Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,531 members, 7,812,652 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Program With C# Is There Any Expert In The House! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Program With C# Is There Any Expert In The House! (1899 Views)

Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman / C++ Is Not Easy To Learn / Looking For Someone To Pair Program With. I'm Learning Ruby On Rails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Program With C# Is There Any Expert In The House! by mcsnup: 6:23am On Aug 30, 2012
i have been wanting to write programs for a long time now but i have neither the exprence, resources nor finance and sincer;y i did not know how to go about it but recently i meant a friend who paved the road for me by providing me with a software(visual studio 2008 express edition) in my heart of heart i thought within a month i should have written not just any program but a sophisticated one, i proceed in downloading ebook from my mobile device, sending them to my system and devour them but alas, the more i read the more i sincerly don't understand... i tried downloading only C# 2008 but these book uses terminologies that i don't understand in 2months now i have only been able to successful design, link pages by clicking a button and simple arithmetic, i must conffess am pretty eager to write a real program, i have litle or know problem with the design environment, my greatest challenge is writing the code to make a button or item perform a particular function, the database were information can be saved and retrieved when needed, i even searched onlinreperhap i would get a programming dictionary that wwould explain the programming language and some ways of apply them but i never found one; can anyone say anything or something that would be of immerse blessing to me for i am genuinely confuse and nearly frustrated...
Re: Program With C# Is There Any Expert In The House! by mj(m): 6:42am On Aug 30, 2012
mcsnup: i have been wanting to write programs for a long time now but i have neither the exprence, resources nor finance and sincer;y i did not know how to go about it but recently i meant a friend who paved the road for me by providing me with a software(visual studio 2008 express edition) in my heart of heart i thought within a month i should have written not just any program but a sophisticated one, i proceed in downloading ebook from my mobile device, sending them to my system and devour them but alas, the more i read the more i sincerly don't understand... i tried downloading only C# 2008 but these book uses terminologies that i don't understand in 2months now i have only been able to successful design, link pages by clicking a button and simple arithmetic, i must conffess am pretty eager to write a real program, i have litle or know problem with the design environment, my greatest challenge is writing the code to make a button or item perform a particular function, the database were information can be saved and retrieved when needed, i even searched onlinreperhap i would get a programming dictionary that wwould explain the programming language and some ways of apply them but i never found one; can anyone say anything or something that would be of immerse blessing to me for i am genuinely confuse and nearly frustrated...
Well done for the effort uv made, your choice of C# is great, C# is a strongly type programming language, with it you can dive into Java since the use similar syntax. Check this link for a comprehensive beginner tutorial on C#.
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/csharp/csharp.html
Re: Program With C# Is There Any Expert In The House! by mj(m): 6:45am On Aug 30, 2012
Yeah, if you need any help you can always drop it on nairaland here, we have great guys and ladies that are willing to help, all the best.
Re: Program With C# Is There Any Expert In The House! by Javanian: 8:30am On Aug 30, 2012
in my heart of heart i thought within a month i should have written not just any program but a sophisticated one,
like seriously??...in one month??

i proceed in downloading ebook from my mobile device, sending them to my system and devour them but alas, the more i read the more i sincerly don't understand... i tried downloading only C# 2008 but these book uses terminologies that i don't understand in 2months now i have only been able to successful design, link pages by clicking a button and simple arithmetic, i must conffess am pretty eager to write a real program, can anyone say anything or something that would be of immerse blessing to me for i
am genuinely confuse and nearly frustrated...
its too early o!...lol..

You better start from the basics by writing ''Hello world'' in c#...and let me truthfull to you...You cannot write a ''sophiscated program''...until the next 6 months to one year depending on your learning ability and determination. Programming aint childs play...follow the link @mj gave you..it should get you started...
Re: Program With C# Is There Any Expert In The House! by mkwayisi: 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2012
@Javanian: You can't say that. Perhaps, he's a grandchild of Einstein wink Anyway, "sophisticated" is relative -- depends on who's telling it.
Re: Program With C# Is There Any Expert In The House! by Chemz(m): 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2012
ok,i'll help you get started cause i am presently learning C# with deitel-deitel and visual studio 2010.first of all you will have to mimic some of the programs, however if you have no basic knowledge of programming then you might have to pay good attention to every word as you mimic them.e.g this is an example in deitel-deitel textbook. you should try it.

1 // Fig. 3.1: Welcome1.cs
2 // A first program in C#.
using System;
class Welcome1
7 {
8 static void Main( string[] args )
9 {
10 Console.WriteLine( "Welcome to C# Programming!" );
11 }
12 }
Fig. 3.1 Our first program
Re: Program With C# Is There Any Expert In The House! by mcsnup: 9:22am On Sep 09, 2012
@mj, thanks for the link
@chemz na chemical equation be that one...just kidding
@mkwayisi ii am beginnering to think even 6month is small but definitely a shot at it is a fine ideal to me.
javanian... for 2month i think i can close my eye and write the code for hello world on a notepad compile it with csc from a command window and install it in a friends' system, just bluffing but surely with my eyes open...you guy are of unmeasurable help especailly in nairaland, presently i have giving myself to much studies of c# i shall costantly seek your guildance in this journey to programming world.. presently i am having problems declaring/assigning of variable for sex using boolen and date of birth, though string gives me no error mssg but i dont know if it is the appropiate thing to use for sex... @mj please can you mail me you cell phone number and javanian if you can i would love that; merci all armstrong201@gmail.com
Re: Program With C# Is There Any Expert In The House! by skydancer: 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2012
Welcome to C#, you'll discover it's a most amazing programming language as you go on, if you need any help you can contact me or just post your problems here. And remember, stackoverflow is your friend smiley
Re: Program With C# Is There Any Expert In The House! by obisiv(m): 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2012
skydancer: Welcome to C#, you'll discover it's a most amazing programming language as you go on, if you need any help you can contact me or just post your problems here. And remember, stackoverflow is your friend smiley

Can you create a .NET C# program? If yes, pls contact me on oikpe@yahoo.com. I have a job for you.
Re: Program With C# Is There Any Expert In The House! by mcsnup: 7:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
hmmm, its 2013 i am greatful to my creator who in him great wisdom and generous mercy i kept me and everyone readin this through last yr... And most say a happy new yrs to all... Am still on my program and i am findin it a little bit confusing, linkin my form to a database, i have successfully created multiple-forms that ought to save information that can easily be retrieve provided the rite password is created but storing or linkin it to a database is a challenge most e-book/video i have seen to present database as a red-made form but alas i am lookin at a way which you click the ok button and the data is save and seriously the rankin of password for multiple user is also another thing i would be needin help with... Thanks

(1) (Reply)

18 Yr-Old Nigerian Launches Website To Disrupt Africa's Job Recruitment Industry / Want To Create A Music Playlist Using PHP, Ideas Pls / A Programmer Needs Advice On Which Country To Travel To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.