Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig (8610 Views)

Nokia C6, Nokia N96 And Nokia N95 8gb For Sale / Hack Wifi On Nokia N95 / Nokia N95 8gb(fake)- Masterpiece Of Deception! **images resized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by naijafan(m): 6:25pm On Jan 05, 2008
@neoteny
darn you, all pretentionists who claim the iphone sux. sure its not windows mobile, it doesnt let you edit excel/word/pdf. but who the heck wants to anyway? on a screen that tiny? wots your lappy for?
that was obviously an attack wink. i didnt take it personal anyway, i just replied. Bleep wateva you mean by faulty comprehension man.

when i talked about IMAP, i didnt mention POP3 as well so why bring that up? Seems like you tryna use every piece of information you can gather to prove a point about ur love for the iPhone. . . cheesy. I dont have a problem with that as well anyway. Just stop raising disconnected points.

Neoteny:

so if you want gps, 5mp camera, bluetooth FTP, the dated series 60 interface and plastic buttons then go for the N95. but if you really want great digital photos, lovely videos, fabulous music, a cool user interface, desktop class aplications, a sweet browser and a work of art go for the iphone.
I'm not exactly sure what you refer to as great digital photos (images copied into the device, or images taken by the device)
Desktop class applications? WTF? On a closed system grin. Anyhow sha. . . maybe u're 2-3 months into the future after the release of Apple's SDK in February. Till then, the iPhone is just an iPod that can make/recieve calls and send/recieve SMS as long as u dont have an Internet connection.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by topeteadr(m): 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2008
[/quote]Posted by: Neoteny 
@tope

the iphone is very easy to use. if you find it complicated then i suggest you get a brain transplant. i don't think you even own one. 
@Neoteny Believe me u don't want to start wit me. . .

Posted by: texazzpete 
I'm shocked someone here says the iphone is too complicated. So big shiny icons are too complicated for you abi?

The iphone rocks a 624MHz ARM processor and a powerVR 3d chip, so it should be able to pump out graphics superior to the Nokia N95 if need be. also it runs a mobile version of Mac OSX, and with the Apple SDK coming out in february you can be sure the explosion of apps coming to the phone.

The iphone costs $400. The N95 costs $700. go figure! [quote]

Read my post over and over again. . . . . . the phone is complicated round d internet aspect area,  . . . . take a look at it 4 urself. . . .
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2008
@naijafan

my tiny rant was sweepingly directed at a certain class of peole who have had no hands on experience with iphone and other classes of phone against which its incessantly compared and thus cannot truly appreciate what the iphone really is. im noit a reckless dreamy eyed apple fanboy cos at the end of the day i use the PC more than the Mac, and windows mobile serves my geekiness a lot more than iphone os x. therefore my remarks were not designed to be an atack against any specific individual, however i do sincerely apologize if you take affront at my choice of words.

your mentioning imap does not invalidate my choice of mentioning other mail capabilties of the iphone, therefore i see nothing disjointed about tossing in pop in the same sentence as imap on the subject of mail.

and yes i do scour the net to gather information. is that a bad thing? if nothing it gives me leverage to make my point with the benefit of authority rather than spouting forth perceptions and POV. the essence of the internet is to be informed and i encourage everyone to learn as much as they can. thats what we have a forum like this for.

meanwhuile when i mentioned great digital photos i meant it in terms of the display capabilities of the iphone which is far brighter and vibrant than the n95s. megapixels are apparent and better appreciated not on the phone display but on proper computer dislays. it doesnt really matter how you got your pix into the iphone, they still look great.

let me say this again: the iphone is an enteratainment device, very much a cool PMP with phone capabilities and a great browser (which microsoft stole with its Deep Fish project) and great wifi connectivity. its not a blackberry, or an E61, or Tmobile's Sidekick. its not a business device. and that was my whole point. in my initial post i didnt compare it to the N95 costhe 95 is also an entertainment device (Nseries for entertainment, Eseries for business). i just find the attempt to lump up the iphone with the rest of the business lines as awkward.

