USING THIS THAN USING FUEL ADDITIVES. BUT PLEASE HAVE UR SECOND THOUGHT ON FUEL PUMP. AM SERIOUS

CHIEBUBE

You have to be very careful giving advise to a person that is desperate. There is nothing wrong with his fuel pump. A carburetor cleaner has no place on an injection engine.
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by Nobody: 4:49am On Aug 31, 2012
Trac:

This is the only person that made sense.
This is part or all of your problem. Your plugs have prosecuted you and exposed your neglect.

Take a picture of all your plugs and number of mark the wells they came out from. Take a clear picture of your hood bay as well. Hope you did not throw parts away. Nobody is on-site with your vehicle so I (and concerned NL'ers) will need all the images I can get to you to the furthest help that can be rendered. For the plugs, I'll need the part number and the brand and also the inner profile where the ceramic (white) is situated. If there is huge alphabet on the plug besides its brand name or logo, display it. The process of elimination will begin from here.

The mass air flow meter that you took out and the one you mounted should both be pictured and uploaded as well. It'll be useless not to display the part numbers. If you cross-branded the part and you aren't certain it is for your vehicle, you will have to revert to the former; there was nothing wrong with it.

If you have faulty ignition cables, we won't be able to help you online. It'll need to go to a shop.

A word of caution: under no circumstance are you suppose to use a carb cleaner or choke cleaner (whatever that is) anywhere on that vehicle and worse, when you don't understand what's going on.

So far, only three aspects can go wrong. One has been partly identified. Nairalanders from this point will be able to help you (especially those that have the very car this discussion is about).

You have to be very careful giving advise to a person that is desperate. There is nothing wrong with his fuel pump. A carburetor cleaner has no place on an injection engine.
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 31, 2012
A carburettor cleaner cleans dirt. That is its function. It can be used on an injector or carburettor. I have a 2.4 Litre engine. I have used a choke/carburettor cleaner to clean d nozzles several times. Hapiboy, are there additional problems. Ask your mechanic to check your fuel filter. It MAY be blocked with dirt.
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by Nobody: 5:11am On Aug 31, 2012
Hapiboi, clearly illustrate how your car performs while it is at top speed so that people will be able to help you.
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by mdautotec(m): 11:27am On Aug 31, 2012
This is a fuel related problem. As you have indicated as long as the spark plugs are not fouled with engine oil the engine is burning excess fuel. That is the blackish smoke out of the tailpipe.

There are many factors that can cause the poor engine performance you are experiencing.

Firstly, do you have a check engine light illuminated on your instrument cluster? Is the engine a 4 cylinder or a V6?
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by sultaan(m): 8:29pm On Aug 31, 2012
Getting the codes(DTC) would have been the best thing to do initially, if you don't know what that means, google it. it will help you become a better owner.

Trac is right when he said your problem is to carbon soot on plugs, they shouldn't be there.

Fuel spray might be off, bottle of injector cleaner.

If your plugs and wires are made by Toyota, you need new ones
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by hapiboi: 9:04pm On Aug 31, 2012
thanks evribody. Its been solved. My mechanic had to call a rewire who changed a sensor and it was like magic. Just forgot the name of the sensor. Will find out from him and upload it for fellow naira landers
Re: Nairalanders My Camry Is Messing Up! by OGjason: 9:41am On Oct 20, 2021
Been battling this problem for 6days now and mechanics have tried all they know both kazzeem and scan tool oyibo still nothing.
Something told me to drive the car without air filter, and car was running so smooth. I just removed the filter, washed it with detergent. And allowed it to dry. Fixed it this morning and am all smiles. No more jerking on acceleration, no more mad fuel consumption. Dropping it here for anyone that will face same in future

hapiboi:
My toyota camry 2000's engine runs smoothly in idle mode, but while driving with little acceleration, it decelerates and picks by it self. This prompts me to press the accelerator pedal well but the acceleration does not the usually expected speed. The car also brings out dark fumes from the exhaust. I have servised the injector nozzles, blew the air flowmeter, even changed the airflowmeter sensor with no appreciable difference. Pls any clue to what could be happening to my car. Engineers in da house helpppppp!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

.. / How Reliable Are Chevrolet Cars? / Toyota Avalon....please Advise Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.