Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,397 members, 7,861,116 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:59 AM

What Is This Life All About? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is This Life All About? (514 Views)

What Is Life..whats Life All About? / Atheists - What's This Life All About? / A Man U Need In Your Life All Day,a Man That Is Your All In All! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is This Life All About? by abby88(f): 11:40am On Aug 30, 2012
Am born in a family of two, all girls. My late father was a very good and honest man worked for some years and lost his job. Him and mum struggled to pay us till we atleast finished a level at the university. As i write now i lost my Mum on 17/08/2012 about two weeks now, three years after my fathers death. Now am wondering why someone would never enjoy a moment of happiness in their lives till their death. Mum was a woman of faith and prayer cause even when she died she kept shouting the name Jesus. Well i do admit that sometimes i paryed to God to allow her rest because of the pain she was going through, it was just to much for a human being to feel but amidist that pain she never missed any single sunday for paryers. What am wondering is why God would allow someone to suffer in xile during the war, stay inlove and so faithful to a man with or without money, loose your husband, struggle to see your two children through education then you catch cancer, suffer for years and die a very painful death? My friends in christ, i miss my parents especially my Mum and yet in dreams she tells me God delayed her death, she was supposed to have passed on, on 15/12/2011. I dont understand and i really need your parayers
Re: What Is This Life All About? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
Sad to hear this story.

Unfortunately while in this world, we will never be free from troubles or difficulties, this is the result of sin and the presence of the devil.

"Man born of woman is of few days and full of trouble - Job 14:1

Even Christ had to suffer and was eventually killed in a most horrific way by the same people he loved.

What matters though , is our attitude in our trials and tribulations. Remember Job, David and a host of other great men of God who went through 'hell and back' , yet they held on to their faith. Others did so till the death. Why ? Because they expect something better than what is currently in place.

Your Mum was resolute in her belief and faith . She must have known that her trials were temporary since this life is a very short one indeed and any of us could be taken away in the blink of an eye.

First of all, you Mum left when all of you had completed your career training, that in itself is the mercy of God. Imagine if it had happened prior , like is the case with other families.

I have had my trials in life , some quite bad others not so bad, but in the midst of it all, I see God's mercy and Love, he is more eager to save our souls and to give us the life that will never expire than to satisfy our yearning for comfort in this wicked world.

Your Mum as a Christian will experience eternal life on the last day and so will you if God has saved your soul. That life will be one free from pain, death , sorrow or tears. Take comfort in this. We must leave this world by dying to experience a better world.

" Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ [b]or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

In the new world that is soon to come there will be :

1. No more pain
2. no more death
3. no more tears
4. no more mourning

Take comfort and be strong, it will be well.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Blind Hearts / I Say A Little Prayer For You !!! / Scorn For The Scornful, Grace For The Humble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.