Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

This Is Why People Are Put Off Christians - Hypocrisy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Why People Are Put Off Christians - Hypocrisy (841 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church / I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why People Are Put Off Christians - Hypocrisy by Fr0sbel: 11:39am On Aug 31, 2012
Yes, and I know what I am talking about.

"Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute." - 2 Peter 2:2

1. God says bless your enemies while Christians curse them. examples Mountain of Fire and many other churches.

"bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." - Luke 6:28

2. God says thou shall not sleep with another man's wife, yet many pastors and members are guilty of this without repentance.

"If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel." - Deuteronomy 22:22

3. God says do everything in moderation, yet we eat like gluttons and drink like fish

"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." - Philippians 4:5

"Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit." - Ephesians 5:18

4. God says , do all things with modesty , yet we see Christian women dressing like harlots and putting a stumbling block before the brethren

Proverbs 7:6-27
6 For at the window of my house I looked out through my lattice,
7 And I saw among the naive, I discerned among the youths, A young man lacking sense,
8 Passing through the street near her comer; And he takes the way to her house,
9 In the twilight, in the evening, In the middle of the night and in the darkness.
10 And behold, a woman comes to meet him, dressed as a harlot and cunning of heart.
11 She is boisterous and rebellious; Her feet do not remain at home;
12 She is now in the streets, now in the squares, And lurks by every comer.
13 So she seizes him and kisses him, And with a brazen face she says to him:
14 1 was due to offer peace offerings; Today I have paid my vows.
15 Therefore have I come out to meet you, To seek your presence earnestly, and I have found you.
16 1 have spread my couch with coverings, With colored linens of Egypt.

5. God says forgive your enemies, but I know many so called Christians who harbour malice, anger and unforgivenesses

"But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." - Matthew 6:15

"But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips." - Colossians 3:8

6. God hates bribes, yet many so called Christians are prospering on the back of bribes , kickbacks and outright fraud.

"But his sons did not walk in his ways. They turned aside after dishonest gain and accepted bribes and perverted justice." - 1 Samuel 8:3

7. God says live at peace with all men, yet we see Christians cheering when IDF or JTF are massacring Muslim women and children. Also we see many of our brother fighting at motor parks, in schools, in the office etc etc

"Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord." - Hebrews 12:14

"Psalm 34:14 Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it."

8. I have met many a Christian who lies like the devil , yet we still call him brother , yet God hates lies and liars.

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." - John 8:44

Brethren this is not to judge , but it is high time we walk the walk and not talk the talk. Talk is cheap.

"For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?" - 1 Peter 4:17

Matthew 7:21-23
I Never Knew You

"21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!"

Our God is a God of LOVE, let us repent !!

"Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds." - Hosea 6:4

Many of us our suffering because we practise lawlessness while holding unto a form of apostate profession.

Listen to the Holy Spirit and stop following mere men, who are likely to mislead you.

Let us get our bibles off the bookshelf, dust off the cobwebs and begin to read for ourselves.
Re: This Is Why People Are Put Off Christians - Hypocrisy by MacDaddy01: 11:50am On Aug 31, 2012
The biggest hypocrite of all? Frosbel!

Frosbel dislikes atheists with a passion.

Yet, the humble Jesus talks of the good Samaritan who is an unbeliever that helps a believer without question.
Re: This Is Why People Are Put Off Christians - Hypocrisy by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 31, 2012
MacDaddy01: The biggest hypocrite of all? Frosbel!

Frosbel dislikes atheists with a passion.

Yet, the humble Jesus talks of the good Samaritan who is an unbeliever that helps a believer without question.

Dislike atheists

I dislike their posts and constant trolling of Christian articles, but how can I dislike them ?

No way mate.

Have a good day grin
Re: This Is Why People Are Put Off Christians - Hypocrisy by MacDaddy01: 11:58am On Aug 31, 2012
frosbel:

Dislike atheists

I dislike their posts and constant trolling of Christian articles, but how can I dislike them ?

No way mate.

Have a good day grin

That is a lie.

Atheists generally dont troll christian threads. The atheists mostly criticise and debate.

Lying is a sin, hypocrite frosbel
Re: This Is Why People Are Put Off Christians - Hypocrisy by Dsage1: 12:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
MacDaddy01:

That is a lie.

Atheists generally dont troll christian threads. The atheists mostly criticise and debate.

Lying is a sin, hypocrite frosbel

In my own view, religions people on NL did not dislike atheists but their incessant claims of being intellectuals thinkers/superior minds.

Atheists sees religious people particular christians as dumb,gullible, hypocrites for accepting the scriptures.

I quite agree that,at times scriptures were misinterpreted by many dubious pastor, but shouldn't be the basis for atheists criticism of christianity. These and among others are what we're trying to balance while fighting on a topic and not the other way round.
Re: This Is Why People Are Put Off Christians - Hypocrisy by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2012
D sage:

In my own view, religions people on NL did not dislike atheists but their incessant claims of being intellectuals thinkers/superior minds.

They are not superior minds.

Atheists sees religious people particular christians as dumb,gullible, hypocrites for accepting the scriptures.

And we love it so.

"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." - 1 Corinthians 1:27

I quite agree that,at times scriptures were misinterpreted by many dubious pastor, but shouldn't be the basis for atheists criticism of christianity. These and among others are what we're trying to balance while fighting on a topic and not the other way round.

Indeed

(1) (Reply)

In Love With Someone Who Hae Not Approach U For Marriage, Plx Help Me Out / Make A Wish For 2013 / The Day He Called Upon The 3 Godesses (PBUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.