Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,573 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Marital Problems - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marital Problems (1344 Views)

Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / Are You Having Social/marital Problems? Need Advice? / 70% Of Marital Problems Are About Sexual Satisfaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marital Problems by hidayah: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
I'm tired of my marriage, I have this serious urge to separate from him because he is driving me crazy. Yet everyone around me, instead of making him realise his mistakes seem to concentrate more on me remaining patient and tolerating his wrongdoings.

I feel very helpless here. I need some good advice.
Re: Marital Problems by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2012
hidayah: I'm tired of my marriage, I have this serious urge to separate from him because he is driving me crazy. Yet everyone around me, instead of making him realise his mistakes seem to concentrate more on me remaining patient and tolerating his wrongdoings.

What EXACTLY does he do that drives you crazy undecided
Re: Marital Problems by rotman91(m): 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2012
While thinking of separating from him you should be cautious of not only what effect it will have on you but also ur children if any. I think u should rather listen to d advice of pple around u and try to settle scores amicably btw urselves. At any point every marriage go thru its trying times it now depends on how you can use your discretion to contain it this is necessary to avoid regrets later
Re: Marital Problems by EfemenaXY: 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
hidayah: I'm tired of my marriage, I have this serious urge to separate from him because he is driving me crazy. Yet everyone around me, instead of making him realise his mistakes seem to concentrate more on me remaining patient and tolerating his wrongdoings.

How old are you both and how long have you been married to each other?

Do you have any kids from the union?

Where are you based?

What exactly does he do that drives you crazy?

Who are the "everyone" asking you to continue with the union?
Re: Marital Problems by EfemenaXY: 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2012
rotman91: While thinking of separating from him you should be cautious of not only what effect it will have on you but also ur children if any. I think u should rather listen to d advice of pple around u and try to settle scores amicably btw urselves. At any point every marriage go thru its trying times it now depends on how you can use your discretion to contain it this is necessary to avoid regrets later

Depends on what's happening in there.

How do you know he doesn't beat her black 'n blue?

How do you know he isn't a chronic alcoholic or drug user?

Or maybe a jobless so-and-so unwilling to take financial responsibilities of his family?

Or maybe a serial cheater?

Or maybe....??

No one can advise her on what to do unless she provides a bit more information on her predicament.
Re: Marital Problems by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2012
@Poster, have you considered taking a vacation? Maybe a 3-6 month vacation might be what you need(going by what you have posted on your marriage, I assume exhaustion). grin grin grin grin

A trip to, maybe Haiti to help the poor there, or with some organization to install solar panels in parts of Africa. . . or somalia to help with vaccinations and feeding the poor. grin
Re: Marital Problems by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
Kobojunkie: @Poster, have you considered taking a vacation? Maybe a 3-6 month vacation might be what you need(going by what you have posted on your marriage, I assume exhaustion). grin grin grin grin

A trip to, maybe Haiti to help the poor there, or with some organization to install solar panels in parts of Africa. . . or somalia to help with vaccinations and feeding the poor. grin
u are so very impractical. Where are u from sef? Dis forum is for nigerians and nigerians @ heart not wannabe oyibos. undecided
Re: Marital Problems by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
figures: u are so very impractical. Where are u from sef? Dis forum is for nigerians and nigerians @ heart not wannabe oyibos. undecided
Taking a vacation is impractical OR you just cannot fathom you having some more freedom than you give yourself?

I am a Nigerian and I take vacations from life when I have to. If I as a Nigerian can do it, what do you think hinders your life from the same choices? Let me guess, you are more "cultural" than I am and so you CANNOT allow yourself enjoy your life one bit? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Marital Problems by agiboma(f): 7:56pm On Sep 03, 2012
@ Op your post is very vauge not much info. provided perhapes if you elaborate then we can assist further. Or better yet talk to hubby, when you are both in a good mood talk to him one on one, heart to heart.
Re: Marital Problems by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
Kobojunkie: Taking a vacation is impractical OR you just cannot fathom you having some more freedom than you give yourself?

I am a Nigerian and I take vacations from life when I have to. If I as a Nigerian can do it, what do you think hinders your life from the same choices? Let me guess, you are more "cultural" than I am and so you CANNOT allow yourself enjoy your life one bit? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
na u sabii, hw much does d average nigerian earn? A comment was made to make see things 4rm d average nigerian's persective and all you can do is to glorify yourself. Because u stay abroad doesn't make u better dan any1 else. You seem to be very self centred.smh
Re: Marital Problems by Kobojunkie: 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
figures: na u sabii, hw much does d average nigerian earn? A comment was made to make see things 4rm d average nigerian's persective and all you can do is to glorify yourself. Because u stay abroad doesn't make u better dan any1 else. You seem to be very self centred.smh

You know people like you, I consider dolts . . . right??

Nigerians travel every single month to many other parts of Africa, even Europe -- Liberia , Kenya, Zambia, London, Italy etc. However, just so you can post in opposition, you are saying that paying for a vacation is unrealistic for a woman who probably needs an escape of some kind, to save her marriage?

I think you should ask yourself the very question you have asked me on other threads. . . and that is . . is it by force to comment . . . better yet, is it by force to try all you can to deride those you obviously have a thing for/against, even when you have nothing sensible to add or rebutt with?
Re: Marital Problems by SisiKill1: 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
Na wa oh! Love Wantintin!!! cheesy

figures: na u sabii, hw much does d average nigerian earn? A comment was made to make see things 4rm d average nigerian's persective and all you can do is to glorify yourself. Because u stay abroad doesn't make u better dan any1 else. You seem to be very self centred.smh

Dude, Look, I'm all for declaration of love in grand style but don't you think it's a little inappropriate to do so on someone else's MARITAL PROBLEM thread? Why do you wanna rub her face in your looove? It's not fair oh! cry cry

May I suggest you open a MY OBSESSION WITH KOBOJUNKIE - TRUE LOVE AT ITS FINEST thread! There you can regal us with stories of how you go through all her posts. . .past and presents, how her commenting to others makes you angry (Ohhhh, Jealousy! Jealousy ) and how you want her to stop commenting on a public forum (I'm not sure why you think you can tell her what to do but then again. . .what do I know about love, eh? My Romantic mind is telling it is because you want her to save all her words for you alone but I don't want to be too forward, So I am really interested in the WHY on that one)

Can't wait!!!!!!
Re: Marital Problems by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
Re: Marital Problems by Johndoe100(m): 9:36pm On Sep 03, 2012

As everyone is telling you, go and be a good wife. Stop reading posts and advise from the lesbian femi nazi's here and thinking they are real. G back to your husband. if you need a break, go see your family for a while come back and love your husband.
Re: Marital Problems by coogar: 9:46pm On Sep 03, 2012

tired of your marriage, oh give me a break!!! were you married to him at a knife-point or a bomb-point? it's so sad these days that every baby is married and when they cannot handle what adults do - they run to nairaland to talk nonsense. go home and be a good wife to your husband - marriage has never been a stroll in the park - you have to work at it everyday to make yourself relevant as your husband's spouse and if it's too much to bear, get the fuck away from the marriage and marry your cat!
Re: Marital Problems by MrsChima1(f): 10:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
It would have been nice if the OP had answered some of the questions. Oh well.

(1) (Reply)

Need Urgent Advice On Divorce Plsss / I Hope And Pray That This Is Not Breast Cancer!! / Would You Allow Your Child Join The Military Rather Than Go To University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.