Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award (3064 Views)

Wack Musicians React To Davido's MTV Award / List Of Nominees For Canaan City Gospel Award 2014 / Davido Nominated For Mtv Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by bolajibaok(m): 7:33am On Jan 05, 2008
Canaan Land: D'banj shows up to give testimony for MTV Award. any comments?

Dbanj surprised worshippers on Sunday 25th of November 2007 as he mounted the pulpit to testify to the goodness of the Lord and how He has blessed his music with his Latest MTV EMA Best African Act Award at Munich, Germany.

The congregation greeted him with a loud/standing ovation to the dismay of church pastor. One member said "Even the Bishop doesn't get this kind of applause". People screamed "grin'BAAAAAAANNNNNJJJJJJJ" while they waved their hands to him. In his captivating voice, the type that makes 98% of his fans women, he delivered a short testimony.

D'banj was a member of the church choir before he fell out with the church and led to his father being sacked as a church pastor. His brother was also suspended from the Church University, Covenant University sometime ago. It remains to be seen if D'banj will return to being a regular worshipper or that he just came to stir controversy up.

Visit his website: http://www.mohitsrecords.com/index2.php the koko the koko, the koko the koko
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by princekay1(m): 7:44am On Jan 05, 2008
cool! Its a direct marketing for the church.
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by sophienwa(f): 3:26am On Jan 06, 2008
are u joking? which one be marketting for church again.shey na business?
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by tosinadeda: 4:48am On Jan 06, 2008
Prince,if u know d church in questn,u wil withdraw ur comment.
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by DisGuy: 4:08am On Jan 07, 2008
tosinadeda:

Prince,if u know d church in questn,u wil withdraw your comment.

why they have a Hitman? shocked
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by 9ja4eva: 6:57am On Jan 07, 2008
I see the connection.I watched the church service on that day ma sef
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by kosovo(m): 9:51am On Jan 07, 2008
intresting, what a great business intiative
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2008
no long tin'
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by jerrymania(m): 8:35pm On Jan 09, 2008
Utter Rubbish. He gives testimony to those trash and nonsense he says. God makes sense but he doesnt make sense so wheres the connection? Maybe the Church and Dbanj are both foolish.
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by jerrymania(m): 8:38pm On Jan 09, 2008
and bolaji can u move this topic to the Religion thread (i can show u how if u dont know).for Pilgrim and co. and Olabowale and co .coz thats where it fits.
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by coolboyapg: 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2008
jerrymania stop hating abeg hiss off,your bad belle too much
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by jerrymania(m): 10:33pm On Jan 09, 2008
coolboyapg:

jerrymania stop hating abeg hiss off,your bad belle too much

*hiss* tongue he com dey give thanks unto say he date many u.k sugar mummies and them nor catch am (from Mobolowon). mumu like u nor fit reason com dey say na bad belle.
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2008
stop hatin' men. There's nuffin wrong about givin' TESTIMONIES about wat the Lord has done for U
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by jerrymania(m): 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2008
@ emmeno
emmeno:

stop hatin' men. There's nuffin wrong about givin' TESTIMONIES about what the Lord has done for You

what is wrong is that a boy who's gona sing obscene rubbish later is on an altar in a church giving testimonies.to who now?
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by tjax(m): 7:14pm On Jan 11, 2008
any way, dbanj have been to the church to give thanks and thesame time testimony.let praise for doing that, lol
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by tjax(m): 7:16pm On Jan 11, 2008
any way, dbanj have been to the church to give thanks and at the same time testimony.let praise him for doing that, lol
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by playmate(f): 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2008
is dis a joke dbanj gave a testimony in d church nd d worshippers screamed dbanj dats horrific.in d house of God shocked shocked shocked . . . . . . i wonder if he mentioned kokolets or no long tin.lol. . . .
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by dejiman(m): 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2008
Playmate you have to understand the fact that He also believes in God.If was not popular no one would have screemed D'BANJ
But all thanks to GOD because He is moving to the peak of his music career.
More so i heard he was a choir shocked (NOT SURE)
So why would he keep the glory of God? or you think say he easy to win AWARD?

