Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,469 members, 7,819,715 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Democratic National Convention..what A Day!!!!... - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Democratic National Convention..what A Day!!!!... (631 Views)

Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention / ECOWAS Suspends Mali & Demands Restoration Of Democratic Rule / Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Democratic National Convention..what A Day!!!!... by Roland17(m): 7:18am On Sep 05, 2012
I am dumbfounded right now, i just finished watching two great speeches from the Democratic National Convention holding in Charlotte North Carolina.

One was from the first lady Mitchel Obama, which was articulate, intelligent and addressed the selling point for democrats in the coming election which is the middle class, it sounded very personal with a lot of emotion, i could feel the connection between her family and the middle class with that speech, she explored the world of the have's and have not's, stories about growing up, the struggle to go through college and having to pay back the financial aid they both got, how they (she and her husband) were young, in love and broke (that line really got me cracking), carefully talked about the achievements of her husband in office, with respect to women, which includes equal pay for women who perform same job as their male counterparts and the health care reform popularly know as "Obama care" she hammered without restraint the influence of women in the growth and development of america, how women should be able to make decisions that affect their health and so many more, i was watching her speak and i was asking myself, even with the so called Ph.D and office of the permanent secretary can our first lady deliver such speech?
and she made a comment that brought cold shivers to my entire body, i reminisced my dear country Nigeria and my heart bled with tears, "BEING A PRESIDENT DOES NOT CHANGE WHO YOU ARE, IT REVEALS WHO YOU ARE"

The second speaker is a young fellow i have been following for some time now, Mayor Julian Castro, twin to Joaquin Castro, the guy demolished Mitt Romney, he did not mince words, especially with his sarcastic joke about Romney, his speech only reminded me of a younger Obama, his story about his Mexican background brought to bare the stance of the DNC when it comes to immigration, unlike the GOP who carefully did not make any mention of immigration, foreign policy or even veterans.

If u have not seen any of the speeches, u are definitely missing
Re: Democratic National Convention..what A Day!!!!... by armyofone(m): 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
Looking forward to Michelle going further in politics.
I love that dress she had on kiss.
I'm searching online for it grin

so far so good on day 1.
where is Hillary? why is she not speaking?
Re: Democratic National Convention..what A Day!!!!... by Roland17(m): 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
^^her dress was designed by Tracy Reese, a woman she met at a campaign fundraiser in 2008, she looked breath taking in that dress, i also concur with everyone including you, that she would do well if she delves into politics.

as for Hilary, the choice of her husband as speaker meant she would not get the opportunity, who knows, she might get to talk today
Re: Democratic National Convention..what A Day!!!!... by tyson55(m): 5:44am On Sep 06, 2012
I just watched Clinton speech at DNC, and all i can say is; Clinton is so on fire with charisma. The numbers he present are facts. I don't fault Romney as lying nearly as much as Ryan, though. Paul Ryan is a certifiable heel clicker.
Re: Democratic National Convention..what A Day!!!!... by Roland17(m): 6:49am On Sep 06, 2012
After the 2008 democratic primaries which pitched Obama against Hilary Clinton and subsequent victory of Obama in the party primaries, the Media was saturated with stories of strained relationship between Bill Clinton and Obama, but tonight Bill made sure the center of attraction was not all about him with his first comments, saying " we are here to elect a president and i already have a choice" he showed by the numbers how much the american economy has grown, he made clear performance comparisons between the democrats and the GOP when it comes to job creation since the inception of democracy in the United states, while the GOP has created only 24 million jobs, the democrats have created 44 million jobs.

I admire the way he held the GOP accountable for being selfish and not putting the american people first, the GOP is obsessed about making Obama's tenure terrible irrespective of how it affects the middle class and the elderly, they are not ready to cooperate with the government, they would throw out any bill coming form the president, there are no bi-partisan bills in the house seeking to ameliorate the struggle of the middle class, cos the GOP want Obama and democrats to look bad.

according to bill during the speech, they (GOP) handed America to Obama in a terrible situation, he's moved the economy forward, but maybe not where many expect it to be, but now the GOP wants it back so they can make it worse.

Bill is a mature politician, with huge influence and follower ship in the US and around the world, his support for barrack is solid and unrelenting and tonight he proved it.

1 Like

Re: Democratic National Convention..what A Day!!!!... by KayDee4: 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
armyofone: Looking forward to Michelle going further in politics.
I love that dress she had on kiss.
I'm searching online for it grin

so far so good on day 1.
where is Hillary? why is she not speaking?
[size=13pt] as secretary of state, she's not supposed to participate in Political rallies or conventions, infact , she's currently in far away Sumatra. [/size]
Re: Democratic National Convention..what A Day!!!!... by Roland17(m): 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2012
^^^^ true

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of A Racist "Put The White Back Into The White House " / Obama's Speech / Trayvon Martin's Killer Walks Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.