Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time (54049 Views)

U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 / Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by lekzy01(m): 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2012
As the Falconets go against the USA U-20 women’s team on Tuesday in Japan in the first semi-final match at the on-going FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup, the Edwin Okon-tutored side must endeavour to convert more of the chances that they will create.

Having knocked out the USA in the last championship in 2010, the Americans will be well prepared for Tuesday’s match.

The USA team will rely on their speed, crossing and long range shots. They are big and are physically as robust as the Falconets but not as skilful.

In the match against Mexico last Thursday, the Falconets created loads of chances – 33 shots but so many of the shots were wayward. The trio of Francisca Ordega, Esther Sunday and Desire Oparanozie must link up in the final third to create chances for each other.

Coach Okon must have noticed the breakdown of communication between his forwards and should try and correct the lapses.

Sunday must be mandated to look up to feed her team mates whenever she goes on those mazy dribbles of hers. She is a natural dribbler and that trait should be exploited for the good of the team. If she can continuously get to the by-line and produce telling crosses, Oparanozie, Ordega and Gloria Okobi, arriving from midfield will get chances to score.

The Americans will rely on their crosses a lot and that raises fears as the Falconets’ goalkeeper was flapping at crosses in the last match against Mexico as the only times the Nigerian team was threatened was through free kicks and corner kicks.

Oparanozie wants to win the title this year

The Falconets as a whole have played well individually except for the right-back position which has seen some wobbles. Captain Gloria Ofoegbu has been a Trojan in defence whilst the likes of Cecilia Uwak, Okobi and Asisat Oshoala have held their own in midfield areas.

The Americans will rely on front-runner Maya Hayes, who has four goals, and marauding right-back Crystal Dunn to put some pressure on their opponents. They will be aiming for more set plays so as to test the Nigerian goalkeeper so the defenders will better assume the posture of not conceding any unnecessary free kicks or corner kicks.

The match will be won and lost on the premise of the team that is able to take its chances when they come

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by SOUTHSOUTH1: 10:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
[img][/img]

CHIOMA UBODAGU A NIGERIAN, THAT SCORED THE WINNING GOAL FOR THE USA DURING THE MATCH AGAINST KORIA DPR IS GONNA PLAY AGAINST HER MOTHER LAND (NIGERIA)TOMORROW..

Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by Lyth: 11:14pm On Sep 03, 2012
US babes r one helluva team 2 beat ....but I rep 9ja babes all da way ....win/lose I'm wit u falconets!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by SOUTHSOUTH1: 11:30pm On Sep 03, 2012
Itoroetti :
I believe if NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE FOCUS, D Might win d game.but against d US,THE GALS MUST PUT SUMTHNG XTRA

WE THE NIGERIANS WERE THE ONES THAT SENT THE USA OUT IN THE LAST FEMALE WORLD AT THE SEMI FINAL STAGE, IT IS OBVIOUSE THAT THE USA WILL COME TO REVENGE BUT THE FACT IS THAT WE ARE GOING TO BE NIGHTMARE TO THEM AGAIN AT THE SAME STAGE THEY WERE SENT OUT LAST TIME..
CHIOMA UBOGAGU, A NIGERIAN THAT IS PLAYING FOR THE USA IS GONNA CRY..

Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
The way these women are performing e be like say them fit beat our men.
Any way GOODLUCK to JONATHAN's girls.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by omoijoba(m): 12:21am On Sep 04, 2012
wishing the Falconet best of luck against the USA team...Final straigh,go go Falconet
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by okooloyun1(m): 12:53am On Sep 04, 2012
NL commentators we are counting on you for the live feed.Falconet may the Almighty God see you through to the final.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by Piro4rl(m): 3:33am On Sep 04, 2012
NIGERIA GGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by yankidelta(m): 4:11am On Sep 04, 2012
Tochiokoye: Like seriously why is no nigerian station showing the match....¶ tire for this giant of africa

Like the biblical Esau(Naija) who sold his birthrights(TV rights) to Jacob(DSTV and the likes) for pottage(money).

Now Esau(Naija) has no rights(TV rights) over the Father's property.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by gidiboy1(m): 5:02am On Sep 04, 2012
Chikebrain: Go girls. But those silly stations in Nigeria should better show the match. Its not everyone that has satellites installed in their homes.

Go get one!!!! tongue grin grin

Goodluck Falconet!!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by noobsaibot2(m): 5:23am On Sep 04, 2012
Falconets! Is it the Americans? Finish them... Finish them all.!

NO MERCY!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by Teejay574: 6:10am On Sep 04, 2012
I wic nigeria all d best, nigeria 2, usa 1
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 04, 2012
I believe in our african queens!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by folafola(m): 6:22am On Sep 04, 2012
I pray Falconet wins and I make more cash on their winning
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by SamAfrik(m): 6:26am On Sep 04, 2012
4 continents are represented in d semis. This shows d global spread of female soccer.
I became an addict of female soccer since 2010 cos I cld see d level of maturity, precision, skills & clean play. The officiating too cant be rivalled by d males.
Go Nig

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by Emmysteve(m): 6:30am On Sep 04, 2012
Its 1:30m to go. Bring them on!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by femi4: 6:45am On Sep 04, 2012
sonety2k: Just brought the Match Ticket , I would be there Live in Tokyo Stadium to Support the Team , We are going to Win in Jesus Name (Amen)

Would upload pictures after the game
The last time somebody promised us pix, we no see anything. Hope you won't disappoint cos I ll be watching this space grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by chelseabmw(m): 6:59am On Sep 04, 2012
we are already
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by kariolality: 7:03am On Sep 04, 2012
1hour 2go
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:09am On Sep 04, 2012
Join me for live update from the stadium directly....supplied with good pictures ranging from the fans to the coaching crew and the falconets themselves.

Proudly Nigerian
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:10am On Sep 04, 2012
Its 50mins to go now,we are outside the stadium

The supporters club doing their thing as usual
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:11am On Sep 04, 2012
The americans are trooping in en masses

Embassy must have supported them
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by kariolality: 7:12am On Sep 04, 2012
What is the time out there in Japan @Oyinbogoju
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:15am On Sep 04, 2012
Even though Nigeria Embassy did nothing to support us.
We Nigerians in Tokyo give our full support....

Ride on girls
Empire State of Mind
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:19am On Sep 04, 2012
kariolality: What is the time out there in Japan @Oyinbogoju

Its 3:20pm now
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:21am On Sep 04, 2012
Empire State of Mind

Go on Girlsssss
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by ngnetbiz: 7:23am On Sep 04, 2012
Which link streams this matcch live pls,since naija fagged stations refuse to show it.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:24am On Sep 04, 2012
Proudly Nigerian

Even Japanese confirm say we get mouth

Our head dey dia

Follow me for live commentary
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:26am On Sep 04, 2012
Stay on the thread for latest link

Sit back relax as we bring it to you live

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Messi Finishes Copa America With Red Card After Furious Medel Clash / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 / 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.