you know what? that iphone user interface? it can be approximated on a windows mobile with adobe Flash, Tween and a simple server as a backend socket to the flash UI. flash is not core animation but hey, it gets the job done. it was done by MEizu with the M7 and M8 and the guys at www.whoneedsaniphone.com. its no big deal. its multitouch thats the killer app, and that is the revolutionary part of the iphone. and that is what i like about it.

when i say desktop class, i mean in the sense of iphone running mac os 10. not a slimmed down os like windows mobile or a limited one like linux embedded or symbian or alm os. i mean proper 700mb of desktop power in a mobile device. mac os 10 was only customized to work with the multitouch interface similar to windows xp tablet edition. thats what accounts for the missing 700 mb of 8gig space. even core animation, which makes leopard such eye candy was first showcased in the iphone. you cant say much about this kind of technology and raw power about the n95, or maybe its cos im a geek.

dont get me wrong. the n95 is best of its class, but thats a different class from the iphone in my opinion.

once again im sorry if my words stung a little.

@tope

yah, you told me to SFTU and i called you a blockhead. isnt that fair? the iphone is very easy to use. way too easy. even for blockheads. as for brickheads-well!

oh, and tezzazzpete was among the first proud owners in nairaland so watch it. he knows what he's talking about.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by texazzpete(m): 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2008
The Ignorance is strong in this thread
Imagine a guy here saying that he can only install apps on his iphone if he jailbreaks it. How the frag did you get a non-jailbroken phone to work in naija anyway? All unlocked iphones are jailbroken already.

The truth is, many of y'all bashing the iphone have never used it before. The iphone provides a refreshing glimpse at the future, and provides lots of power under the hood. Aren't you guys a teensy bit tired of the dated series 60 interface, scrolling through long menus with crappy joysticks? Installing the same inane sis and java apps to your nokia devices?
The N95 has many cool features, but so many aren't truly useful in Nigeria. GPS for example is a pretty much unused feature by Nigerian users. Don't get me started on TV too, you'll search in vain to pick up a DVB-T signal in Nigeria (or most parts of Africa, for that matter). The abysmal battery life of the N95 is mentioned in EVERY single review, and it's a major complaint.

The iphone has many things it does that the N95 cannot dream of. It's multimedia features are unparalled, it's internet browser blows away anything on the N95 (and that includes your entire collection of sis and java browser apps). It's email feature may be simplistic, but its far and away more accessible and better presentd than that on the N95. It was adjudged to have the 'best calender on any mobile handheld device'. With practice you'll type way faster on the iphone's keypad than the N95's keypad.
Tell me, which nokia handset can belt out 5 hours of video and 480 x 320 resolution, or 23 hours of audio? Certainly not the N95!

Most of the iphone's missing features are all software related. OPen source hackers have full fledged SMS and MMS apps for the iphone.
Hell, there's even a PLAYSTATION and GAME BOY ADVANCE emulator for the iphone.

There's a reason the iphone was named Time magazine's invention/device of the year 2007. NOT any nokia phone.

@Tope Teadr
Complicated around the internet feature? In your vocabulary this probably means you can't configure the iphone for glo GPRS (Celtel and MTN are dead easy). The answer can be found by googling, but i suspect you're too lazy to check. . .
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by MrInfo1(m): 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2008
Na tope manufacture N95?   angry face Nokia  jo! grin
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by phishaman(m): 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2008
very soon it'll be this baby everybody will be lookin at,

Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by MrInfo1(m): 3:29am On Jan 08, 2008
click here for iphone video preview

I watched a video about this apple iphone of a thing, I was able to gather the main disadvantages of iphone which are: 

