Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,725 members, 7,809,764 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split (1571 Views)

Don Jazzy Calls D Banj A Broke Dude In New Song / D'banj Vs Don Jazzy: Who Was The Foundation Of The 'then Mo'hit Record?' / Faze, TuFace, And Black Face (Plantashun Boiz) After Split-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by kay29000(m): 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
D Banj and long time friend/business partner split ties over 6 months ago, and i would like to know who is doing better, considering what the two have been able to achieve in the last 6 months. Don Jazzy lunched the Mavin records thing and is focusing on the artists under his new label. D Banj is in a new territory, swimming in bigger waters now, but he has managed some few achievements himself.

I would love to here from people on this matter.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by escobar07(m): 4:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
Maybe too early to make to comprehensive analysis, but dbanj is slightly ahead

1 Like

Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by kay29000(m): 4:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
Thanks...i guess it is too early, i am also rooting for d banj right now. But we never can tell.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by ConcernMan: 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
Although it is too early to judge the duo but I must be honest with you Dbang has seriously lost inspiration. J Sleek (his current producer) must be definitely deceiving him. The guys just go into the studio and produce noise, then using media propaganda and graphic album cover try to force it down our throat. I say I reject that in Jesus Name. Can one compare Oyato with Fall in Love or Suddenly? Never. My take is that it is high time Dbanj better reconcile with Don Jazzy or the later does so whoever is at fault between them.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by babyboy3(m): 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
Well am yet to hear anything Don J has produced since they split apart form Omaga which sounds like a typical Naija output, Oliver Twist is been sold all over the world mostly in form of Itunes, Dbanj is attending or performing at high profile concerts and quite allot of them and he charges 6 figures $$$$$$$, his popularity has grown most especially because his music is been played at every arena of the 2012 Olympics.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/oliver-twist-remixes-ep/id519662878?affId=1657388&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 05, 2012
I think they're level. Them just dey. Although, Don Jazzy did an album, while D'banj has only released a single.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by babyboy3(m): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
ogugua88: I think they're level. Them just dey. Although, Don Jazzy did an album, while D'banj has only released a single.

What Album?

Dbanj plays at concerts which he could easily make hundred of thousands of pounds
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by mikuz(m): 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2012
They aint on any level. Dbanj is far ahead jor.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 05, 2012
^^ Taaaaaa.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by kay29000(m): 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2012
Thanks for all the comments. And for the guy above that said d banj needs to go back to go back to don jazzy, i am guessing you are joking. Why would he do that? He made a decision, and he would definitely stick to it. And besides, the reason people don't like oyato is because it is different from what they are used to...that would take some time, but things will definitely swing his way.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
kay29000: Thanks for all the comments. And for the guy above that said d banj needs to go back to go back to don jazzy, i am guessing you are joking. Why would he do that? He made a decision, and he would definitely stick to it. And besides, the reason people don't like oyato is because it is different from what they are used to...that would take some time, but things will definitely swing his way.

Can the same be said for "Solar Plexus"? I think people were expecting another "Curriculum Vitae".
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
baby-boy:
What Album?

Dbanj plays at concerts which he could easily make hundred of thousands of pounds

"Solar Plexus" isn't considered an album?

D'banj was playing in shows before the split. That hasn't changed. I don't think OP was asking for financial achievements anyway.

Don Jazzy won Music Producer of the Year at NEA this past weekend.

1 Like

Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by seunny4lif(m): 6:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
Me think na dbanj oh,oliver twist is almost national song in arab nation here esp middle east and the wost is dat the music,dem they play am reach 6times in a day.Turn ur tv on,dbanj on the line.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by mikuz(m): 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
ogugua88:

D'banj was playing in shows before the split. That hasn't changed. I don't think OP was asking for financial achievements anyway.

My sister you cant be serious. Who doesnt know NEA is a joke? Those people think we're still in 2001.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2012
All I said is that he won. Whether the award is legit or not, my hand no dey lol.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by mikuz(m): 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2012
seunny4lif: Me think na dbanj oh,oliver twist is almost national song in arab nation here esp middle east and the wost is dat the music,dem they play am reach 6times in a day.Turn ur tv on,dbanj on the line.

Yeah. The success of a producer lies on the success of the artiste hes producing.
Most artistes even take it further to rep their producers at the beginning of their songs. I've even seen a producer begging an artiste to mention his name.
That said. Most people dont give a damn about who produces the song they listen to,provided they can relate to what the singer is saying. Hence, you can never compare a singer to his producer esp. If that singer is someone like Dbanj. Do producers perform on stage
The phrase " Its Don Jazzy again " contributed immensly to the kind of popularity Jazzy enjoys today.

