Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself (3653 Views)

Mohammed Contradicts Himself, Says 3 Different Things On The Same Topic / Pentecoastal Leaders Condemns Sis Linda's Prophecy "Says Contradicts God's Word" / What Makes You Think The Bible Contradicts Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by rhymz(m): 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2012
1. MOSES' SWIFT PERSONALITY
NUM 12:3
"Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the fact of the earth."
NUM 31:14, 17 &18
"And Moses was wroth...And Moses said unto them, "Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman, ... But all the women children ... keep alive for yourselves."
lol. . Wow, the meekest Man on earth gave these orders

2. JESUS' FIRST SERMON WAS IT ON THE PLAIN OR MOUNTAIN?
MAT 5:1,2
"And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying...."
LUK 6:17,20
"And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people...came to hear him.. And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said..."
3. JESUS' LAST WORDS ON THE CROSS
MAT 27:46,50
"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."
LUK 23:46
"And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."
JOHN 19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

4. HOW MANY TIMES DID THE COCK CROW? MARK14:72
And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.
MAT 26:74
Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.
MAT 26:75
And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.
LUK 22:60
And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.
LUK 22:61
And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
JOH 13:38
Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, still thou hast denied me thrice.
JOH 18:27
Peter then denied again: and immediately the cock crew

5. WHOM DIDI THEY SEE AT THE TOMB?
MAT 28:2
And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
MAT 28:3
His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow: MAT 28:4 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
MAT 28:5
And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
MAR 16:5
And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.
LUK 24:4
And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments
JOH 20:12
And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. God change?

6. YEARS OF FAMINE
II SAMUEL 24:13:
So God came to David, and told him, and said unto him, shall SEVEN YEARS OF FAMINE come unto thee in thy land? or will thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue. thee?
I CHRONICLES 21:11
SO God came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee. Either THREE YEARS OF FAMINE or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; Moved David to anger?
II SAMUEL 24
And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.
I CHRONICLES 21
And SATAN stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

7. DID THOSE WITH SAUL/PAUL HEAR A VOICE AT HIS CONVERSION?
ACT 9:7
And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
ACT 22:9
And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not
the voice of him that spake to me.

8. HOW EXACTLY DID JUDAS DIE?
MAT 27:5
"And he cast down the pieces of silver into the temple and departed, and went out and hanged himself."
ACT 1:18
"And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out."
9. ASCENDING TO HEAVEN
2KI 2:11
"And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven."
JOH 3:13
"No man hath ascended up to heaven but he that came down from heaven, ...

10. WHO MOVED DAVID AGAINST ISREAL?
II SAMUEL 24
And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.
I CHRONICLES 21
And SATAN stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

11. THE SINS OF THE FATHER
ISA 14:21
Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
DEU 24:16
The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by rhymz(m): 9:11pm On Sep 06, 2012
yet, we are told by Christian apologists that the bible is an inerrant book that contains the very words of God. Apparently, God is not inerrant afterall, according to the bible, not with these very funny inconsistensies.
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by EvilBrain1(m): 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2012
rhymz: yet, we are told by Christian apologists that the bible is an inerrant book that contains the very words of God. Apparently, God is not inerrant afterall, according to the bible, not with these very funny inconsistensies.

I hate to defend the Christians, but they don't often claim the bible is inerrant, most likely because it so clearly isn't.

Its the Muslims that tend to do that with their Koran.
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Bella3(f): 9:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
Eyaa.. See al the mis cake
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by rhymz(m): 10:18pm On Sep 06, 2012
Evil Brain:

I hate to defend the Christians, but they don't often claim the bible is inerrant, most likely because it so clearly isn't.

