Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? (1348 Views)

How Men Drink Away Their Future / I Hope This Takes Away Your Monday Morning Frown! / Welcome To Smile Communication (frown) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by Acidosis(m): 11:17pm On Aug 31, 2012
Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ?

I happen to be one of the few people who don't sip, taste or drink alcohol. (can't even describe the taste though I wrote a course "Alcoholism", then in school).
On the other hand this is something I had to fight with quite a lot in my life. It has even caused me to argue with some people & colleagues when they push and push too hard to try to get me to drink and also when they want to make it look like one isn't "strong". . .as in "guy you weak ooo!", "how your own be now"..etc

I find it laughable though but I still like to hear from you (my brothers and sisters) and also, I would love to know what it is that makes society think that it is OK to peer-pressure people into drinking like this.
Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:20pm On Aug 31, 2012
Don't drink or smoke.
Pips don't beliv me tho! Cus wen I party... I party hard!
U no how many times dem don check my temperature inside club? Forget! My DNA make sense die! Gba!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by onila(f): 11:23pm On Aug 31, 2012
Virgins don't smoke nor drink cool
Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by onila(f): 11:26pm On Aug 31, 2012
Idowuogbo: Don't drink or smoke.
Pips don't beliv me tho! Cus wen I party... I party hard!
U no how many times dem don check my temperature inside club? Forget! My DNA make sense die! Gba!

u act like someone that drinks tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by Acidosis(m): 11:28pm On Aug 31, 2012
onila: Virgins don't smoke nor drink cool

for real? ?

and do you drink and smoke ?
Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by Acidosis(m): 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2012
@Idowuogbo, Its hard to believe. .
Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:34pm On Aug 31, 2012
onila:

u act like someone that drinks tongue
I no! Too much glucose in d system.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:35pm On Aug 31, 2012
Acidosis: @Idowuogbo, Its hard to believe. .
U not first or d last!
Na2day?
Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 31, 2012
We no dey drink or smoke
#na spoil we just spoil
Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by Acidosis(m): 7:44am On Sep 01, 2012
^ ^ as in woman??
Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by Acidosis(m): 11:40am On Sep 03, 2012
Idowuogbo:
U not first or d last!
Na2day?

Did you get my pm?
Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by free2ryhme: 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
Acidosis: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ?

I happen to be one of the few people who don't sip, taste or drink alcohol. (can't even describe the taste though I wrote a course "Alcoholism", then in school).
On the other hand this is something I had to fight with quite a lot in my life. It has even caused me to argue with some people & colleagues when they push and push too hard to try to get me to drink and also when they want to make it look like one isn't "strong". . .as in "guy you weak ooo!", "how your own be now"..etc

I find it laughable though but I still like to hear from you (my brothers and sisters) and also, I would love to know what it is that makes society think that it is OK to peer-pressure people into drinking like this.

Some people will look down on you if you don't drink and some people will also look down on you if you do drink. But as long as you don't let the lack of drinking impact your social life, and you don't go around being self-righteous about not drinking, most people won't care.
Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by Acidosis(m): 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
free2ryhme: .

Some people will look down on you if you don't drink and some people will also look down on you if you do drink. But as long as you don't let the lack of drinking impact your social life, and you don't go around being self-righteous about not drinking, most people won't care.

Hmm.. Thanks
Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by spicyv1(f): 3:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
Well, just as people will call you delusional if you say you have a relationship thats lasted for years and is devoid θf cheating! Truth is people like to define your lifestyle by their standards and if you are strong willed, they think up ways to break you. Calling you weak na strategy to poke at your esteem. Deep down they wish they can get it right and live right like you but lack the courage to do so. Hence they gotta put you down for being brave enough to do and be what they struggle so hard to accomplish.

Basically, they are acting out θf misery.
Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by Acidosis(m): 4:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
^ ^ may be I should ask you @ this juncture. Are you a counsellor??

my sister, nothing can be more inspiring than what you just gave me this cool evening.
Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by spicyv1(f): 4:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
cheesy nothing do you bro. What greater joy can I have besides inspiring my own blood? wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by Acidosis(m): 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
spicy v: cheesy nothing do you bro. What greater joy can I have besides inspiring my own blood? wink

hmm.. sweet sister!
Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by ghettodreamz(m): 8:46am On Sep 15, 2012
Some people will always look down on you when you don't do what they do or live your life the same way they live theirs, and would always make you feel immature d or hate yourself as the case maybe some times, I faced the same thing years ago when I had friends that smokes and drinks . After so many temptations for years, just on one ugly day during a birthday of one of my close G, I was intimidated and gave in to their advances just to show and tell them I won't misbehave after drinking alcohol. They were so surprised seeing me doing it and I mixed all sorts of available drinks together (Baileys,501,Don Simon,Margarita,Star,33, Calypso and et all) in higher proportions don't drink to stupor but I was indeed high that night but can't say I forget anything I do that night, that went on for months and at a point I got addicted to it having big boys peers, you know as e de be na if you are a big boy in Nigeria, but one thing I never do is to smoke which I will never do for the whole of my life, that's by gone now and I'm living a new life of my own now, no more alcohols or those big boy syndromes, time to face reality of life and find something doing with my life and grow up into a responsible adult someday. Don't get worried if anyone poke you, look down on you or try to intimidate you or lure you into drinking alcohols, there is more to life than all that and besides its damm bad but I will never discriminate people who do, God is the only perfect one.
Re: Why Do People Frown Upon Few Of Us Who Don’t Drink Alcohol ? by Acidosis(m): 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2012
^ ^ am inspired . Thanks a million

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Reasons Why People Fail In Life / Plane Crash In Lagos? / Spongebob And The 7 Deadly Sins.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.