Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! (1972 Views)

EFCC Arrests Fake "EFCC Operatives" (photo) / EFCC Operatives Arrest PDP Spokesperson Olisa Metuh Over N1.4b Fraud / Checkout The Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Allison-Madueke's Son Ugonna In The US(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by BigB11(m): 4:07am On Jan 07, 2008
Ribadu: Flamboyant lifestyle of EFCC operatives for probe

AS controversies rage on following the recent decision of the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro, to send the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) chairman, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu on a one-year course, it has been established that the training was a ploy by the authority to probe the activities of the commission, following an upsurge in the number of police officers requesting to be posted to the commission, hence the IGP became curious about the need to probe the EFCC Chairman and the activities of his boys at the commission in the last four years.

Sources at the Police Headquarters in Abuja told Sunday Tribune that the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro, became curious about the happenings in the commission following endless requests from policemen to be redeployed to EFCC.

Although the police headquarters had received catalogue of petitions from victims of EFCC, alleging corruption and other vices, but the decision to send the EFCC boss, Malam Nuhu Ribadu on one year study leave was because of recent happenings in which nearly everybody now wants to work with EFCC. The upsurge in requests for posting to the EFCC actually made the IGP to want to probe activities in the commission and the best way to do it is to ease out Ribadu. “It is not possible to probe the commission while Ribadu still presides over the place,” a highly placed police source told Sunday Tribune.
Sunday Tribune also gathered from the police headquarters that the actions and activities of some of the policemen attached to the EFCC did not help matters as some of them often behaved as superstars, thus making their colleagues to begin to envy them.

“The situation is terrible, the EFCC operatives among us behave like superstars. They have unlimited access to money, unlike their counterparts, hence everybody began to envy them.

Apart from that, Sunday Tribune learnt that the policemen attached to the EFCC are often accused of being rude to their superiors, “you see, most of the boys working with Ribadu have developed swollen heads. They don’t respect anybody, apart from their boss, and this is a force where you take order from your superior, irrespective of whether you work under him or not, but in the case of the EFCC boys, the reverse is the case, they only recognise Ribadu, hence their actions became a subject of discussion within the force and everybody has been working on how to cut their wings,” a source told Sunday Tribune.

Sunday Tribune learnt that from next month, the Police authority would begin a probe into activities of the commission and find ways of ensuring that the operatives of EFCC succumb to the regular police force ways of doing things.

Also, the flambouyant lifestyles of the men of the commission, sources said, has become a source of worry to the police authority. Sunday Tribune learnt that some of the policemen attached to the commission live far above their income, hence the authority is finding ways of correcting the rot.

They are flambouyant. We know that the operatives of the commission are living well, compared with the average policemenand there is the tendency that they make money through the commission. And this, coupled with the fact that series of petition bordering on corruption and abuse of office were pouring in on a daily basis from members of the public,” the source said.

The source also cited a case between the EFCC men and a former state governor. Sunday Tribune gathered that the former governor, in a petition to the IGP lamented that the men of the commission stormed his house and carted away millions of naira and American dollars. The governor in the petition stated that the EFCC men dealt with him despite collecting huge sum of money from him.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/jan/6/611.html
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by candies(f): 8:23am On Jan 07, 2008
Repulsive embarassed
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by babasin(m): 11:52am On Jan 07, 2008
people with ear-close to ground know all these.

Where did Ribadu got money to buy Ehindero's house?

How much is salary as EFCC chairman?

how much taxes has he paid to FIRC?

what about his foreign bank accounts

if you live in glass house, dont throw stones!
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by IykeD1(m): 4:47pm On Jan 07, 2008
Whats next, Ribadu bought a house in the Moon?
You guys are grappling for straws. . .
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by Mamajama(m): 5:01pm On Jan 07, 2008
@BABASIN why do you guys continue to dwell on useless propaganda that is intended to rubbish the integrity and character of one of the best people in Nigeria?

What Ehindero's house did RIBADU bought, please give the the address.

Does Ehindero has right to sell government property?

OKIRO Has no authority or jurisdiction to investigate EFCC. This two entities are separate according to the provision of the law that was enacted.

If we are talking of rule of law. The IGP can not investigate EFCC.

@BIGB1 you need to simmer down, and stop all this posting on EFCC and RIBADU, its only making you look like a JACKASS
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by kaycrystal(m): 5:28pm On Jan 07, 2008
@BIGB1 you need to simmer down, and stop all this posting on EFCC and RIBADU, its only making you look like a JACKASS
[quote][/quote]

na today!! political jobbers dont really care how pple percieve dem.the job of their pay masters must be done!!!
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by babasin(m): 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2008
terrible how Good Nigerians are in denial but the TRUTH is out there:

"My brother, there is no posting in the police in recent times as the EFCC one. It is so lucrative that every policeman wants to be there. If I tell you how rich and wealthy EFCC operatives are, you will not believe. Most of them own posh houses in Abuja and environs, riding expensive cars and intimidating even their seniors in the force. Most of them have bought cars for their girlfriends and wives, and are living flamboyant lifestyles. Some of them even moved out of police quarters to private residences. Most of them plan to resign their appointments whenever they are redeployed. Do you know how much an operative gets in pursuing a case?" the sourced said.