Its the Muslims that tend to do that with their Koran.
I think it is the christian that makes that claims more than anyother religious followers. Wait until the likes of Anonym will come and put a spin to explain every one of these inaccuracies. I have met many, both here on NL and in real life who argue that the bible is an accurate history book, they say everything recorded in the bible is correct and inconstestible. Some even question your guts to question some of the illogicalities found in the bible.
For instance, we are told that God is omniscient and omnipresent yet the bible records in Genesis 3:9 How God called on Adam, "Where are you?". One would expect an omnipresent God to know that already. When Adam replied, again in verse 11, God the Omniscient one, queries Adam further "who told you that you are naked?" Adam replied and the next question was to ask him, Adam if he had eaten fron the forbidden fruit. Till this day I am still struggling with the fact that an all knowing God could ask and inquire from a lesser entity he created. Na wa o
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by MacDaddy01: 10:27pm On Sep 06, 2012
Rhymz, I hope that you are not a muslim because muslims are more guilty of denying contradictions in their holy book.
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Sweetnecta: 12:04am On Sep 07, 2012
^^^^ you seem lost.
The earth and heavens are eternity since each was here before anything in it was made.
each will be here after man, you and all tat will come after you will be long gone.

so let me know where the contradiction is in the Quran.

I will wait to read your weak list.
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Fr0sbel: 12:32am On Sep 07, 2012
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Fr0sbel: 12:32am On Sep 07, 2012
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Fr0sbel: 12:33am On Sep 07, 2012
Don't even start , if you want us to begin a thorough exposition of ISLAM which is Similar to Catholicism then we will grin

Night all grin
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by MacDaddy01: 4:16am On Sep 07, 2012
Fr0sbel: Don't even start , if you want us to begin a thorough exposition of ISLAM which is Similar to Catholicism then we will grin

Night all grin

Ode, catholics compiled the bible. They are the original christians. You are ignorant of your own religion.

1 Like

Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by MacDaddy01: 4:17am On Sep 07, 2012
Sweetnecta: ^^^^ you seem lost.
The earth and heavens are eternity since each was here before anything in it was made.
each will be here after man, you and all tat will come after you will be long gone.

so let me know where the contradiction is in the Quran.

I will wait to read your weak list.

Is hell eternal or limited, according to the Quran?
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by rhymz(m): 6:58am On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01: Rhymz, I hope that you are not a muslim because muslims are more guilty of denying contradictions in their holy book.
I am not a muslim. I am an Igbo man and like you know, 95% of us are christians. However, I am a christian by convenience and not by conviction. Knowing how religious our society is, you might lose opportunities if you come out openly to declare your unorthodox religious convictions, you might end up being judged by it.
I rarely engage Muslims in debate because most of the ones I know are closeted and dangerously fanatical. They percieve contrary opinions to theirs as a sin worthy of death. The Koran and Hadith have never assumed any form of divinity to me, not when they have vague verses that are very susceptible to misinterpretation and misapplication. I would not know if they consider the Koran as inerrant, if they do, that will be very laughable cos their claims of peace is a stark contradiction to what they do.
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by rhymz(m): 7:27am On Sep 07, 2012
rhymz:
1. MOSES' SWIFT PERSONALITY NUM 12:3 "Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the fact of the earth." NUM 31:14, 17 &18 "And Moses was wroth...And Moses said unto them, "Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman, ... But all the women children ... keep alive for yourselves."
This part got me laughing. How can the meekest person on earth get so angry to the point he ordered for little childrien, defenceless women and childrien to be killed just so his anger can be appeased. The writers of the bible are jokers walahi. They just sit in one corner and make shit up without any logical explanations. . .lol
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Bella3(f): 7:30am On Sep 07, 2012
@ MACDADDY
according to history, al christains were catholics which meant 'universal'. catholic nt Roman catholic.
I asked u a question on another thread, bt u ran away. Am asking again.
Assuming Sir. Isaac Newton was working on a project everyone knew about. Bt died two weeks before completion (what is left is to compiling). Mac daddy helps to compile it. Does that make it mac daddy's work?
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by fowowe411: 8:17am On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Ode, catholics compiled the bible. They are the original christians. You are ignorant of your own religion.
u re wrung catholics ar nt origina xtians they also tried to hide d truth .i'm quite sure u re ingnnorant of diz
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 07, 2012
You atheists are fond of criticising religious people. Since atheists do not believe in the existence of God or Satan, why not open other threads sometimes about satanism & criticise the satanic teachings of people like Anton Szandor LaVey, the author of the satanic bible & the founder of the church of satan? Anton's teachings challenges the ten commadments (considered the foundation for Moral Laws) which I know good atheists respect too. Why is it that almost all (if not all) of your threads & posts criticises the existence of God only? I'm begining to see a pattern & I vehemently believe it's the handwork of satan; he is manipulating & using y'all against God's word gringringrin The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist~ Shine your eyes o! Hell is real! Me i don talk my own o grin

