Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,685 members, 7,813,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Help With Java Installation - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With Java Installation (1223 Views)

Please, Help With Linux Installation! / Software Download And Installation Problem / I Need Help On Waec Offline Installation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Java Installation by benzion72(m): 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
Good Day Gurus in the house. I have being trying to install Java on my laptop. The java was there before but it get corrupted. So reinstalling Java online and offline is giving me error "The wizard was interrupted before Java (TM) 7 update 5 could be completely installed". Can somebody help me
Re: Help With Java Installation by bomaibulub(m): 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2012
confirm that your jdk has been uninstalled from control panel. Then try again. If you experience the same problem, get a new .exec file cos yours may be corrupt. Hope you can set the class path or modify your system variable so your compiler can interface your command prompt?
Re: Help With Java Installation by rexfada(m): 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2012
Please aw can i do the interfacing?
bomaibulub: confirm that your jdk has been uninstalled from control panel. Then try again. If you experience the same problem, get a new .exec file cos yours may be corrupt. Hope you can set the class path or modify your system variable so your compiler can interface your command prompt?
Re: Help With Java Installation by bomaibulub(m): 2:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
You have to install the jdk first. Having done that, there are two methods you could use to set the class path variable. I will put you through on how to set it temporarily ie you will have to set it again when ever you boot your system after a shutdown. The second method wouldn't require you to reset it again expect you format your system. But that may lead to more complication since you don't have supervision.
Now go to directory in which you saved your jdk. You should see two folders, one a jdk 1.bla bla bla and the other jre6 or so, depending on the installed version. Open the jdk folder and you will see some other folders. Look for the "bin" folder there and open it too. After that copy the address at the address bar. With win XP, type "cmd" on the run utility or just type command on the start menu search text field and launch the command prompt. Type "set classpath=" and hit the enter key. Now on the next line type "set path=" then right click and paste the copied directory. Hit the enter button and close the command prompt. Reopen the command prompt and type java -version and hit the enter to view details of the installed jdk and you are good to go.
Re: Help With Java Installation by rexfada(m): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2012
bomaibulub: You have to install the jdk first. Having done that, there are two methods you could use to set the class path variable. I will put you through on how to set it temporarily ie you will have to set it again when ever you boot your system after a shutdown. The second method wouldn't require you to reset it again expect you format your system. But that may lead to more complication since you don't have supervision.
Now go to directory in which you saved your jdk. You should see two folders, one a jdk 1.bla bla bla and the other jre6 or so, depending on the installed version. Open the jdk folder and you will see some other folders. Look for the "bin" folder there and open it too. After that copy the address at the address bar. With win XP, type "cmd" on the run utility or just type command on the start menu search text field and launch the command prompt. Type "set classpath=" and hit the enter key. Now on the next line type "set path=" then right click and paste the copied directory. Hit the enter button and close the command prompt. Reopen the command prompt and type java -version and hit the enter to view details of the installed jdk and you are good to go.
thanx, I'll give it a try as soon as i charge my lappy
Re: Help With Java Installation by rexfada(m): 7:05am On Sep 09, 2012
bomaibulub: You have to install the jdk first. Having done that, there are two methods you could use to set the class path variable. I will put you through on how to set it temporarily ie you will have to set it again when ever you boot your system after a shutdown. The second method wouldn't require you to reset it again expect you format your system.Open the jdk folder and you will see some other folders. Look for the "bin" folder there and open it too. Type "set classpath=" and hit the enter key. Now on the next line type "set path=" then right click and paste the copied directory. you are good to go.
it worked bro. Thanx a million. Is this the permanent method,or I have to do this anytime I restart my system?
Re: Help With Java Installation by bomaibulub(m): 7:06am On Sep 09, 2012
Any time. kiss
Re: Help With Java Installation by benzion72(m): 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2012
Thanks brother I was able to reinstall the jdk and the interfacing. But the last step typing the java version is saying window cannot find java 7 make sure you typed the name correctly I will appreciate any help

(1) (Reply)

Buy Genuine Software / Antivirus / Laptops Price List With Warranty / Canon PIXMA MG5220 Wireless All-in-One Printer with Full HD FOR SALE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.