Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

www.enyimbafc.net - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / www.enyimbafc.net (4297 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

www.enyimbafc.net by Farriel(m): 1:38pm On Apr 11, 2006
This was an on-going project, www.enyimbafc.net , had so far done what you've seen.

Needed ideas for back-end development.
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by Seun(m): 4:21pm On Apr 11, 2006
You can't go wrong with Php/MySQL!
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by my2cents(m): 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2006
I took a look at the home page. It looks nice. Now, here are my 2 cents on your concern(s):

1) Whatever language you want to use, shouldn't be an issue unless as determined by the environment you are working in. ASP or PHP should be fine.

2) I have used contribute and wouldn't advise you to do same. It tends to add a lot of fluff to the end-product content. However, if price is an issue, feel free to use it.

3) Attracting advertisers and a large international audience requires more than the advertisers seeing what they see on the site. Keep users in mind. For example:
a) There are a lot of graphics on the page so far. The header alone is 31K. That is 16 seconds on a 56K modem.
b) You may want to use CSS to ensure lighter pages. For example, there is no reason why your menus on the left should be images.
c) Have you thought about Search Engine Optimization?
d) There is no reason for your CSS/Javascript to be on the actual pages. What happens if you need to change something across the board?

4) There is no way for me to search the site

5) To attract, say, Japanese visitors, you may need to think of Internationalization. Even an Ibo version of the site wouldn't be too bad.

6) I am happy you aren't using flash. It seems every page in Nigeria, by decree under penalty of firing squad, has to use flash.

7) Will you be following web standards to ensure a good web experience regardless of browser/platform (PDA, cell phone, etc)?

Overall, I like your ideas. Very creative. You may want to look at sites of european football clubs for more. That is all I will say for now. Anything else, and you will have to pay me wink

Here is my resume/CV: http://www.geocities.com/myibibio/bios/itoroResume.html . I have put together the following sites, in conformance with web standards.

Fellow webmasters, is there anything else that needs to be said? I humbly and gladly accept suggestions/comments.

Thanks,
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by Ynot(m): 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2006
I will make a quick comment on what i can see so far without repeating what my2cents said. First off, resize the site to fill the browser window. Always test with different browsers before uploading. Its like 3/4 on my IE and thats not attractive.

You can link the photo gallery to randomly display a different picture on the home page when refreshed or on next visit.

Put a link for fans to contact their favorite player(s) and see to it that the player(s) receive the message and possibly reply if necessary. Makes the whole thing dynamic and interesting.
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by bolaoni(m): 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2006
@Farriel,

You have done a very wonderful job, having in mind that the job is a work in progress.

I want to know if you will be working alone on this project. When you need reports to be posting everyday, will there be journalists working with you or somebody will be sending you the materials? You need to understand that this is a whole lot of work you are about to begin.

I'm also looking at you putting a forum on the site for the fans of Enyimba to meet and discuss. What do you think?
Since the site will be international, you can also register for affiliate programmes like Pay Per Click/lead progs that will be generating some passice income for the site.

Just look @ Soccernet or even www.manutd.com cool for inspiration.

Congratulations my guy.
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by LoverBwoy(m): 3:12pm On Apr 12, 2006
you can get ideas from http://www.arsenal.com/index.asp cool
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by bolaoni(m): 3:23pm On Apr 12, 2006
Why are you following me about?

This is no footie forum my guy. grin
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by twinstaiye(m): 6:02pm On Apr 12, 2006
Downloads of wallpaper of some of the players is also important, well, I guess the picture of the Abia State Governor needs to be conspicuously place somewhere on the web site. Having said that, the nick name of the club (The People's Elephant) should also be conspicuously placed on the website.
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by trips(m): 6:39pm On Apr 12, 2006
what i see on z site is quite impressive,
2 cents got some nice tips,
which i zink you should follow,
well some of them,
and you couldnt do bad wiv PHP/SQL.
the site go nice just relax and zink. wink
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by loungr(m): 7:19pm On Apr 12, 2006
Wonderful Job
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by romeo(m): 8:28pm On Apr 12, 2006
you don't need to put text on pictures, i suggest that you use alternative text or tooltips (HTML), text appears on placing mouse on picture or you write text outside the picture not inside
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by Vongauche(m): 12:09am On Apr 13, 2006
Congrats! i'm no tech geek but how about getting a domain name ending with ".com.ng" to rep Nigeria?

Also, try some quality sound bites of fans singing, "Nzogbu, nzogbu! enyimba, enyimba!" and with the lyrics available if only for my benefit. i might just dump shooting stars permanently for enyimba!

all the logos/icons are nice except for the bottom "glo" which is somewhat pixellated (sic). Looking forward to seeing the completed thing. Keep up the good work.
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by skima(m): 9:49am On Apr 13, 2006
Good work so far,  but try and save your files .php or .asp .aspx

any technology u want to use, because u said you want to make it dynamic.

If u need any php support let me know.
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by Farriel(m): 10:35am On Apr 13, 2006
Ah, thanks to all of you though.

