Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Yoruba Race & Inbreeding - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Race & Inbreeding (1928 Views)

Benin Kingdom Vs Yoruba Race: Why Oba Of Benin Is Number One, By Odia Ofeimun / Benin Kingdom Vs Yoruba Race: Why Oba Of Benin Is Number One, By Odia Ofeimun / Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Race & Inbreeding by nku5: 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2012
I have noticed with great wonder at the rate of incest among yoruba ppl. In some cases we have even heard extreme cases of where YORUBA MEN MARRY THEIR OWN DAUGHTERS outside the shores of this country for the thrill and just to get papers to enable them stay abroad and tarniish the image of this country. The question is why? Is it genetic? Environmental or cultural.I believe it is genetic. I need serious answers please. No trolling allowed here. Thanks
Re: Yoruba Race & Inbreeding by anonymous6(f): 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2012
another troll thread: and about incest, a disgusting part of human nature that happens in every culture inside and outside Nigeria
Re: Yoruba Race & Inbreeding by Tolaaaaannni(f): 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2012
grin grin Inbreeding ko outbreeding ni. Most yoruba people won't even let their son marry from their in-laws family talk less of marrying from the same family. op you are a troll indeed.
Re: Yoruba Race & Inbreeding by Goddess12: 11:27pm On Sep 01, 2012
You lied again, the only group that does this and even worse is the ibo
nku5: I have noticed with great wonder at the rate of incest among yoruba ppl. In some cases we have even heard extreme cases of where YORUBA MEN MARRY THEIR OWN DAUGHTERS outside the shores of this country for the thrill and just to get papers to enable them stay abroad and tarniish the image of this country. The question is why? Is it genetic? Environmental or cultural.I believe it is genetic. I need serious answers please. No trolling allowed here. Thanks
Re: Yoruba Race & Inbreeding by sigmundfreud(m): 4:20am On Sep 02, 2012
i dont trust ur motive for this post....
Its not true among the yorubas, inbreeding commoner in the north, in iceland and the jews and historically among the royal families in europe and pharaohs of egypt.
Re: Yoruba Race & Inbreeding by amor4ce(m): 8:45am On Sep 02, 2012
[size=18pt]Son impregnates own mother, sister in Delta[/size]
Posted about 123 days ago
A 26-year-old, Ugochukwu has thrown residents of Ibusa, a settlement near Asaba, the capital of Delta State, into bewilderment and palpable tension for allegedly impregnating his mother and step-sister.
Ugochukwu, otherwise known as Peter by his cliques in the area, was said to have left his mother, identified as Cecilla, to work in a Lagos hotel at the age of 12.
Dailypost exclusively learnt that subsequent on the demise of Ugochukwu’s father, his mother, got married to a Yoruba man in Lagos.
Meanwhile, Peter who was later admitted into the Lagos State Polytechnic met one Mary and they both started dating. Unknown to him, the lovebird latter turned out to be his stepsister (being the girl his mother had for the Yoruba man his mother remarried in Lagos) after putting her in the family way.
However, the love between Cecelia and the Yoruba man went sour after three issues and she latter indulged in commercial sex work around Allen Avenue, Ikeja where his son, Ugochukwu who got himself drunk one night decided to pass the night in the hotel where her mother coincidentally does her bed-to-wealth business.
Unknowingly, Ugochukwu ended up picking his mother and they both had unprotected sexual intercourse and got her impregnated.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/05/02/son-impregnates-own-mother-sister-in-delta/
Re: Yoruba Race & Inbreeding by Esss(m): 8:51am On Sep 02, 2012
amor4ce: [size=18pt]Son impregnates own mother, sister in Delta[/size]
Posted about 123 days ago
A 26-year-old, Ugochukwu has thrown residents of Ibusa, a settlement near Asaba, the capital of Delta State, into bewilderment and palpable tension for allegedly impregnating his mother and step-sister.
Ugochukwu, otherwise known as Peter by his cliques in the area, was said to have left his mother, identified as Cecilla, to work in a Lagos hotel at the age of 12.
Dailypost exclusively learnt that subsequent on the demise of Ugochukwu’s father, his mother, got married to a Yoruba man in Lagos.
Meanwhile, Peter who was later admitted into the Lagos State Polytechnic met one Mary and they both started dating. Unknown to him, the lovebird latter turned out to be his stepsister (being the girl his mother had for the Yoruba man his mother remarried in Lagos) after putting her in the family way.
However, the love between Cecelia and the Yoruba man went sour after three issues and she latter indulged in commercial sex work around Allen Avenue, Ikeja where his son, Ugochukwu who got himself drunk one night decided to pass the night in the hotel where her mother coincidentally does her bed-to-wealth business.
Unknowingly, Ugochukwu ended up picking his mother and they both had unprotected sexual intercourse and got her impregnated.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/05/02/son-impregnates-own-mother-sister-in-delta/

I look forward to seeing this on the front page...

Mods, please don't let me down..

This thread actually has a direct effect on the price of garri in Delta State..
Re: Yoruba Race & Inbreeding by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 02, 2012
grin
Re: Yoruba Race & Inbreeding by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 02, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1035628/yoruba-race-inbreeding#12026860

ok, that clearly shows it was not intentional though. tongue grin
It also shows in the south east it's considered taboo with the very first line.

"A 26-year-old, Ugochukwu has thrown residents of Ibusa, a settlement near Asaba, the capital of Delta State, into bewilderment and palpable tension for allegedly impregnating his mother and step-sister."

"was said to have left his mother, identified as Cecilla, to work in a Lagos hotel at the age of 12."

"Unknown to him, the lovebird latter turned out to be his stepsister (being the girl his mother had for the Yoruba man his mother remarried in Lagos) after putting her in the family way."

"Unknowingly, Ugochukwu ended up picking his mother and they both had unprotected intimate intercourse and got her impregnated."

This story sounds a bit farfetched and full of holes however, based on the article alone, it was by mistake and thus not an "Igbo thing".

I don't even believe the Yoruba collectively engage in this. This tribalism and defamation thing is a bit old and childish. undecided
Re: Yoruba Race & Inbreeding by sigmundfreud(m): 10:50am On Sep 02, 2012
This tribalism and defamation thing is a bit old and childish.[/color]
True talk.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do Africans Hate Black American Media? / Germany's Ten Most Surreal Landmarks / Why Are We Fascinated By Death!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.