Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

All men are born equal - Educational Services - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / All men are born equal (823 Views)

Private Ican Lecture Tuition Centres In Lagos / Oversea Full Scholarship ( Register For Toefl, Gre, Sat, Act @ Affordable Price / Get Highest In Ur Toefl,sat,gre,gmat With This 100% Guarranteed Runs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All men are born equal by 1760: 6:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
With the increase of jungle justice against individuals suspected to be homosexuals in Nigeria

I will propose that the Nigerian govt enact laws to protect all individuals including those in the LGBT community

All men are equal and should have a freedom to choose who they love

According to President Barack Obama

============================================
President Barack Obama said Wednesday he supports same-sex marriage, raising the political stakes on an issue over which Americans are evenly split.
The announcement was the first by a sitting president and put Obama squarely at odds with presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who on Wednesday said during an appearance in Oklahoma, "I believe marriage is a relationship between a man and a woman."
Obama said in an interview with ABC News, "At a certain point I've just concluded that for me, personally, it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married."
Obama once opposed such marriages. He later indicated his views were "evolving."
"I had hesitated on gay marriage, in part, because I thought civil unions would be sufficient," the president said. "I was sensitive to the fact that -- for a lot of people -- that the word marriage is something that provokes very powerful traditions and religious beliefs."

It was not immediately clear how the development -- which same-sex marriage advocates had long sought -- might play out at the voting booth.
A Gallup Poll released Tuesday indicated 50% of Americans believe same-sex marriages should be recognized by law as valid, with 48% saying such marriages should not be legal.
But a CNN/ORC poll, taken in late March, indicated policies towards gays and lesbians were tied for last in the most-important issues facing the country.
Obama was "disappointed" by Tuesday's vote on the issue in North Carolina, which he described as discriminatory against gays and lesbians, a spokesman said earlier Wednesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2012/05/09/politics/obama-same-sex-marriage/index.html

==================================

I hope Nigerian political leaders too will take a cue and make laws to protect the LGBT community

(1) (Reply)

Ijmb(interim Joint Matriculation Board) Form Closes On Friday Oct 19 2012 / Pass Utme, Waec, Neco, Gce , A'level And Job Aptitude Tests With Brainfriend / Ijmb A Level @Phylum College Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.