Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Vogts Threatens To Quit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vogts Threatens To Quit (717 Views)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / FG Threatens To Stop Oliseh’s Unveiling On Wednesday / Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vogts Threatens To Quit by sunny4all(m): 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2008
Barely two weeks before the AfricanCup of Nations kick-off, Nigeria’s campaign for the championship may suffer a major setback if Super Eagles manager, Berti Vogts carry out his threat to resign his job.

The German-born tactician has admitted that his Super Eagles’ future is in doubt explaining that delays in salary payments were making him consider quitting 12 months into his four-year contract.

“I love Africa, but I don’tknow how long I can put up with these problems,” Vogts complained during an interview with German newspaper Augsburger Allegemeinen Zeitung.
He also revaled he had been close to “throwing in the towel” on several occasions during his time in charge.

The 61-year-old, who formerly coached Germany (1990-98) and Scotland (2002-04) nevertheless praised his team, stating it was a pleasure to work with players of quality.

“Something special has been built between them and it’s what motivates me to continue my work despite the difficulties. If football in Nigeria was organised as in Germany the team would be unbeatable.

Even Brazil would have to watch out for Nigeria,” he stated.
The Super Eagles won the African Cup in 1980 and 1994, and have been drawn in Group B with Cote d’Ivoire, Mali and Benin for the tournament which gets underway on January 20 in Ghana.

Here is the link
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2008/jan/06/sportsbreak-06-01-2008-001.htm

(1) (Reply)

C'mon You Need To Read This / El Nino And Allied Matters / Wwe Fans Here Is The Lastest News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.