1 Like

Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Niflheim(m): 10:33am On Sep 07, 2012
@seriallink,do not forget the lesson that we were taught in the movie"league of extra-ordinary gentlemen"....................the guy who robbed the bank of england at the beginning of the film wore a freemasons ring,while the guy who hired sean connery to investigate the robbery had the same freemason symbols scattered all over his office,so at the end of the day it was discovered that the good guy was actually the bad guy,while the bad guy at night pretended to be the good guy in the afternoon!!!.................this describes adeboye and oyedepo,...................THE LEAGUE OF EXTRA-ORDINARY BUSINESS MEN!!!
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 07, 2012
niggaz splitting hairs
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Enigma(m): 10:40am On Sep 07, 2012
Bélla3: @ MACDADDY
according to history, al christains were catholics which meant 'universal'. catholic nt Roman catholic.
Assuming Sir. Isaac Newton was working on a project everyone knew about. Bt died two weeks before completion (what is left is to compiling). Mac daddy helps to compile it. Does that make it mac daddy's work?

Correct! It was not the Roman catholic Church that gave us either the doctrine of The Trinity or that "compiled" the Bible; rather it was the catholic (i.e. the universal) Church or the Christian Church.

This is what is being discussed on the thread in following link (and some other threads too). smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/1039359/canon-bible-roman-catholic-church

cool
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2012
Enigma:

Correct! It was not the Roman catholic Church that gave us either the doctrine of The Trinity or that "compiled" the Bible; rather it was the catholic (i.e. the universal) Church or the Christian Church.

cool

grin grin

Wow !!
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Bella3(f): 10:45am On Sep 07, 2012
Enigma:

This is what is being discussed on the thread in following link (and some other threads too). smiley

cool
pls try to explain to macdaddy.
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by MacDaddy01: 10:45am On Sep 07, 2012
Bélla3: @ MACDADDY

Ode, you are now remixing the meaning of "catholic"?

Catholic and roman catholic are the same. No difference. See how you people lie to distance yourself from the horrors of the catholic church?

Liars and frauds! angry angry angry
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Bella3(f): 10:46am On Sep 07, 2012
frosbel:

grin grin

Wow !!

you dnt agree?
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by MacDaddy01: 10:46am On Sep 07, 2012
Enigma:

cool

See lies!

Ode, you are now remixing the meaning of "catholic"?

Catholic and roman catholic are the same. No difference. See how you people lie to distance yourself from the horrors of the catholic church?

Liars and frauds! angry angry angry
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by rhymz(m): 10:46am On Sep 07, 2012
seriallink: You atheists are fond of criticising religious people. Since atheists do not believe in the existence of God & Satan, why not open other threads sometimes about satanism & criticise the satanic teachings of people like Anton Szandor LaVey, the author of the satanic bible & the founder of the church of satan? Anton's teachings challenges the ten commadments (considered the foundation for Moral Laws) which I know good atheists respect too. Why is it that almost all (if not all) of your threads & posts criticises the existence of God only? I'm begining to see a pattern & I vehemently believe it's the handwork of satan; he is manipulating & using y'all against God's word gringringrin The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist~ Shine your eyes o! Hell is real! Me i don talk my own o grin
My friend, nobody is arguing that Satan exists or not. You see the problem people like me have with religious people, christians especially is the illogicality of their claims.
Have you seen the creation accounts in the bible? It is just like every other fairytale about Jesus laden with incoherence and illogicality. In one account God created day and night before he created the sun, how illogical.
Another thing you fail to recognize is the fact that Christianity is just a brazen copy of pagan litany and dogma with some alteration. And incase you do not know, today's present bible just like most things originated from thr Church of Rome. Most of the accounts in the New testament were given by unknown authors could as well have been lackey church writers not to talk of the ones gotten from other religions that were practising paganism before the fairytale of Christ came up. The books allegedly written by Paul most of which constitute the New testament are altered version of heretic Pauline works.
By the way, from the way you christians complain about the devil, it appears your all powerful God is unable to get rid of Satan, why? By the way, who created the Devil, God? Why can't he, God, the almighty curtail the devil by getting rid of him, giving the headaches he had continued to cause for God. Abi is he not that powerful?
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 07, 2012
Bélla3: you dnt agree?