AS YOU SAID WHO CARES

SCREEM OR NO SCREEM HE AS GAVE HIS TESTIMONY. grin grin grin grin grin grin

REMEMER

"IF YOU WAN WORSHIP MAMI WATER NA YOU SABI, AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE WE WILL SERVE THE LORD"

REMEMBER? wink wink
grin grin grin
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by jerrymania(m): 11:00pm On Jan 11, 2008
dejiman:

More so i heard he was a choir shocked (NOT SURE)

shocked i don die- so na him be the full church choir
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by playmate(f): 11:10pm On Jan 11, 2008
dejiman i undastand u bt wat i mean is dat screamin his name in d church was horrific nt his givin a testimony.
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by eldee(m): 11:16pm On Jan 11, 2008
kosovo:

intresting, what a great business intiative

nah, if there was any business initiative there, it will be dbanj using it. . .the winners' chapel i knew is not a small church. i don't think even KICC(UK's largest) is bigger than it.

And about allowing him to give the testimony, the award he got is the highest rated award any african is any nigeria-based artiste can dream of(bar grammy's which is almost impossible) he won it and went to give glory to God for everything even giving him the ability to compose dem songs. So, what's strange bout that, even the politicians that embezzle go to churches and give testimonies. And don't say it'sthe pentecostal churches alone, they give more to them catholics and aglicans.

@playmate
who's fault, did he pay his fans to scream?
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by playmate(f): 11:39pm On Jan 11, 2008
geez,did i blame him pls read my posts well b4 u go off course.u shuld no i was referrin 2 dos dat screamed his name,his fans.nt dat i blame dem since am also a fan bt in d House of God dats way out of proportion.
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by eldee(m): 11:56pm On Jan 11, 2008
sorry, was in such a hrry to post that i missed ur point, nevertheless if i was there that day i might hav been a lil tempted to do the same
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by Nobody: 4:27am On Jan 12, 2008
grin grin grin so u mean , D-banj Gat KOKOlets in canaan land , embarassed embarassed embarassed JESUS SAVE UR CHURCH, I wonder whats happening to churchs Nowadays, @ poster i guess he address the pastor as kokomaster and pastor wife as kokolet, and he told the church nO LONG THING, AND when they wanna collect the mic from him ,he says FILEee.don't touch it , Hold It grin grin cheesy
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by kosovo(m): 4:39am On Jan 12, 2008
joblessness.
it's completely nobody's fucking business.
if it pains u guys so much go tell God for heaven, or tell umar musa.
dbanj, bravo, u ve done well other artiste wouldn't that.
no long tin.
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 12, 2008
angry angry won't blame you, Monkey no artist can ever try to do it except ppl like ,i mean A kokomaster giving thanks to God,on how many Kokomaster and Kokolets he has made with his song,he should have gone to the shrine cuz kokolet 1 &2 was not an Holyghost inspiration, so get off it
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by kosovo(m): 6:23am On Jan 12, 2008
jayon
it u not get wetin u wan talk with your mouth u fit still use am chup shit.
see him mouth, no be pastors dey carry choir mistress,
every body serve God in his or her own fuckin way, na u serve God pass. mr saint.
carry your your shit mouth go that side.
no long tin
wait!!! na u be monkey ooo.
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 12, 2008
Now, if D'banj go to a Native doctor or sumthin' devilish, i know its this same people hatin him for goin' to church that would say, he's not givin' glory to God but the Devil. Now he's givin' testimonies to God for all God has done for him and y'all are hatin'. Why not allow God to be the Judge?? Una dey harsh O!
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by dejiman(m): 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2008
Playmate you see.He can't help it.
Understand one thing that every body has there choice to make.
It is not possible you cover someones mouth in church shocked
Not possible.

so somebody shout HALLELUYAH cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH cheesy

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by playmate(f): 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2008
yeah i agree dat no one cn cover anoda person's mouth bt i cn assure u dat it was a grave error 4 dem 2 av done dat.it was more like switchin praises 4rm God 2 man,am sure d pastor was more dan horrified nw talk bout hw God will feel.
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by ThugLife1(m): 11:01pm On Jan 12, 2008
So?
Re: Canaan Land: D'banj Shows Up To Give Testimony For Mtv Award by dejiman(m): 11:28pm On Jan 12, 2008
you own hard ooooooooo shocked shocked Mr Thug life is that one a contribution or what ?Have you fogotten that this is a Forum you have to say something.
No wonder you sit at the Back of the class to make noise. grin Truely you are thug life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Of You Guys knows This 9ja music group "Trybesmen" back in d days / Download Instrumental: Phyno Ft Olamide – Augment / INSTRUMENTAL: Wizkid – Lagos Vibes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.