Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid (21147 Views)

Messi Wants To Play For Chelsea: Picture! / Did Arsenal Play Better Than Manchester United Against Barcelona? / Patrice Evra Warns Manchester United Against Wounded Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by mukina2: 10:43am On Sep 05, 2012
Usain Bolt set for Manchester United debut against Real Madrid
The 100m Olympic champion might have the opportunity to play for the Red Devils in a friendly against the Real Madrid legends next year according to Sir Alex Ferguson
5 Sep 2012 08:23:00
By Matt Davis

Bolt urged fans to help persuade Sir Alex to sign him up for the Red Devils team when he was guest of honour during a 3-2 victory against Fulham in the Premier League earlier in the season.

The world-record holder could get a surprise phone call from the Manchester United boss after Ferguson hinted that the sprinter's dream of playing for the club could come true.

Ferguson told Inside United magazine: "Usain’s a character and a big United fan.

"But it's interesting he says he'd like to play in a charity game. It could be brilliant, and next year when we play Real Madrid's Legends again, there could be opportunities to bring him up and see how he does."

Previously Bolt, 25, has trained with the Manchester United squad and even said that he would be willing to leave athletics for a spot in the Red Devils' team.

The game is set to be played on 3 June 2013 at Old Trafford following last year's success which saw the proceeds support Real Madrid's Foundation work currently taking place in Africa.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/05/3354836/usain-bolt-set-for-manchester-united-debut?source=breakingnews
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by Ariyke: 10:48am On Sep 05, 2012
he sabi play ball ni?
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by Afam4eva(m): 10:49am On Sep 05, 2012
Let's wait and see how Bolt will do on the field of play. I hope in an attempt to run with the ball he does not leave the ball behind. ball control is very vital in football.

3 Likes

Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by ojekomajeeba: 10:49am On Sep 05, 2012
Athletics and football are two different sports. to run with a ball is harder than just running on a lane
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by akereconfi: 10:50am On Sep 05, 2012
Him tink say naa track him dey run on top.......I pray him JAM stoke city for Britania Stadium

3 Likes

Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by Syenite(m): 10:52am On Sep 05, 2012
Can't wait to watch shocked shocked shocked
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by Itoroetti(m): 10:52am On Sep 05, 2012
I believe he wil be playing via d wing i.e left or right wing.but let me ask,can he dribble?if yes,what is his xperience like prior to dis?..wel,i wil be eating my kuli kuli while watchng.
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by Super1759: 10:53am On Sep 05, 2012
I dnt understand. Football and race na desame?
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by megxo(m): 10:56am On Sep 05, 2012
some charity match against Real Madrid next year..... mtcheew.......
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by Afam4eva(m): 10:56am On Sep 05, 2012
Do you guys know that Yohan Blake was a cricketer before he was persuaded to start running...
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by megxo(m): 10:57am On Sep 05, 2012
Syenite: Can't wait to watch shocked shocked shocked
if him 4ck up ehn.........i go mock am die grin
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by tobechi74: 10:58am On Sep 05, 2012
Which position im go play? Goal keeping?
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by akinmusi(m): 10:58am On Sep 05, 2012
He just needs encouragement. Let's see what he can offer. Well, I think his inclusion is just to help actualise his dream of being in the Red Devils' jersey. #United4life
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by akinmusi(m): 10:59am On Sep 05, 2012
tobechi74: Which position im go play? Goal keeping?
7 He sabi run naw
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by Super1759: 11:00am On Sep 05, 2012
Hi

2 Likes

Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by Areaboy2(m): 11:03am On Sep 05, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by Ajengogo(m): 11:04am On Sep 05, 2012
Bolt will out-run the ball joor. In other word, he will enter the net b4 the ball cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2012
[size=14pt]This dude is making a good career out of him 'many' talents.[/size] grin
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by naptu2: 11:08am On Sep 05, 2012
Reminds me of Chioma Ajunwa who played for the falcons at the world cup Sweden '91, ran 100 metres for Nigeria at the Olympics in '92 and won gold medal in the long jump at the olympics Atlanta '96.

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by Fesisko(m): 11:11am On Sep 05, 2012
Brand_new: [size=14pt]This dude is making a good career out of him 'many' talents.[/size] grin
jack of all trade,master of...he better nor Bleep up sha!
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by Claus(m): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2012
afam4eva: Do you guys know that Yohan Blake was a cricketer before he was persuaded to start running...

Exactly!!! While I can't vouch for Usain Bolt's skills, most athletes are multi sport talents at a young age and generally have to choose their best sport, by their teenage years, to take seriously.

There are many cases in England of good footballers, who couldn't quite make it in football, turning to athletics.
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by miteolu(m): 11:19am On Sep 05, 2012
Usain Bolt needs football moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 05, 2012
If he plays football then lionel messi should be invited by Miami Heats to play basket ball undecided

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by solgee(m): 11:23am On Sep 05, 2012
Welcom bolt...that would be a match to watch
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by emmke(m): 11:23am On Sep 05, 2012
If Walcott can play at the highest level, what stops Bolt from doing the same? After all Walcott is all speed no (football) brains.

2 Likes

Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:24am On Sep 05, 2012
He jst wanna play 4 fun
Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by Olalekan0(m): 11:25am On Sep 05, 2012
miteolu: Usain Bolt needs football moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Point of correction,Bolt currently earns more money than messi does.

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt To Play For Manchester United Against Real Madrid by ujukala: 11:26am On Sep 05, 2012
Is he a footballer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Free Kick Taker In The World? / Chelsea Vs West Bromwich Albion (2 - 2) On 9th November 2013 / Chelsea Vs Everton (1 - 0) On 11th February 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.