No video recording
you can only change the incoming calls ringtone;
the messaging alerts and almost any other types of alerts are fixed.
No Office documents editor
No third party applications
No 3G support ( Not sure )
doesn't have cut/copy/paste features
phonebook doesn't allow letter-by-letter searching of your contacts
You cannot send a message to multiple recipients
You cannot send/receive MMS
If someone happens to call you while you are typing a message, it's gone for good
Doesn't let you create your own playlists
No settings for the quality of the camera
The OS doesn't have a Task Manager for managing the currently running programs. unlike Nokia symbain phones
Bluetooth cannot be used to exchange data with other Bluetooth enabled device ( sux alot for APPLE )

My dear brother's this iphone is nothing special for a buy  angry
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 12:24pm On Jan 08, 2008
most of the problems regarding mms and sms are being taken care of by 1.1.3, which is coming soon. anive seen a sneak preview and it even supports pagination of springboard so thats very good news for 3rd party apps. you can bet your bollocks that clipboarding will be addressed by firmware upgrade too.

contacts selection by letter? d'uh. try selecting or scrolling the letter dock on the right hand side.

lots of native 3rd party apps bro. ifuntastic, modmyiphone.com, customizing home screen such as summerboard even leopard stacks. besides the official sdk is coming soon.

camera at default settings is fine. and since you went the trouble of collecting demerits, its fair for the sake of balanced judment to list the goodies too.

true about playlists but the favorites rating thingy works as well. besides, itunes is bettter for that.

i dont know why people bother with editing office docs on a tiny screen which most often screws up formatting and excel formulas. me i do my docs on regular old pc.

@phishman.

that "baby" is a concept", like the google phone. may not make it to production.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 12:31pm On Jan 08, 2008
@tezzazzpete

lots of peole dont know how surprisingly easy it is to jailbreak the phone, and how easier still to install tons of apps. all you need is good wifi

i see from your earlier screenie that you got lots on your fone. gr8.

pls ignore all those ranters who only spew forth what they heard from others. n95! imagine!! kai!!!

me, i can never buy another nokia again. they never change that yeye dated series 60 UI.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by texazzpete(m): 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2008
@infobaba
3rd party apps have solved 90% of all the gripes you mentioned.

There's nothing the N95 has that hasn't been seen before. The iphone is a revolutionary device and it's the first of its kind.

You Nigerians live, eat and breathe nokia. Sheesh!
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by MrInfo1(m): 9:32pm On Jan 08, 2008
@ texazzpete
So u mean iphone is here to stay even if it the beginning of bad rubbish ?

undecided
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by texazzpete(m): 1:16pm On Jan 09, 2008
@infobaba
I know Nokia don't pay either of us any money, so why would i label any well-crafted phone as 'bad rubbish' simply because it isn't a Nokia?

You haven't used an Iphone for extended periods yet you condemn it.
Go get yourself and iphone and for Okoro's sake, break free of Nokia's yoke!
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by topeteadr(m): 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2008
****** I'M HERE TO KICK SOME BUTT ***

infobaba i heard also 'bout the disadvantages the iphone has.
· Short battery life (only 5 hours of heavy use)

· Batteries are NOT replaceable

· Screen keyboard is tricky to use

· No instant messaging capability

· Only content compatible with iTunes can be used on the iPhone – you’re locked in to Apple! (i.e. can't put movies you downloaded from your PC onto it.)

· No MMS or video messaging

· Not 3G

· Expensive!

Why you would:
Flicky picture albumn thing.
8gb memory.
not much else.

texazzpete:

The Ignorance is strong in this thread
Imagine a guy here saying that he can only install apps on his iphone if he jailbreaks it. How the frag did you get a non-jailbroken phone to work in naija anyway? All unlocked iphones are jailbroken already.

@Tope Teadr
Complicated around the internet feature? In your vocabulary this probably means you can't configure the iphone for glo GPRS (Celtel and MTN are dead easy). The answer can be found by googling, but i suspect you're too lazy to check. . .

texazzpete Okay i only like glo sims and i have an iphone , . . . so what's the use. . .