--

LEADERSHIP also learned that the officers and men are ready to appear before the police hierarchy any moment from today to answer questions and that they intend to use the opportunity of a possible apology to lobby for retention.
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by BigB11(m): 6:31pm On Jan 07, 2008
MAMAJAMA and kaycrystal:
You guys do not care about Ribadu more than I do; the only difference is that I care about Nigeria a little bit more than Ribadu (Nigeria as a nation comes first, not Ribadu).

I'm confident that the truth will come out soon and Nigerians will have the opportunity to identify who is fooling who!
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by IykeD1(m): 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2008

Classic!
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by BigB11(m): 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2008
IYKE-D:

You need more than that to stop Big B1; If you don't know by now, you better ask somebody!
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by McKren(m): 7:53pm On Jan 07, 2008
Mike Okiro should understudy the EFCC and learn how to keep your staff happy rather than being jealous.

Is it the fault of the EFCC chairman that he runs a force that enjoys the recognition and fu[b]nding of international bodies[/b] and hence the ability of EFCC to pay its staff more than the NPF?

Just a question for you BigB1:
You claim everyday to represent the interest of underdogs. In one of your recent debates you said "Ribadu Supporters are ordinary citizens". My question is who's interest do you represent and how much are u paid to destroy the truth??
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by IykeD1(m): 10:59pm On Jan 07, 2008
BigB1 has no interest of the ordinary Nigerians at heart - not sure if he truly knows what
that means. They and the people they prop up have managed to create a mediocre country
at best, which appears forever consigned into the dust bins.

What they don't understand is that they are also working against the interest of the elites
they serve - its a matter of time before they or one of the children of the cabal will fall victim
into some real jungle or mob justice. You know the armed robbers and militants are getting
bolder by the day.

Its just a matter of time before they too may fall victim to the mere infrastructure that they
have managed to deny the general population by their very actions of large scale looting.
You know, when their children leave that foreign countries where they are enjoying their
loot on a visit to Nigeria, they can't bring the roads, bridges, hospitals, or functional airports
with them. They are just as vulnerable as you and I in the open sore called Nigeria.

No matter how they or their children try, they can never fit in abroad and must return home
periodically to feel validated by the throngs of poor suffering masses.
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by BigB11(m): 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2008
@Iyke-D:

Stop thinking like MAMAJAMA; you look like a clown when you do that. Stay on track!
You're targeting the wrong guy.
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by IykeD1(m): 11:35pm On Jan 07, 2008
BigB1,

I "look" like a clown? Hmm, you can't even see me, you only exist as as few
bytes to me just as I am to you. You need to get off whatever it is you are
smoking. I had appreciate it if you lay low and enjoy whatever patronage
you are getting from you sponsor rather than your weak attempt to sound
like you give a shit about the real Nigeria.
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by Bhola(f): 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2008
Seriously small B, you are beginning to sound like a retard. Repeating the same shit over and over. Like I said before, whatever you are scared of, will surely catch up with you.

You definitely do not have the interest of Nigeria at heart. You are a liar and I f**cking hate liars. I'll take a murderer over a liar.

Oponu oshi.
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by oldie(m): 12:12am On Jan 08, 2008
Either deliberately or inadvertently, these anti-Ribadu/EFCC posts are becoming obsessive
Let us be rational about are comments
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by BigB11(m): 12:45am On Jan 08, 2008
Seriously small B, you are beginning to sound like a retard. Repeating the same shit over and over. Like I said before, whatever you are scared of, will surely catch up with you.

You definitely do not have the interest of Nigeria at heart. You are a liar and I f**cking hate liars. I'll take a murderer over a liar.

Oponu oshi.
Bhola, it's 6pm; aren't you supposed to be in the kitchen?
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by IykeD1(m): 11:47am On Jan 08, 2008

Oponu oshi.

Words of wisdom from the IBB school of thought! smiley
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by angel101(f): 12:00pm On Jan 08, 2008
everybody in nigeria lives a more flamboouyant life style these days guess its because things previously out of reach are now more easily accessible. its not limited to EFCC operatives
Re: Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Efcc Operatives For Probe! by dayokanu(m): 12:30pm On Jan 08, 2008
If they are guilty of corrupt enrichment why shouldnt they be prosecuted. Why should OBJ, Iyabo, Gbenga Obasanjo, Ribadu, not be investigated if they are corrupt

(1) (Reply)

Yaradua's Son / Re: Bi-courtney Aviation Service’s Tenure Row Deepens / The Man Who Gives The NNPC A Run For Their Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.