Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,213 members, 7,839,127 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Wale Earned $5 Million Last Year, Deemed A “cash Prince” By Forbes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wale Earned $5 Million Last Year, Deemed A “cash Prince” By Forbes (1386 Views)

2015 MBGN Queen, Unoaku Anyadike Contested Last Year But Lost (photos) / Top 21 Richest Nigerians As Revealed By Forbes / Zuriel Oduwole Is The Youngest To Be Interviewed By Forbes Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wale Earned $5 Million Last Year, Deemed A “cash Prince” By Forbes by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 05, 2012
Maybach Music Group rapper Wale earns himself the title of “Cash Prince” from the financial experts at Forbes magazine.

The Hip Hop Cash King list from Forbes is one of the most sought after lists for both rising stars and rap veterans alike, and although Wale just missed making the list this year, his efforts did not go unnoticed by Forbes.

The Maybach Music Group affiliate had himself a solid year, earning a plush $5 million from both concert tickets and album sales, but Wale lets Forbes know he is looking to invest his money and grow it.

“I don’t want to be one of those guys that you see who made $4 million, invested $3.5 million, and now you work at Wendy’s,” he said. “I want to get the highest score on Pacman or Frogger … [and] I want to make sure I’m on the Forbes list in a year or two.”

Although Wale had himself a nice year, don’t be fooled by the bright lights and YouTube stories. The D.C. rapper worked hard for his money, performing at over 75 shows in the last year alone, earning a solid $20,000 per show.

Check out the interview with Wale below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF5DR72qNZw

http://theversed.com/2012/09/05/wale-earned-5-million-last-year-deemed-a-cash-prince-by-forbes/
Re: Wale Earned $5 Million Last Year, Deemed A “cash Prince” By Forbes by slimyem: 10:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
interesting!
Keep doing us proud man!cheesycheesy
Re: Wale Earned $5 Million Last Year, Deemed A “cash Prince” By Forbes by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
I'm very glad to see this guy finally got his 'just due', he's so underrated - and he's definitely one of the best young lyricists in the rap game at the moment... I put him alongside: Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Meek Mills, Drake etc.. and Wale is a poet. Most don't know he loves black women and adores Nigeria... I still remember where he said; "he'd rather die broke than break the heart/disrespect a black woman." That's some deep shyte, yo...

I've been a fan of Wale right from the hiphopgame.com days - I used to check him and Godwon out on there, but I heard Godwon has moved back to Nigeria... I guess the life of crime in Houston finally caught up with Godwon - Godwon used to be a lyrical genius, one of his old tune(Needle in my eyes) from 2006 is my ringtone...

Salute Wale Folarin! cool

This is the tune that made me believe in Wale:

Wale - Nike Boots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I1QxABdYYc
Re: Wale Earned $5 Million Last Year, Deemed A “cash Prince” By Forbes by MrGlobe(m): 11:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
slimyem: interesting!
Keep doing us proud man!cheesycheesy
she. male are you also slimyem - f. Damn bro, you keep creating this ids like it's gonna fetch you millions later.
Please don't place the people you mentioned with j. Cole and kdot. They are on another level of lyricism

Congrats wale. even though I feel that list is bogus. Some earn higher while others are lower just like nicki minaj said.
Re: Wale Earned $5 Million Last Year, Deemed A “cash Prince” By Forbes by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
^^^^^^Oi, I'm slimyem now?? Left and came back but you guys won't let me be... I honestly think 99% of the posters on NL need to be sectioned, most of you suffer from some form of mental illness... It's just sad! sad
Re: Wale Earned $5 Million Last Year, Deemed A “cash Prince” By Forbes by slimyem: 11:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
Mr. Globe:

she. male are you also slimyem - f. Damn bro, you keep creating this ids like it's gonna fetch you millions later.
Please don't place the people you mentioned with j. Cole and kdot. They are on another level of lyricism

Congrats wale. even though I feel that list is bogus. Some earn higher while others are lower just like nicki minaj said.
hello?
Are you ok at all or do you need me to call for help?

(1) (Reply)

2face And Ani Going Marriage / Yoruba Actress, Ronke Oshodi Oke,gets Baby Boy In US / Checkout Waje's New Brand(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.