Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Nigerian Designers Are Good, But Can We Actually Wear Their Clothes? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Designers Are Good, But Can We Actually Wear Their Clothes? (9049 Views)

Do We Actually Sell Original Louboutin In Nigeria? / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work / Why Do Some People Lie About Where They Buy Their Clothes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Designers Are Good, But Can We Actually Wear Their Clothes? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2008
bluehorizo:

Sugarbelly do you have a contact in Lagos?

Unfortunately I don't. I haven't tried/started business in Lagos because I'm in school in America and shipping to Nigeria is hard because of our government's importation ban. The only reason I'm trying for Abuja is because that is where I live, and since Nigerians are the inspiration for the clothes that I design, I strongly feel that the Nigerians in Nigeria should get a chance to wear my t-shirts. I just need to figure out a lasting solution to getting t-shirts to Nigeria, and everything will be gravy.

See the address above for the boutique in Abuja that carries my t-shirts.
Re: Nigerian Designers Are Good, But Can We Actually Wear Their Clothes? by bluehorizo(m): 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2008
I live in Lagos. Do you deliver to Lagos from Abuja? Hope there will not be any additional cost if you do.
Re: Nigerian Designers Are Good, But Can We Actually Wear Their Clothes? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 12, 2008
bluehorizo:

I live in Lagos. Do you deliver to Lagos from Abuja? Hope there will not be any additional cost if you do.

There's always a cost to ship anything anywhere. I need you to understand something however. My clothing line is US based not Abuja based. I am still trying to figure out an effective way to ship to locations in Nigeria, so while I ship regularly, speedily and efficiently in America, Europe and Asia, shipping to Lagos is an entirely different matter because of the ban. My company is very new, and I'm still trying to work things out as I go. One of those major problems is shipping. However, I promise you that once we get this kink straightened out, you and other NairaLanders will be the first to know.
Re: Nigerian Designers Are Good, But Can We Actually Wear Their Clothes? by bluesky4(f): 11:49pm On Apr 12, 2008
@sugarbelly

cool shirts cool
Re: Nigerian Designers Are Good, But Can We Actually Wear Their Clothes? by anonimi: 10:25am On Apr 13, 2008
PurestBoy:

Has anyone heard of Oluwafemi, O'Shady & Tony Tigana in Lagos? They are the best Nigerian Designer

Who dem be?
Contacts, web sites?
Re: Nigerian Designers Are Good, But Can We Actually Wear Their Clothes? by PAPABOMBOY: 12:42pm On Apr 13, 2008
Chei,you don give me apatenshun oh!

How much for the bress,I mean dress?
Re: Nigerian Designers Are Good, But Can We Actually Wear Their Clothes? by kuwena(m): 1:06pm On Apr 13, 2008
PapaBomboy, LOL. But seriously, are the clothes original Nigerian, or just the imprints on them? 
Re: Nigerian Designers Are Good, But Can We Actually Wear Their Clothes? by SignorZax: 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2008
PAPABOMBOY:

Chei,you don give me apatenshun oh!

How much for the bress,I mean dress?
smiley

blue-sky:

@sugarbelly

cool shirts cool
and even cooler bress.
Re: Nigerian Designers Are Good, But Can We Actually Wear Their Clothes? by iice(f): 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2008
Sugabelly. . .i'll email you soon. And have someone erhhh go to the Abj store.
Thanks wink

(1) (2)

The Best Fashion School In Abuja / Bonanza Place Order For Top Uk Designers For Pant Trousers. / What's Your Favourite Skin Beauty Product ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.