@my2cents, The nav bar by the left aren't images, you can't select them to see. As for the banner, I'm going to reduce that in size, thanks for pointing that out to me, I really appreciate your comments, even though you're saying I should pay if I need more.  wink

@Ynot, The size of the table is 800px and I'm sure that's about right for a webpage table structure. You might be experiencing a very small table size if you increase your screen resolution considerably. Besides, on my acer laptop, the size is really small due to the 17'' size of the LCD but when I preview in other systems or in cafes (which is where a bulk of the fans would be surfing from, it fills the monitor). Thanks all the same man. In the players profile, I could do add the contact link but you see, the club aren't really happy about their players being contacted like that. Considering the fact that the wrong persons could be contacting them.

@bolaoni, Thanks for the compliments. Man, I'd be working alone on the project, no shizzles about that. The stories on the site would be sent in by journalists everyday and during matches. When there's a match being played at the Aba Township Stadium, I've got to be there myself and update in real time, this time no journalists. I'd surely implement a forum later and register for the affiliate too. But all that would be after I'm over the hassles of server technology to implement.

@Vongauche, The club had gone ahead to pay for the domain before I was recruited. Ah, I'd look into the fans singing that song  cheesy . I'm sure lots of people, particularly Igbos would appreciate it. I'm ditching the glo logo right this minute. Thanks man.

@skima, Please I need all the PHP support I can get. I'd buzz you up the moment I start having problems.
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by Farriel(m): 10:49am On Apr 13, 2006
Romeo, thanks for that point, but these people here are so physically-oriented if there's anything like that. They want the images associated with the main stories to have captions on them like they see on magazines. I had argued this but they wouldn't listen. I'd ditch it when I have a report on the main story again. That is, if its that you're singularly referring to.

By the way, who knows anything about CuteNews?
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by my2cents(m): 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2006
Farriel,

Interestingly, I woke up on the right side of my bed this morning. So, if you need more suggestions/comments, let me know and I will be sure to help.

Take advantage of this exceptional package that will last for a limited time LOL
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by Farriel(m): 5:21pm On Apr 13, 2006
That's quite interesting to note. I'd be contacting you shortly but my greatest worry right now is an effective, yet free CMS to use. WordPress that Seun pointed out to me seems designed for blogging, CuteNews that a friend told me requires too many scriptings for effective use. Besides, my employers had gone ahead to pay for a Yahoo Web Hosting service which sucks incredibly with its lack of support for many server technology tools.

I'm just stuck in the middle of nowhere and they aren't willing to pay extra just yet for that sort of thing, I mean, going ahead to get a new webhosting package or buying a licensed and effective CMS.
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by menike(m): 6:29pm On Apr 13, 2006
nice one
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by bolaoni(m): 2:35pm On Apr 14, 2006
@Farriel,

U too should be unwilling to continue then.

If their uncooperative or itk attitude will undermine your job, why not tell them so.

@ the end of the day, you will get the big stick if things don't work out as expected
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by skima(m): 3:53pm On Apr 14, 2006
Wat if we create a CMS that is meant only for this project?

Will be built from ground up with the mission in mind?

Check out http://welbornstory.com

I can develop your CMS for u to fit your site design.

With PHP/MySQL that yahoo hosting supports.

Re: www.enyimbafc.net by joftech(m): 11:49am On Apr 16, 2006
There are bunch of CMS out there that can make this project as simple as pie.

Just do some research.
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by Farriel(m): 6:13pm On Apr 16, 2006
Joftech, could you please post links to these CMS that could make this job seem like pie. I'd really want to lay my hands on them, as WordPress and CuteNews have failed in that regard. Contribute too.

Oga Bolaoni, I'd do my best to continue advising them on the benefits of using industry standard technologies in their web project, if they persistently decline to conform, then maybe I just could do the job with whatever tools I've got but yet try to improvise on some areas. I'm looking forward to spicing up my portfolio with this singular project.  wink

Skima, I sent you an email with the link on your site but it returned; user not found. Perhaps we might want to talk more about your intents, couldn't we?
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by demmy(m): 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2006
@Farriel

Do you know if Abia State government has a official website? I have search the length and breath of the Net for it. Thanks.
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by Farriel(m): 12:59pm On Apr 22, 2006
Demmy you could check this out. www.orjikalu.com

It's more or less the state government's site.
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by Christino(m): 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2006
Farriel:

Demmy you could check this out. www.orjikalu.com

It's more or less the state government's site.

Really? shocked hmnn, that reminds me of Governor Audu grin

Nice site, but I don't dig the fonts. I prefer soft verdana or tahoma.
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by 9ja4eva: 8:07am On Jun 24, 2007
Enyimbas site is nt bad
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by Mustay(m): 8:14am On Jun 24, 2007
Abi o!
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by 9ja4eva: 8:17am On Jun 24, 2007
I prefer Dolphins own sha
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by Mustay(m): 8:24am On Jun 24, 2007
I know you. Dolphins never dey relegated?
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by 9ja4eva: 8:26am On Jun 24, 2007
E be like
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by Mustay(m): 8:51am On Jun 24, 2007
See this one. No be you dey visit them site?
Re: www.enyimbafc.net by 9ja4eva: 7:42am On Jun 25, 2007
U no dey go dere

(1) (2) (Reply)

Djokovic Beats Murray To Win Australian Open / NBA,NHL,NFL Daily 99.9% Sure Picks!!!! / Arsenal Striker Bukayo Saka Arrives Nigeria As Fans Mobbed Him At Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.