Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget (3610 Views)

How To Hire Good Programmers In Nigeria (an Experience Based Article) / I Want To Hire A Beginner Who Is Willing To Learn New Skills / Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by lordZOUGA(m): 11:05am On Sep 07, 2012
logica: Wait a minute...I suppose you've gotten another programmer to do what you want...or why are you still griping about it? If what you want can be done by someone else as a cheaper rate then go for it. Or you could even do it yourself. What's all the noise about?
exactly sir.... exactly
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by ogzille(m): 10:55pm On Sep 07, 2012
oh, u really wanted him to start work without pay before
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by eazyd(m): 3:22am On Sep 08, 2012
myviewr:

if it was a full time job that would be understandable, lets even be honest that nearly half a million naira a month for an which is highly unlikely which you know its true now this is, a freelance job where all you have to do is make a simple website just with the features of groups and events no chats no forums. he is likely going to use a cms. Now lets say he uses a cms he being a nigerian he would probably us wordpress and get a free buddy press and install it to the wordpress so really all he is doing is setting up the wordpress for me at 472,476 lets be honest is that reasonable. Now lets say he uses joomla and buys jomsocial which retails for 150 pounds which is nearly 25,000 naira that is still no where close to 472,476. This is the problem with NIgerians you never think ahead, just what can i eat now, how can i get this person to pay me this so i can take an extra 5 naira, Imagine nigerian would want you to pay before a work starts, you haven't done anything, but you want money your customer satisfaction rate is at -100. They drive of potential customers with their greed of just stealing 5,000 instead of them to be thinking if . Do this thing for one person and he is happy about it, nice rate he would recommend me to a friend. This is the part that annoys me the most, after doing all of that to their customers and they don't return, they start saying somebody is destroying their business. When they started doing it from the start they are took SELFISH everything they do is whats in it for me such a bad way of LIFE. LIKE IT OR NOT THIS IS THE BITTER TRUTH

can you help me buy a car and ship it to Nigeria, when i receive it, i will pay u. grin

1 Like

Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by Picomon(m): 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2012
Bobo you think $100 is too much? Then go sit down n learn how to code. To be a programmer is not a day's job. Not to talk of bin a great programmer.

I like dat guy--$100 or forget. I'm a self taught developer so I know what it takes to write good code n not spagehtti code.

The job of doz programmers is to code n talk to users on how they feel in order to detect bugs or create features not to get customers. You should be in charge of marketing.

I will advise you to run lean atleast u av 4 dev already. why not stick with em to trash things out?

That social space is kinda hard but I'm not saying you can't make it in dat space. I guess what you should b doing is to focus on the products and keep ur users closer. and not hiring for now.

Hope I'm not going off topic. All d best. ciao.

1 Like

Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by myviewr: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2012
Picomon: Bobo you think $100 is too much? Then go sit down n learn how to code. To be a programmer is not a day's job. Not to talk of bin a great programmer.

I like dat guy--$100 or forget. I'm a self taught developer so I know what it takes to write good code n not spagehtti code.

The job of doz programmers is to code n talk to users on how they feel in order to detect bugs or create features not to get customers. You should be in charge of marketing.

I will advise you to run lean atleast u av 4 dev already. why not stick with em to trash things out?

That social space is kinda hard but I'm not saying you can't make it in dat space. I guess what you should b doing is to focus on the products and keep ur users closer. and not hiring for now.

Hope I'm not going off topic. All d best. ciao.

what you on about, i am a programmer in the Uk. Just wanted to know how they work in NIgeria and honestly i am disappointed

the freelance work was just to test how they would go about the work and they would work under pressure

i am currently expanding my company and planning to have a branch in lagos but rather going to ghana instead now thanks btw

i don't live in nigeria i am only on this forum to see what kind of individuals NIgerians are i guess the rumours are true
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by Sundayademola(m): 7:08pm On Sep 08, 2012
myviewr:

what you on about, i am a programmer in the Uk. Just wanted to know how they work in NIgeria and honestly i am disappointed

the freelance work was just to test how they would go about the work and they would work under pressure

i am currently expanding my company and planning to have a branch in lagos but rather going to ghana instead now thanks btw

i don't live in nigeria i am only on this forum to see what kind of individuals NIgerians are i guess the rumours are true
Your going to Ghana will not surely be missed in Nigeria. Rumours bla bla bla blabla. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by Kslib(m): 8:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
myviewr:

WTF!!!! Who da hell gives a f*ck about your damn bleeped up stupid company?? Huh!!!
And so you think if you really want to know the kind of people Nigerians are,is by visiting this forum or hearing a few selected comments and then generalize??
Why did you choose lagos over ghana[your country]?? So you want me to believe you didn't know about Nigerians before deciding to invest in lagos rather than your homeland[ghana]?? LAIR!!
Then i guess rumors are true.. Ghanians are full of hate towards Nigerians due to jealousy,and they secretly admire us... The funny thing is that we dont even know they exist.. Lmao!!

4 Likes

Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by lordZOUGA(m): 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2012
myviewr:

liar
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by 2sexy(m): 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2012
myviewr: why are nigerians so money orientated $100 a day he is working with 4 other programmers on the back end of the web site and to doing it from scratch. This is why they find it hard to progress. with this kind of review i would tell my friends not to go there, they just work for money now and not even thinking about bringing in more customers forgetting word of mouth advertisement is the best #we need to change
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by 2sexy(m): 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
How many people knows how to build a business.
myviewr:

if it was a full time job that would be understandable, lets even be honest that nearly half a million naira a month for an which is highly unlikely which you know its true now this is, a freelance job where all you have to do is make a simple website just with the features of groups and events no chats no forums. he is likely going to use a cms. Now lets say he uses a cms he being a nigerian he would probably us wordpress and get a free buddy press and install it to the wordpress so really all he is doing is setting up the wordpress for me at 472,476 lets be honest is that reasonable. Now lets say he uses joomla and buys jomsocial which retails for 150 pounds which is nearly 25,000 naira that is still no where close to 472,476. This is the problem with NIgerians you never think ahead, just what can i eat now, how can i get this person to pay me this so i can take an extra 5 naira, Imagine nigerian would want you to pay before a work starts, you haven't done anything, but you want money your customer satisfaction rate is at -100. They drive of potential customers with their greed of just stealing 5,000 instead of them to be thinking if . Do this thing for one person and he is happy about it, nice rate he would recommend me to a friend. This is the part that annoys me the most, after doing all of that to their customers and they don't return, they start saying somebody is destroying their business. When they started doing it from the start they are took SELFISH everything they do is whats in it for me such a bad way of LIFE. LIKE IT OR NOT THIS IS THE BITTER TRUTH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sine Wave Inverter Using Arduino / Programming Challenge / Please Don't Learn To Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.