Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Things To Do In Den Haag (the Hague) Netherland. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things To Do In Den Haag (the Hague) Netherland. (2900 Views)

Exciting Things To Do In Lagos Besides The Regular Weekend Clubbing, Others / Any Africans In The Hague, Netherlands? / Any Nairalander In The Hague, Netherlands. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Do In Den Haag (the Hague) Netherland. by Davedavy: 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2012
I will be in Den Haag next week on my way to Brussels.I will arrive at den haag centraal station early in the morning and I have about 12 hours before my connection to Brussels.What are some interesting places to see in Den Haag?

More importantly,i will like to buy some Naija foods,i will appreciate if anyone can tell me where to get Naija foods and the prices.I couldn't find much info on goggle,the only store i found on goggle is: S.K. Mathon B.V.,Taag 1-13 Forepark,2491 CR Den Haag. but i am not even sure if they are still in existence.

Any help will be appreciated.
Re: Things To Do In Den Haag (the Hague) Netherland. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2012
Hello,
I presently live and work in the haugue and have done so for the past 5 months. As per food do you mean cooked Nigerian food? Unfortunately since I got here I am yet to find a Nigerian restaurant in Den Haag, only a Ghanian one that tries to do Nigerian dishes, Thai,chinese and other restaurants. Have to warn you though that restaurant food here is annoyingly expensive. You can end up spending €15 for one single plate of food, as against #5 in nearby London.

If it is raw food you want your best bet would have been to go to the open market in hobbemaplein. There you will find lots of african food like yam,plantain,beans etc. It is also relatively cheap(eg €1 for 3 plantains etc).

I have enclosed a link of more information about the hague below.

http://en.denhaag.nl/en.htm

I would have come to bid you 'welcome' for a few minutes but unfortunately I am travelling out this weekend. Have fun and feel free to ask me any other questions you have.
Re: Things To Do In Den Haag (the Hague) Netherland. by Davedavy: 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
babagboin: Hello,
I presently live and work in the haugue and have done so for the past 5 months. As per food do you mean cooked Nigerian food? Unfortunately since I got here I am yet to find a Nigerian restaurant in Den Haag, only a Ghanian one that tries to do Nigerian dishes, Thai,chinese and other restaurants. Have to warn you though that restaurant food here is annoyingly expensive. You can end up spending €15 for one single plate of food, as against #5 in nearby London.

If it is raw food you want your best bet would have been to go to the open market in hobbemaplein. There you will find lots of african food like yam,plantain,beans etc. It is also relatively cheap(eg €1 for 3 plantains etc).

I have enclosed a link of more information about the hague below.

http://en.denhaag.nl/en.htm

I would have come to bid you 'welcome' for a few minutes but unfortunately I am travelling out this weekend. Have fun and feel free to ask me any other questions you have.

WOW! thanks a lot,the information you provided is very helpful.i mean raw food and not cooked food smiley,so i'll surely check hobbemaplein out.Hope it is not too far from den haag centraal station smiley
Re: Things To Do In Den Haag (the Hague) Netherland. by Talk2naija(m): 8:41am On Sep 05, 2012
nice to see my naija broz in Netherlands, i am just planing to visit Almere, hope to get more info about life and Visa over. I don't know much about Nigerian Resturant in De haag but i know of a Nigerian woman who owns a food store @ almere. Best of luck brothers[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Things To Do In Den Haag (the Hague) Netherland. by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 05, 2012
@davedavy You are welcome my brother. No, Hobbemaplein is not too far from central station at all, Tram 6 should take you there relatively quickly(maybe 10 mintues or less). Be warned though that there are some serious engineering works going on at the central station right now. You might have to go to the ticket station and ask how to find tram 6. Don't worry though, everyone speaks english and are very friendly.

Please also note that i have only every gone to hobbemaplein on saturdays and know they usually stay open from 8am till 5pm saturdays. someone mentioned they don't open every day but unfortunately I don't know the days they close,if I find out will write it here.One thing you will quickly notice about shops here is that by 5.30/6pm most of them close,except on thursdays when they stay open till 9pm, as they are not overtly bothered about making money. Also almost everyone rides bicycle here o, so pls look well well before crossing any road no make bicycle jam you-lol.

Once again have a good trip and have fun in brussels.
@talk2naija-thanks for info , never been to almere b4,maybe someday soon sha.
Re: Things To Do In Den Haag (the Hague) Netherland. by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 05, 2012
http://www.kitchenbutterfly.com/dutch-markets/the-hague/

I am not too busy right now so just browsed and got some really good info on the mkt including pics and opening hours. The link is above, in case you can't open it the website says the mkt opens, and i quote'four days a week – Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, the market is almost always busy. Anytime of the day. Though I guess Saturdays are slightly busier than the others'. Also forgot to mention, pls pls be careful of pickpockets o, they full that mkt. Anyway I trust that no sharp naija bro will fall victim but still be careful with ur wallet.
Re: Things To Do In Den Haag (the Hague) Netherland. by Talk2naija(m): 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
babagboin: @davedavy You are welcome my brother. No, Hobbemaplein is not too far from central station at all, Tram 6 should take you there relatively quickly(maybe 10 mintues or less). Be warned though that there are some serious engineering works going on at the central station right now. You might have to go to the ticket station and ask how to find tram 6. Don't worry though, everyone speaks english and are very friendly.

Please also note that i have only every gone to hobbemaplein on saturdays and know they usually stay open from 8am till 5pm saturdays. someone mentioned they don't open every day but unfortunately I don't know the days they close,if I find out will write it here.One thing you will quickly notice about shops here is that by 5.30/6pm most of them close,except on thursdays when they stay open till 9pm, as they are not overtly bothered about making money. Also almost everyone rides bicycle here o, so pls look well well before crossing any road no make bicycle jam you-lol.

alright brother, maybe we will meet soon.. Take care of yourself
Re: Things To Do In Den Haag (the Hague) Netherland. by Talk2naija(m): 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
babagboin: @davedavy You are welcome my brother. No, Hobbemaplein is not too far from central station at all, Tram 6 should take you there relatively quickly(maybe 10 mintues or less). Be warned though that there are some serious engineering works going on at the central station right now. You might have to go to the ticket station and ask how to find tram 6. Don't worry though, everyone speaks english and are very friendly.

alright brother, maybe we will meet soon.. Take care of yourself
Re: Things To Do In Den Haag (the Hague) Netherland. by Davedavy: 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
babagboin: http://www.kitchenbutterfly.com/dutch-markets/the-hague/

I am not too busy right now so just browsed and got some really good info on the mkt including pics and opening hours. The link is above, in case you can't open it the website says the mkt opens, and i quote'four days a week – Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, the market is almost always busy. Anytime of the day. Though I guess Saturdays are slightly busier than the others'. Also forgot to mention, pls pls be careful of pickpockets o, they full that mkt. Anyway I trust that no sharp naija bro will fall victim but still be careful with ur wallet.

u are God sent babagboin,thanks a lot.
Re: Things To Do In Den Haag (the Hague) Netherland. by zik4ever: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hi everyone. Is any Nairalander in Den Haag at this time? We could just hook up!

(1) (Reply)

10 Top Nigerian Neighbourhoods In London / Why USA Is A Terrible Place To Live / 10 Most Dangerous Cities To Travel To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.