Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,829 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Pls How Do I Start A Career In Administration Or HR With HND In Computer Science - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls How Do I Start A Career In Administration Or HR With HND In Computer Science (1228 Views)

Can I Get A Federal Govt Job With HND Pass CGPA 2.47/5.00 / Business Administration Or Economics: Which Is Better In The Nigerian Job Market / What To Do With HND In Computer Science Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Do I Start A Career In Administration Or HR With HND In Computer Science by firstlady4(f): 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2012
PLS GUYS, how do I start a career in Administration or HR with HND in computer science? I so much have interest in the administrative department and also in HR. Dont know how to go about it.
Re: Pls How Do I Start A Career In Administration Or HR With HND In Computer Science by yamakuza: 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
writing the CIPM exams would be a good start
Re: Pls How Do I Start A Career In Administration Or HR With HND In Computer Science by AjanleKoko: 1:25pm On Sep 01, 2012
Admin or HR is rather 'generalist'. That's where everybody with no particular skill likes to go.

Why don't you go and pick up some secretarial skills?
Speed writing, secretarial/PA knowledge, etc. There are lots of private colleges around where you can learn those. Depending on where you are in the country.
An old college friend of mine, who studied bichemistry at undergrad level, did the same. He worked as PA to top execs in insurance, oil, and banking, for about ten years. Today he's a regional ops manager for UBA somewhere in the South West.
Re: Pls How Do I Start A Career In Administration Or HR With HND In Computer Science by yamakuza: 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
^ seems she's currently in that line ... https://www.nairaland.com/977786/needed-plsss
Re: Pls How Do I Start A Career In Administration Or HR With HND In Computer Science by AjanleKoko: 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2012
yamakuza: ^ seems she's currently in that line ... https://www.nairaland.com/977786/needed-plsss

No she's not. What's she's doing is like a glorified receptionist job. She needs to go and get some real skills.
Being a PA will put you to work with top execs, and will help you develop the right organizational and administrative skills. Not too many people like to go that route, as I have noticed. The CIPM thing is neither here nor there, as you still need a break to get an opportunity with an HR department. PAs, however, are in quite some demand.
Re: Pls How Do I Start A Career In Administration Or HR With HND In Computer Science by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2012
These days you need to become an
associate of CIPM to stand a chance.

Get the forms. I guess you will start
from intermediate two.

You could also work as an intern in the HR unit of any good organization while doing your CIPM.
Re: Pls How Do I Start A Career In Administration Or HR With HND In Computer Science by firstlady4(f): 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2012
@ yamakuza, pls I don't realy understand what CIPM is all about. Can u please explain or tell me more about it and how to go about it? I intend going for pgd in administration next year, I don't know if d CIPM will be of more important than pgd for now. Thanks guz for all your contributions. More please.
Re: Pls How Do I Start A Career In Administration Or HR With HND In Computer Science by yamakuza: 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2012
first_lady: @ yamakuza, pls I don't realy understand what CIPM is all about. Can u please explain or tell me more about it and how to go about it? I intend going for pgd in administration next year, I don't know if d CIPM will be of more important than pgd for now. Thanks guz for all your contributions. More please.

you can ask on this thread : https://www.nairaland.com/67825/human-resource-professionals , after reading through or visit CIPM website on www.cipmnigeria.org
Re: Pls How Do I Start A Career In Administration Or HR With HND In Computer Science by firstlady4(f): 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2012
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

UK Bsc And Msc Degree. What Position Can I Expect In A Bank? / Justrite/shoprite Interview Venue / Vla Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.