@Neoteny Tore me up? LMAO! Quit kidding yourself! :-D only thing you did is try hook up with a slag over the net.
Homie? Na man, you got it twistd, aint your homie,never gna be. Maybe the day your i-Pooo. . . . .i mean i-Phonny. . . . .sorry i meant to say i-Phone can have its battery removed by its user, take 3rd Party apps straight out the box,not have weird owners like you,record videos, run 10 or more 3rd party apps at once, be a REAL SMARTPHONE, MMS, COPY PASTE, have atleast 3G, bluetooth TRANSFER OH and it must NOT need iTunes to activate it if your i-Phone is so good and can do all that THEN ye you can call me homie. you chickenhead.
Aint bragging,just pointing out that i-Phone aint worth the cash, and even the market shows that with the dramatic price drop.

I just dont know why ur still spitting crap 'bout this phone, . .This is good too but missing MMS, REGULAR BLUETOOTH, FORWARD SMS ( 1.1.2) VIDEO RECORDING, RING TONE ADDING ( FREE), and allot, , ,
. . . .yesssssss i heard u Iphone user, with all u shouting about, how many Iphone r sold in worldwide? less than 2million i guess, and how many Moto Razr V3 r sold? Oops, 100 million, so u see the problem with Apple is why even bother to create revolutionary product if you can't sell it worlwide, o yeah by the time we r talking Microsoft is developing WM 7 based on touchsreen, really cool, If you said Microsoft is copying Apple i couldnt agree more but i rather buy Microsoft software which of course available to every customeeer and of course its full support 3rd party.

so what do u say iphone user?

, The iphone is trying to catch up to the quality of the n95 with video recording, 15 second's ha, gps external , ha, what next. Will they try to give you a camera, what you have now is nothing 2meg no auto focus and no flash. you iphone boy's should be happy us n95 men are on here because i'am sure the boy's at apple read these forum's and realise how much more the iphone need's. Then they just might get their act together and give you boy's a better iphone!!!!!!!

, and How can Apple squeeze Mac OS X into the iPhone? On a Mac, a minimal installation of OS X takes up at least 10 GB of disk space, and happily consumes all the RAM it can find. The iPhone doesn't have a hard drive at all.

So pls guy's look 4 a better phone. . .
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2008
@tope

gasp! such ignorance! and i called you a blockhead! my bad YOU ARE A DICK HEAD!!

you have the iphone and yet you say "you iphone boy's should be happy us n95 men are on here"??

i doubt it bro.

the only people i know who really condemn the iphone and gripe about it are reviewers who don't own one and reviewed instead the very first version that came out. since then we've had numerous updates and i keep repeating that not only 3rd party appz but software upgrade from version 1.1.3 firmware and above is taking care of all the mms/sms bugs

you keep harping on about the battery. so whaat? the ipod has a built in battery but that didnt stop apple from selling a hundred million units and making it the best and most popular mp3 player.

can't put your own videos in iphone? what planet are you from? where do you pick up this rubbish or do you just make it up just so that your tiny feminine voice could be heard above the thunderous chatter of those who really know?

please! either get an iphone, get your favorite monkey's uncle to get you one, or simply borrow from us so you can have grounds to say your piece. nobody says you shouldn gripe but bro do it constructively with the benefit of experience. sheesh!

and kid you don't need itunes to activate. here's how you do it. first make sure you have good wifi.

1. put in any sim card. slide for emergency and dial *#301#
2. the phone will call itself. erase the dialed numer and dial 0.
3. answer the call, put it on hold. after the phone calls itself again decline the call. you will be taken tothe dialpad.
4.  select contacts, tap to add a new contact. lets call this contact (if we wish) TOPE.
5. tap to add a new URL, in the first field of the URL type prefs:1f (most online tuts omit the 1f, but i find that in 1.1.1 it wont work if you omit it). in the second field type jailbreakme.com and save the contact.

6.  now tap on the first link you created (prefs) so get to settings. diable autolock.

