Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,183 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: (7726 Views)

LG Home Theater, LG Air Conditioner 1HP.... / Lg Split Air Conditioner Hsnc1264sa Brand New / Air Conditioner Installation & Maintenace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: by babasin(m): 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2008
Any air-conditioner expert?

what is the rating of A/C that can cool a standard room very well?

how much does this cost? I am interested in 8units

can you paste your price + location here? It must be Lagos area.
Re: Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 07, 2008
I'm nt an airconditioner expert, but i've worked in building services. in any of these things you have to provide paramenters. what is the'cooling load '? the cooling load determines everything. it involves the following considerations-

floor area of room
total number of projected occupants(a source of heat)
does the room have windows?( if so, what kind of glass?) which determine solar heat gain
what equipment do you have(TVs, lights etc, all give off heat)

to be honest, a professional calaculation of air conditioner sizing is a nightmare. (if you aren't trained in it) there's a method called the manual j. it is very arcane and intricate. what most of us down here do is rule of thumb. i actually prepared an excel template, based on the info i got, that should help.

bottomline- in a domestic setting, use 1.5 hp split units for each room ( provided the room is 3m x 4m max;beyond that, get a second unit).remeber, I'm not a core HVAC guy.

as to procurement, you can g=buy the units at cash and carry/samsung/shoprite/LG .then get an installer who will installe them and provide ant ancillaries( solatek voltage cut outs, rubber hose for drainage, cabling, socket outlets and trunking- if these were not alraedy provided for in your house)

note: you must also confirm that your mains supply cable is sized for the maximum number of ACs you intend to install.otherwise, you may wake with an electrical fire in the middle of the night.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: by yinkarose: 8:30pm On Jan 07, 2008
babasin give the details of your spaces to be air conditioned and usage per space i will give you recommended size of units and cost per unit and installation cost and would advise you use a LG product i am a facilites manager and experienced mechanical engineer call me 08028767970 08055184399
Re: Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: by kaylala(m): 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2008
Cooling load calculation will tell you how to do this,check that out
Re: Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: by babasin(m): 11:20pm On Jan 08, 2008
thanks guys. I will measure the spaces and let you know.

@Yinka,
I will give you a call shortly.

last question: does it make sense to buy A/C when I visit once in a year and only for 2wks?
Re: Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: by faketan(m): 12:42am On Jan 09, 2008
yes and no
Re: Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: by babasin(m): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2008
faketan:

yes and no

kindly give brief reasons for yes and no. this would be helpful to learn from.
Re: Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: by faketan(m): 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2008
yes if you visit during the dry season (february-Dec) lol

No if you visit in January only. God help you.

generally you need to be comfortable. If pass[b] one[/b] night without sleep cos heat, then you will not ask this question.
Re: Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: by tro(f): 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2008
I know Jude Ebosie deal with that stuff. I guess he will be an expert. I have been shipping for him. His number is 8033946534 and he is in Lagos. if you call him, I bet he will give you all informations.

regards
Jeannette
Re: Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: by yinkarose: 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2008
yes when you are around use the ac when travelling remove plug from wall socket when you are back plug back and use there is oil in the compressor that lubricates it as for the out door fan if there is noise let it be greased ac is a flow process machine installed and handled right lasts years bearing PHCN flunctuations
Re: Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: by saleskara: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2013
hello a 1.5hp should be adequate. these products could be ordered online from http://www.kara.com.ng/airconditioner-and-cooling-systems/
babasin: Any air-conditioner expert?

what is the rating of A/C that can cool a standard room very well?

how much does this cost? I am interested in 8units

can you paste your price + location here? It must be Lagos area.
Re: Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: by ASHLAND(m): 1:53am On Oct 06, 2013
"Oyb" is very correct with his analysis; however, 1.5 hp (18,000 btu) is too big for 3 meter by 4 meter bedroom. I am a certified HVACR technician, but I am not based in Nigeria. My additional advice to the poster is to make sure he go to the store with a qualified technician that could identify the correct capacity of the air conditioner he is to buy. The reason for this is that most of the air conditioner dealers in Nigeria, regardless of their name, have rated the units above its cooling load capacity. They rated 0.75 horse power as 1.00 horse power; 1.00 horse power as 1.5 hp. e t c .... You asked me how I know when I am not in Nigeria? The answer is through their website.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions For Air-Conditioner Experts: by CHANCEMAN: 5:05am On Nov 12, 2017
A friend just installed a 3 hp floor air conditioner but it is not working well due to low voltage. What can be done to enable the ac to function.

(1) (Reply)

Get Ready For Property Price Crash In Lagos / Is There A Law In Lagos Regulating House Rent? / Christal Villa Gold Extension, 1 Million Per Plot Ibeju Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.