Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone (1159 Views)

/ Money Making Ideas- Best Ways To Survive Online / Can A Blogger Survive Without A Laptor/pc ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by AbiodunFaf(m): 9:14pm On Sep 03, 2012
Web design and development has been around for some time and there was A̷̷̴̐͠ time I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria that web design was the bomb but the market Ȋ̝̊̅§ so saturated with quack web designers flounting around that they know something mean while basterdising the market with substandard designs and charging so low an amount and at the tale end the whole objective for designing the website Ȋ̝̊̅§ jeopardized.

- just wonder if someone can just wake up I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this present age that he or she wants to be A̷̷̴̐͠ web designer without doing any other thing. Will he survive the race
Re: Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by Sprumbaba: 8:06am On Sep 05, 2012
Re: Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by Legendwap: 9:03am On Sep 05, 2012
Bro i support your point i even own a hosting company yet business still low
Re: Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by chiefkpokp(m): 1:32pm On Sep 05, 2012
if una business they know, that means you guys need deliverance, i advice that you people should bind every monitoring spirit that is covering your business, as for me, i am a webdesigner, graphic, video and audio editing, bulksms service, webhosting and cartoon development, and things is moving well in my side, but the truth of the matter is that, if not for my bulk sms, i tell you the truth, my office for don collapse.
Re: Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by WebsiteGuy: 11:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
Re: Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 13, 2013
I think the problem is your level of operation. If you are just a webdesigner, hmn, you may suffer small. Because these days, people are looking for web-application developers.
Re: Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by Djtm(m): 1:18am On Oct 13, 2013
*dhtml:
I think the problem is your level of operation. If you are just a webdesigner, hmn, you may suffer small. Because these days, people are looking for web-application developers.
*@dhtml can you survive as As a web app developer only?
Re: Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 13, 2013
^^^Yes i can, but you know i am web app developer + software programmer + ahem,lets leave that one out (offtopic). So i may not be a good example at all.
Re: Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by Djtm(m): 1:43am On Oct 13, 2013
*dhtml:
^^^Yes i can, but you know i am web app developer + software programmer + ahem,lets leave that one out (offtopic). So i may not be a good example at all.
I wasn't referring to you. I was just re-framing the question according to your earlier reply. Okay, can one survive as a web app developer only in Nigeria? When I say survive I don't mean "just exist". I mean live comfortably. Others can answer my question too.
Re: Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by Nobody: 2:01am On Oct 13, 2013
For me, i can and have been surviving. However, you must have skills in getting jobs, and you must also develop yourself well. Nigerian clients don dey open eyes now, so if you cannot do the work properly, you must strive to increase your skills.

Lets hear other comments. . .
Re: Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by talk2hb1(m): 2:20am On Oct 13, 2013
Djtm:
I wasn't referring to you. I was just re-framing the question according to your earlier reply. Okay, can one survive as a web app developer only in Nigeria? When I say survive I don't mean "just exist". I mean live comfortably. Others can answer my question too.
Yes you can, I'm not making much but making enough to pay my bills For now looking to increase my income after grad.
I operate as a web developer street-lancing on the street of Lagos, though it was not easy getting started, but just try get a customer, convince them that you can deliver on time, budget, and of course with result. you start getting Customers.
Re: Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by talk2hb1(m): 2:29am On Oct 13, 2013
AbiodunFaf: Web design and development has been around for some time and there was A̷̷̴̐͠ time I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria that web design was the bomb but the market Ȋ̝̊̅§ so saturated with quack web designers flounting around that they know something mean while basterdising the market with substandard designs and charging so low an amount and at the tale end the whole objective for designing the website Ȋ̝̊̅§ jeopardized.

- just wonder if someone can just wake up I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this present age that he or she wants to be A̷̷̴̐͠ web designer without doing any other thing. Will he survive the race
@Op if you are reading this, Don't blame the game or the players change the rule. When my daughter class teacher can install WordPress, Templates, and few plugins she is also a web designer.
Re: Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by dheaven: 2:53am On Oct 13, 2013
Ya, you can but you need to organize tutorial class as well and also build your own money making machine website as well.
Re: Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by Nobody: 4:14am On Oct 13, 2013
AbiodunFaf: Web design and development has been around for some time and there was A̷̷̴̐͠ time I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria that web design was the bomb but the market Ȋ̝̊̅§ so saturated with quack web designers flounting around that they know something mean while basterdising the market with substandard designs and charging so low an amount and at the tale end the whole objective for designing the website Ȋ̝̊̅§ jeopardized.

So, there is competion with quacks, but there are still ways of showing them which direction to take, this is by letting your work speak for you. I get 100% of my jobs based on recommendations, and i get quite a good number of jobs to get me very busy indeed. So for now, i am doing just fine and dont need adverts. Just saying my own point of view.
Re: Can You Survive In Nigeria Doing Web Design Alone by Etecscompanies(m): 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2013
dheaven: Ya, you can but you need to organize tutorial class as well and also build your own money making machine website as well.
Pls what are the money making website one can build

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Make A Logo Without Any Background Colour Using Mobile Phone? / Promo Nigeria Publishers Review And Payout For October / Enough Of This BULLSHIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.