7. go back to springboard by pressing home button ( know where it is right? can't find it? its the ONLY button on the front  grin). now slide for emergence again, repeat the steps of making the phone call itself until you get to contacts again.
8. tap the second URL. the phone will take you th web page were you get to install appsnap (installer.app.)

9. after you install, safari will close and the activation screen will apear again. wait a mo and iphone will reboot. VOILA!! when the phone restarts you will see slide to unlock rather than slide for emergency.

thats how you activate and from there you can proiceed to sim unlock it with anysim.app via installer.

thats how you activate it and jailbreak that sucker.

all the apps you want are freely avaiable via installer.

and bro, multitouch is heavily patented. if your beloved microshaft attempts it tehy will get a cool lawsuit all over again as when they stole os 7's interface.

os x eats 10 gigs?? how did they fit it on the dvd then? can you tell us?

mumu, iphone runs on FULL osx and its only 700mb.

even vista ultimate is around 2.1 gigs. and the vista cd is an image not an installer so you its bigger.
so whos butt got kicked huh, teenager?
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by topeteadr(m): 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2008
[/quote]@tope

gasp! such ignorance! and i called you a blockhead! my bad YOU ARE A DICK HEAD!!

your so emotionally affected that all u hv to do now is throw ridiculing word's at me. . . this is where i would say get a life. . . . . ,

and kid you don't need itunes to activate. here's how you do it. first make sure you have good wifi.

1. put in any sim card. slide for emergence and dial *#301#
2. the phone will call itself. erase the dialed numer and dial 0.
3. answer the call, put it on hold. after the phone calls itself again decline the call. you will be taken tothe dialpad.
4. select contacts, tap to add a new contact. lets call this contact (if we wish) TOPE.
5. tap to add a new URL, in the first field of the URL type prefs:1f (most online tuts omit the 1f, but i find that in 1.1.1 it wont work if you omit it). in the second field type jailbreakme.com and save the contact.

6. now tap on the first link you created (prefs) so get to settings. diable autolock.

7. go back to springboard by pressing home button ( know where it is right? can't find it? its the ONLY button on the front Grin). now slide for emergence again, repeat the steps of making the phone call itself until you get to contacts again.
8. tap the second URL. the phone will take you th web page were you get to install appsnap (installer.app.)

9. after you install, safari will close and the activation screen will apear again. wait a mo and iphone will reboot. VOILA!! when the phone restarts you will see slide to unlock rather than slide for emergency.

thats how you activate and from there you can proiceed to sim unlock it with anysim.app via installer.

thats how you activate it and jailbreak that sucker.

all the apps you want are freely avaiable via installer.

and bro, multitouch is heavily patented. if your beloved microshaft attempts it tehy will get a cool lawsuit all over again as when they stole os 7's interface.

os x eats 10 gigs?? how did they fit it on the dvd then? can you tell us?

mumu, iphone runs on FULL osx and its only 700mb.

even vista ultimate is around 2.1 gigs. and the vista cd is an image not an installer so you its bigger.
so whos butt got kicked huh, teenager?
[quote]
Read ur post all over again. . . . so i have to go through that process b4 i get to use a phone. .
os x eats 10 gigs?? how did they fit it on the dvd then? can you tell us, . . That has nothing to do wit me we're talking 'bout the iphone. . . and pls try to get a real cd, i mean the original version

And i'm nt a female . . . . i'm a male get it. . . so u can go fcu!< urself. . .
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2008
1. apple didnt invent the cellphone, it re-invented it. nokia invented-NOTHING!
  apple1, nokia 0

2. apple innovated a cool UI. nokia series 60 interface has been aroound since 2000.

apple 2, nokia o

3. aple's safari is gorgeous. nokia's s60 "web" browser sux.

4. apple 3, nokia 0

5. apple has a giant cool screen. half of nokia's real estate is crowded with placticky buttons.

apple 4, nokia 0

see where this is going? im sure we can go on and on.