Dbanj and Don Jazzy should never be compared.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by mikuz(m): 6:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
ogugua88: All I said is that he won. Whether the award is legit or not, my hand no dey lol.
since the award no get street cred. Nobody gives a damn if he won or not. tongue
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
mikuz: since the award no get street cred. Nobody gives a damn if he won or not. tongue

I don hear o, GEJ lol.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by mikuz(m): 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
grin grin

Good.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by odizzy: 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
ogugua88:

my sis did u call solar plexus an album? 4 able bodid men n 1 lady workd togather in dsam studio to mek an album n dia was no single hit track frm it, wot a shame. If am don j, i go dey cover my face any were i go. My sis, in as much as dbanj nids don j, don j also nids dbanj lyk crazy, because 2 be frank dia is no entainer in mavin records ryt now. I tink dbanj was born wt luck, n dat was d reason mo'hit was mo'hit n don j was don j, cos he was d center of attraction in mo'hit. Dbanj will do very if he sings a gud song writer cos he already hv a nice producer. As 4 don j, he shud find anoda entainer if not it wil be situation of 1 head better dan 5 big heads. Chikina
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by mikuz(m): 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
True that. Dbanj already has a good substitute for Jazzy. On the other side D. Jazzy is yet to follow suit.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by babyboy3(m): 8:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
ogugua88:

Solar Plexus is a compilation of 6 different artist

Have you seen the type places Dbanj holds his concerts now?

NIGERIA ENTERTAINMENT AWARD local level shows that his level hasnt changed

Dbanj has moved away from those type of awards
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by kay29000(m): 3:30am On Sep 06, 2012
I am really learning a lot from these comments. Thanks guys...and keep them coming.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by Nobody: 3:44am On Sep 06, 2012
baby-boy:
Solar Plexus is a compilation of 6 different artist

Have you seen the type places Dbanj holds his concerts now?

NIGERIA ENTERTAINMENT AWARD local level shows that his level hasnt changed

Dbanj has moved away from those type of awards

Does that mean Curriculum Vitae is not an album?

Who cares where D'banj holds his concerts lol? I'm glad this topic is on D'banj and Don Jazzy only. Compared to other Nigerian musicians, D'banj is nowhere. Anyone can do a multitude of shows in England. A tiny nation with Nigerians concentrated in the same area. Of course the arenas will be full.

The NEA Award isn't the only award Don Jazzy has won. Be fair.

It's very easy to say D'banj has moved away from "those type of awards", especially considering he lost all the categories for which he was nominated. If he won, someone would be commending him.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by kay29000(m): 4:24am On Sep 06, 2012
D'Banj is not only catering for Nigerian's in diaspora, but the world at large. Rita Ora was shouting him out on twitter the other day for "killing" her concert. He is international the way no one has done it before. I am not a die-hard fan of his music, i am just stating facts.
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by odizzy: 7:28am On Sep 06, 2012
kay29000: D'Banj is not only catering for Nigerian's in diaspora, but the world at large. Rita Ora was shouting him out on twitter the other day for "killing" her concert. He is international the way no one has done it before. I am not a die-hard fan of his music, i am just stating facts.
u re right bro, dbanj is a big time entertainer n daz wot Don j, is lacking right now. If he continue lyk dis( i mean not replacing dbanj place wit a gud entertainer) his name wil gradually fedaway. Am not a big fan of dbanj either cos he lack lyrics, am jus bin frank
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by playahP(m): 8:04am On Sep 06, 2012
mikuz:
Yeah. The success of a producer lies on the success of the artiste hes producing.
Most artistes even take it further to rep their producers at the beginning of their songs. I've even seen a producer begging an artiste to mention his name.
That said. Most people dont give a damn about who produces the song they listen to,provided they can relate to what the singer is saying. Hence, you can never compare a singer to his producer esp. If that singer is someone like Dbanj. Do producers perform on stage
The phrase " Its Don Jazzy again " contributed immensly to the kind of popularity Jazzy enjoys today.

Dbanj and Don Jazzy should never be compared.

ur head dey thia jawre
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by seunny4lif(m): 10:01am On Sep 06, 2012
And the worst is dat am listening to oliver twist on FM TV in lebanon and my guy told it been play many times in caribbean island.Am proud to be a nigerian.Wht the f**k is award?Hw many award did Rick Ross,Akon,T-pain,The game and 2pac?
Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by mixoull(m): 11:03am On Sep 06, 2012
enough of the comparison, Dbanj is a performing artist, don jazzy is a producer, not an artist, obviously Dbanj will have more achievement than him , the question is' will dbanj do well with another producer same thing goes to don jazzy too.. you cant compare Seal with Trevor Horn.

1 Like

Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by onatisi(m): 8:58am On Sep 09, 2012
mixoull: enough of the comparison, Dbanj is a performing artist, don jazzy is a producer, not an artist, obviously Dbanj will have more achievement than him , the question is' will dbanj do well with another producer same thing goes to don jazzy too.. you cant compare Seal with Trevor Horn.
best common sense analysis so far

1 Like

Re: D Banj Or Don Jazzy...who Is Doing Better After Split by tociano009(m): 11:08am On Sep 12, 2012
seunny4lif: Me think na dbanj oh,oliver twist is almost national song in arab nation here esp middle east and the wost is dat the music,dem they play am reach 6times in a day.Turn ur tv on,dbanj on the line.

Please i want to travel to libya by road, anybody who no road should pls tell me how i will travel by road and how much it will cost me,pls let me av ur numba

(1) (Reply)

Ekky - Nzijukira ( The Ugandan Version Of Kelly Rowland ) / What Has Happened To 'brekete Family' Programme On Love FM 104.5 / Music Video: OCHANYA - Ayoola Ft Phyno, Directed By Clarence Peters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.