Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? (19129 Views)

Turkey Farming-how To / Make Money With Turkey Farming / Snail Farming How Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by miqos02(m): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2012
I see many people buy processed turkey in the market, how profitable is it to farmers
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by miqos02(m): 11:41am On Sep 01, 2012
info needed
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by mkmyers45(m): 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2012
Its quite profitable but it depends on location and the birds need a lot of taking care of...
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by miqos02(m): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2012
mkmyers45: Its quite profitable but it depends on location and the birds need a lot of taking care of...
what do you mean by location. i am talking about lagos/ogun as market
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by mkmyers45(m): 4:51pm On Sep 01, 2012
miqos02:
what do you mean by location. i am talking about lagos/ogun as market

There is a huge market there...clearly profitable
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by miqos02(m): 10:47am On Sep 03, 2012
I am interested in rearing turkeys,please how do I go about it? Mr Jack
Like most agricultural businesses, free-range turkey farming requires adequate knowledge on how to raise turkeys, even if you do allow them to roam around free in a range. There are many aspects of turkeys that any free-range turkey farmer should know about such as the kind and amount of food to be given, especially in free-range turkey farming. In free-range turkey farming, the turkey’s food in-take varies because the turkeys are allowed to roam. Once you get the necessary education about turkeys, it would be a good idea to get work or apprentice with an already established free-range turkey farmer so that you can get the experience of handling the turkeys. Look for a turkey farmer around you and learn some few things.

Madam Olatoye, thanks for your educative write ups. I planted moringa last year and they have really grown, please is it better to eat the moringa leaves fresh or process to powder? Mrs Adenle, Oyo.
Moringa can be eaten in different forms. The moringa leaves can be eaten raw by plucking from the tree and eat directly.

The fresh leaves can be added to your vegetable stew. Your moringa powder can be added to your pap or any food. Can also be taken as tea. Moringa leaves can be added to all your food.

Why you should eat moringa daily?
The nutritional values are thus: Moringa contains the nine essential amino acids that you must get from food! Recent studies have shown that these are necessary to develop a healthy human brain.

.Moringa leaves contain: seven times the vitamin C in oranges, four times the calcium in milk, four times the vitamin A in carrots, two times the protein in milk, three times the potassium in bananas, three times the iron in spinach

You cannot afford not to plant or eat moringa. It is indeed a miracle plant. You can also order for our manual on Moringa.

I read your article on sour sop? Please what is the Yoruba name for sour sop and how do I order for sour sop? Wale from FUTA
Honestly I don’t know the Yoruba name for sour sop. No one seems to know. Please if you know the real Yoruba name for the fruit please send a text to my number. We have sour sop seedlings for sale. The demand for sour sop fruit is increasing daily. There are just pockets of sour sop in Nigeria. The few available fruits around can be expensive compared to other fruits. I know some Nigerians who import their sour sop for family consumption. Any investment in sour sop plantation is worth it. Interested investors can get in touch.

Ma, is rabbit farming a lucrative business?
Rabbit farming can actually become a very lucrative business if you know what you’re getting into. The most important thing to understand here are the basics and how much work a rabbit farming business would actually entail. Of course, as with any other kind of business, the general idea is that the more you know about it, then the better you will be. After all, you wouldn’t want to bite off more than you can chew and end up having to give up even before you’ve had any success with it. So, what should a first time rabbit farmer know?

Rabbitry would require a modest amount of investment as it only needs simple facilities and a fairly small land area. Of course, the facilities and tools are your business’ greatest assets. An average rabbit farm would have around 15 to 100 rabbits at any given time and this would require around N60,000 to N350,000 in startup capital. This is a relatively small amount compared to other kinds of businesses. With 100 rabbits as your intial stock, you will have about 3,000rabbits within a year which can be sold at any age. A young rabbit is sold between N1,000 –N1500. A farmer can earn N3million a year from rabbits.
src: www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/wealth-creation-thru-agric/40843-feedback
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by GGfadar(m): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2015
organic turkey farming tips and how to start
whatsapp 08187212102
will put u through
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by rastamouse: 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
mkmyers45:
Its quite profitable but it depends on location and the birds need a lot of taking care of...

