Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,676 members, 7,865,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:10 AM

Time To Stop Buying Tokumbo Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Time To Stop Buying Tokumbo Phones (811 Views)

How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / How To Stop Unsolicited Sms & Calls From Glo, Mtn, Airtel, Etisalat Etc / How To Stop Annoying Text Messages From MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Time To Stop Buying Tokumbo Phones by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 01, 2012
It baffles me the rate Nigerians patronize tokumbo phones branded as American used or UK used phones. What makes the matter worse is the exorbitant cost of these tokumbo phones. A phone that has been used by someone who may be suffering from one disease or the other is phone some Nigerians are rushing to buy even though they have affordable brand new of the same price with the same specification and one year warranty. For example. Why should someone buy a tokumbo phone worth 90000 naira like iphone 4s while you can use the money buy a brand new phone of even higher spec than iphone. If you can afford 90000 naira and wanted iphone 4s at all cost, why can you save and add more money to buy a brand new apple phone? Why should someone buy used old bold 2 at about 28000 naira while you can buy brand new curve released in 2012 running os 7.1?
What i believe is Nigerians need to be educated on the need to buy only new phones and get the warranty. When we imbibe the culture of buying new phones, we will start getting attention from major manufacturers to invest in our counttry and create jobs. Nigeria will stop being slaves of EU and US, that eat only when the master is satisfied
Re: Time To Stop Buying Tokumbo Phones by Frenchkiss(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2012
My dear, new phones with higher specs are churned not almost every week. How many Nigerians can afford new phones two/three times yearly? Besides, if majority patronise brand news phones, who will buy the used ones in good condition when the owner want's to sell. As 4 me, I buy brand new phones. I'm Currently tired and disappointed with my phone and want to buy a new one in less than 3 months. But after taking out time to calculate how much I've spent on phone between Nov. 2009 -June 2012, I've vowed not to go for brand new phones ever again except if it's Java. Phones are not manufactured in this part of the world you know.

(1) (Reply)

Free MTN Recharge Cards / Alicia Keys Named New Global Creative Director For Blackberry / Airtel Launches Blackberry Z10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.