1. apple innovated graphical GUI, the mouse and firewire. Microsoft stole the concept.

apple 1, M$ 0

2. the click wheel was invented by aple. it ensured ipod's dominance. um, zune, who?
 apple 2, M$ 0

3. mac os x is arguably the most advanced, feature rich and easy to use OS. windows sux.
   apple 3 m$ 0
4. Puma, Tiger and leopard are BIG CATS: Windows CE, ME, NT are CEMENT.

apple 4 m$0

5. microsoft surface was copied from multitouch.
 aple 5 m$ 0

6. Microsoft deepfish was copied from iphone's safari
 apple 6 m$ 0

need i go on, Tope? is the picture getting any clearer or is it all a blur to the celeron in that head of yours?

oh and you have to go through that easy process cos the phone is tethered to a carrier, AT&T, which we dont have in naija. and before you whine most phones come tied to a carrier. besides, the method disroved your wacky theory that we MUST have itunes (which is even free, no need to bypass Windows genuine advantage)to activate.

besides somethin tells me you are mixing up activation with unlocking. you are that daft.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by topeteadr(m): 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2008
The server's down so i'll hv 2 come back. . . So 4 nw. . . Gn get a real phone and stop dreaing
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2008
nah, server isnt down, you just want to go scratch yer nuts thinking of an apt comeback.

meanwhile how can you say you "also heard heard about the iphone disadvantages" when you claim to have one??

its in your post to infobaba. odd, that!

"how many iphones are sold worldwide (im quoting you), less than two million  i guess, and how many Moto Razr V3 r sold? Oops, 100 million, so u see the problem with Apple is why even bother to create revolutionary product if you can't sell it worlwide"

mumu the iphone is less than 7months old. when did the razr appear? what data are you looking at? do you crunch these numbers on an abacus?

never was there a most sought after, coveted, lusted for, and crazily unlocked phone in the history of phones as the iphone.

fact! price drop was a strategy by apple, numnuts, announced by steve jobs in september. was it the market that cut the price or was he listening to whines about how expensive it was and thus made it more affordable?
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2008
i waited for yer answer but seems scratching yer nuts took you far south all the way to wanksville.

ok. now i said earlier i like windows mobile (unlike iphone's os x, windows mobile has no direct kernel connection to windows proper, windows mobile/CE only sharing the windows name and that dreaded "start" thing) and im surprised you didnt even ask why considering how i go on about the iphone.

do you know why, tope? because like i do on desktop windows i poke and probe the innards and wait for the darn thing to crash and that amuses me how they end up mucking it all up, especially when windows mobile had a bit of the power to have been the iphone (i wont even touch symbian). instead of making it easier to use (its a phone, dang it!) they cram the screen with tiny facsimile features of full windows on 320 x 240 and goodluck hitting the right letter with the stylus.

i installed adobe reader 2.0 on my ipaq but i had to pan and scroll endlessly to read just a page of my untagged pdfs.

i tried excel on office mobile, spent 3 hours fidling with the darn thing just to get the right zoom. screwed up the formulas. next was a word doc. hey, where did all my tables and formating go? is this supposed to make me productive? hang on, i have a laptop and a desktop so why do i even bother.

see? windows mobile isnt windows xp (and symbian isnt windows mobile). meanwhile as far as frameworks are concerned iphone's os x may not be MAC os x ( because it was customized) but it does share the structure from cocoa all the way to mach/bsd (yup, of freebsd fame). hope im not getting too techy for your prehistoric brain?

as someone somewher said, "palm is past its prime, windows mobile is the new DOS struggling to clone yesterday's standard, symbian is the new unix".

in case you never heard, motorola has pulled out from the symbian consortium and now is into linux embedded. but that was after moto chucked win CE too! hah!

symbian's days are numbered. so hug your n95 tight to your weedy chest, bro. someday we'll look at it and recall its glory in the same space as the dinosaurs.