Turkeys just need care. Follow blog here www.turkeyview..com for more info

1 Like

Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by mrvitalis(m): 5:39am On Nov 04, 2015
GGfadar:
organic turkey farming tips and how to start
whatsapp 08187212102
will put u through
Just want to know how much can I get 4 weeks old Turkey.... And how much are they matured once sold.... Thanks
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by GGfadar(m): 5:43am On Nov 04, 2015
You can get 4weeks old Turkey for 1,300 and can be sold between 12k - 15k depending on ur location...

mrvitalis:

Just want to know how much can I get 4 weeks old Turkey.... And how much are they matured once sold.... Thanks
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by boluwajokosegun: 7:28am On Nov 04, 2015
I have both local & foreign
day old ,
6 weeks old,
10weeks,old ,
Poiny of lay old
Old layer turkeys
All for sale any,time of the year

I can train you on how to make weekly good cash from turkey biz

Locarion is lbadan

Call 08120528950
WhatsApp 08182355047

Thank you

1 Like

Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by mrvitalis(m): 7:36am On Nov 04, 2015
GGfadar:
You can get 4weeks old Turkey for 1,300 and can be sold between 12k - 15k depending on ur location...

At 4 weeks can I get all males? ?
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by mrvitalis(m): 7:37am On Nov 04, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
day old ,
6 weeks old,
10weeks,old ,
Poiny of lay old
Old layer turkeys

Foreign... 6 weeks.. . Males.... How much will u sale

Locarion is lbadan

Call 08120528950
WhatsApp 08182355047

Thank you
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by mrvitalis(m): 7:39am On Nov 04, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
day old ,
6 weeks old,
10weeks,old ,
Poiny of lay old
Old layer turkeys

Foreign... 6 weeks.. . Males.... How much will u sale

Locarion is lbadan

Call 08120528950
WhatsApp 08182355047

Thank you
Foreign specie. ... How much will u sale... males... 6 weeks old
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by boluwajokosegun: 7:46am On Nov 04, 2015
6 weeks foreigne turkey is N3600 ,minimum purchase is 10pcs
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by GGfadar(m): 8:53am On Nov 04, 2015
U can't differenciate males from females at 4weeks old.
I don't know if its possible though

mrvitalis:

At 4 weeks can I get all males? ?
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by boluwajokosegun: 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
Better to sex them at 6 weeks
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by barapistis(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
comming back with all you need to know about turkey farming
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by Bookiemart01(f): 4:48pm On Jan 12, 2016
We still never see you ooo

barapistis:
comming back with all you need to know about turkey farming
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by boluwajokosegun: 8:44am On Jan 13, 2016
The Best Way to Start a Business is to Plan the Business. A Well Planned Business
Stands the Test of Time and Opens Door for Opportunities
Contact 08120528950 call & WhatsApp
If you run business without business plan it is not too late to have one which makes
you business to have a great & better success
It will show you both entry & exit point of the business
It will tell you all the available strategies to succeed in the business
It will open your eyes to how & when to employ staff
It will show you the best accounting software or mode to use
It will show you the best, most effective & cheap marketing channels for your a
starting business
It will show you the most effective way to manage your starting business
It will position you for grants, loan etc
It will show you how to leverage on all the available advantages in your business
industry
And lots more
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by dadson2009(m): 4:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
Learning seriously, but I want to start with two turkey, male and female
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by Abiola1016: 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
mrvitalis:

Foreign specie. ... How much will u sale... males... 6 weeks old

How much to feed a day old turkey to market size
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by Abiola1016: 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2016
How much is it to feedba day old turkey to marketsize
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by omo17(m): 7:19pm On May 29, 2016
Abiola1016:
How much is it to feedba day old turkey to marketsize
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 11:28pm On May 29, 2016
Go to my trend and you will see details
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by kojigarta: 9:30am On Feb 19, 2017
Yakubu garba
Location Adadamawa state
Re: TURKEY Farming. How Profitable? by Bestnigeriabusi(m): 12:19am On Sep 17, 2020
Turkey Farming Business Plan In Nigeria PDF

for the full details click the link >>> https://www.bestnigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/turkey-farming-business-plan-in-nigeria-pdf/

(1) (Reply)

How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming In Nigeria / Dry Season Wheat Farming In Jigawa State (Pictures) / Snail Farming In Nigeria: Pen Construction, Broodstock & Feeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.