Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,170 members, 7,867,393 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:15 PM

Obasanjo Holds Peace Talks With Niger Delta Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Holds Peace Talks With Niger Delta Youths (622 Views)

Niger Delta Youths To Shut Down NLNG Facilities Over Planned Lagos Shipyard. / Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators / Fayose Holds Peace Talk With His Lawmakers,19 APC Lawmakers Absent (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Holds Peace Talks With Niger Delta Youths by mamikky: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2012
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has called on youths and elders from the Niger Delta region to rise up to the challenges of nationhood, saying it is only when the country is secured that there can be unity.
Obasanjo said this when he hosted the leadership of Amalgamation of Niger Delta Youths For Peace Initiative (ANDYFPI) at his residence in Abeokuta, Ogun State.  Obasanjo said the best that can happen to any nation is when all hands are on deck to move it forward.
“If the elders sincerely work for a better Nigeria, all the challenges threatening the very fabric of our unity will be a thing of the past,’’ he said.
He urged Nigerian youths to make love for the country their watchword.
“Whatever achievement I might have recorded was basically due to my love for Nigeria. It is not for me to take the glory. My plea is for all youth organisations, elders and stakeholders in this country to come together and work for the unity and progress of this great country.
“That way, we will be able to achieve the desired development. My appeal goes to the elders; let us work together for a united and better Nigeria. If we are untied for that purpose, we will be able to surmount all our problems,’’ he said.
Earlier, the president of ANDYFPI, Henry Nwabueze, briefed the former president of the group’s aims and objectives, which include the National Annual Achievement Awards (NAAA).

http://news.naij.com/7016.html
Re: Obasanjo Holds Peace Talks With Niger Delta Youths by kunlekunle: 11:49am On Aug 30, 2012
GEJ is gradually becoming nigerian president.
Re: Obasanjo Holds Peace Talks With Niger Delta Youths by PointB: 11:59am On Aug 30, 2012
Shouldn't he be hosting such talks with the northern youth rather? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Obasanjo Holds Peace Talks With Niger Delta Youths by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
PointB: Shouldn't he be hosting such talks with the northern youth rather? undecided undecided undecided

Well he tried to mediate when he paid Mohammed Yusuf's uncle a visit. We all know how that ended up.
Re: Obasanjo Holds Peace Talks With Niger Delta Youths by PointB: 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2012
HNosegbe:

Well he tried to mediate when he paid Mohammed Yusuf's uncle a visit. We all know how that ended up.

He should try again. I just don't think going to talk to the ND Youth makes any sense at this point in time. Except he's gone to talk them back to the creek!
Re: Obasanjo Holds Peace Talks With Niger Delta Youths by apala911: 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
OBJ should intensify peace talk with BH and stakeholders in northern Nigeria ... Though he has done such in the past, further peace deliberations could help
Re: Obasanjo Holds Peace Talks With Niger Delta Youths by kunlekunle: 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
he is telling ND youths GEJ is no longer on their side, no more awoof money.

(1) (Reply)

Central Bank Governor Sanusi In League With The Big Boys This Weekend! / President Jonathan Formally Designates Anambra As An Oil Producing State / N5000 Notes Not For You Masses – Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.