peole like you spend hours downloading silly java apps and worthless symbian progs and cram yoour precious symbian with such rubbish. and yet put them to no worthwhile use. most of the apps are senseless crap conjured by yahoos after a pint or two. call cheater, FS Caller, SMS Timer, Auto Pilot, SmS love, memory card password finder, pico blogger, Turn Off, symbian Nunace Talks, screen cam etc. who uses this nonsense?

abegi!! even Cover Flow in iphone is enough to get me hooked forever.

sysmbian apps are completel;y worthless. java apps are even much worse. you gleefullly fill up 2gigs of SD/MMC with crap that you cannot define any productive use for and you shout the iphone is "closed". and yet your precious razr is an open "smartphone", abi?

i guess your definition of "smart" stems from your own "smart"ness.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Wysiwyg: 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2008
@neoteny and tope,

I think you guys should just calm down for each other. It's much ado over nothing.

@neoteny,

never meant to post but I just wanna correct something, you shouldn't repeat the fact about the mac os x being a 10gig and being stored on a dvd. Remember that dvd discs stores data ranging from 4gigs to 9gigs. Tope was right about the mac os x being a 10gig OS and no way I repeat, there's no way apple could have squeezed it into the iphone. There are times you dont have to believe what a manufacturer wants you to believe. Shikenah.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2008
@wysiwig

yah most of my rants are in jest. im not that immature.

i didnt mention mac osx as 10 gigs, he did. i only wondered how it was fitted on even a dual layer 9gig. because i know its not 10gigs.

and i said iphone runs on os x, which was customized, not MAC osx . by customized i meant they removed Finder, spotlight, dock, and tons of stuff because the iphone doesnt need them, and they made it take multitiouch into account. thats how it was slimmed down. but its the same kernel stucture as full max os x. period.

this is where he gets his rants at. http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech.Q1.07/69DDEC68-9E93-4A21-9C5F-F15F0D67F740.html
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by 2dye4(m): 10:26am On Jan 10, 2008
thanks 4 ur opinions and submissions on both phones, theres really no one ideal & perfect phone anyways, but i decided on the n95 8gig. i got it yesterday and am already loving it. besides i already have a 160 gig ipod. i think its a case of the best of both worlds. cheers.
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by DualSim: 10:32am On Jan 10, 2008
Have fun with your toys.
Cheers!
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by topeteadr(m): 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2008
Then i guess i win!. . . . .
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by MrInfo1(m): 6:46am On Jan 11, 2008
I wonder why you guys wish to chop off each other's head just because Nokia N95 8gig is a better buy to the Apple 3310 tongue

[size=18pt]End of discussion[/size] angry
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 10:36am On Jan 11, 2008
<sigh. another one who doesnt hesitate to give nokia his money>

tope, you win. cry
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by 2dye4(m): 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2008
@neoteny: common, don't look at it in that light, its really not about nokia or apple because i really regard both as masters of their game. all the phones i ever used were nokia and i advanced with them as they churned out newer models and its being ok (i was using n93 b4 now), likewise i was using the 30 gig ipod before i decided to upgrade to 160 gig ( i have a very large music & video gallery) . neither as disappointed me so far . cheers

i didnt buy it becos of tope either so iguess we are all good!
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by Neoteny(m): 12:52pm On Jan 11, 2008
yup. wise choice. we are all good.

congrats dude. its a great phone i concede, but, multitouch<sigh>
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by saintkola(m): 2:19pm On Jan 12, 2008
@ 2dye4, hw much did u buy that 160gig ipod?
Re: Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig by topeteadr(m): 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2008
[b]End of discussion[/b]

Neoteny that's a great good argument we had back there. cuz we both shared thought's and i think it's great. . . cuz i got to know things i didn't know the Iphone had b4. . . .so i guess were cool.

And Neoteny i dont have an Iphone what i've been using since they gave birth to me was Nokia. , .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Is Still Offering Promo Despite Promo Ban / Techno Phantom Z- Full Specifications, Features And Price / Unable To Create Cwm Recovery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.