of course not.

The Trinity is a pagan doctrine sanctioned by the Roman catholic church.
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by rhymz(m): 10:56am On Sep 07, 2012
frosbel:

of course not.

The Trinity is a pagan doctrine sanctioned by the Roman catholic church.
So you mean to tell Me that you are not among those who lie that Jesus is just as powerful as God. That he is in the God head and has thesame power as God. Hahahahahha. . Nicene Creed BS.
What about Jesus's death and ressurection being the only way to salvation irrespective of ones good work, accepting Jesus it is believed is the only way God.
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 07, 2012
rhymz: So you mean to tell Me that you are not among those who lie that Jesus is just as powerful as God. That he is in the God head and has thesame power as God. Hahahahahha. . Nicene Creed BS.

Mr. Muhammedian - you should laugh at ISLAM for they have copied tons of gnostic rubbish from the catholic church which is today practised as a sort of alternative way.

Besides in the early days of ISLAM there was also a trinity .

Funny enough , Muhammad understood the trinity to be rather different from church tradition.

The Koran represents Christians as worshipping Mary as the third member of the Trinity, when in fact the only ones worshiping Mary, based upon the record of history, were the pagan Arabs who worship her idol in the Kaba AND a small heretic sect of Christians in the Mecca area. Obviously then, Muhammad believed that this sect

What about Jesus's death and ressurection being the only way to salvation irrespective of ones good work, accepting Jesus it is believed is the only way God.

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way , the ONLY Truth and the ONLY Path to Life. Jesus Christ is the giver of salvation and eternal life.

He is Lord of Lords and King of Kings
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 07, 2012
obadiah777: niggaz splitting hairs

gringringrin bros, hailings
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 07, 2012
seriallink:

gringringrin bros, hailings
My Brethren i troway salute Sir grin grin
Re: Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself by rhymz(m): 11:11am On Sep 07, 2012
The Bible has inconsistent accounts of who created the heavens and the earth. The Old Testament of the Bible is clear that God created everything alone. The New Testament, however, inserts Jesus into the stories and says that God and Jesus created everything together. So which part of the Bible is correct about who was involved with creation: the Old or the New Testament?
THE OLD TESTAMENT
Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Isaiah 44:24
Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself.
THE NEW TESTAMENT
John 1:6-10
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
1 Corinthians 8:6
Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom all things are and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and through whom we exist.
This Bible inconsistency is arguably created by differences of theology: the Jews were strict monotheists while Christianity which is Pauline Theology introduced the new idea of a "Trinity," three persons that are also one person. .lol. .i.e
1+1+1=1according to today's Christian theology.
Some Christians try to resolve the inconsistency by saying that references to a single person are consistent with the trinity and so do not contradict later references to two or three persons. The fact remains, though, that the Old Testament never mentions Jesus' involvement in creation and that's rather an important detail to leave out, isn't it?
That's why these Bible verses are inconsistent. Some say that God acted alone when creating the heavens and earth while others say God acted with Jesus to create the heavens and earth. They can't all be right, but they can all be wrong. Is this a legitimate Bible inconsistency or contradiction, or can the various accounts of who created the heavens and the earth be harmonized?
If you think you can resolve this Bible inconsistency, explain how — but your solution cannot add anything new that's not already in the stories and cannot leave out any details that the Bible provides.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

From Porn To Purpose — Only Jesus Could Rescue Her From The Porn Industry! / Pastor Moses Alu Of Bride Assembly Church Lagos / Rules Of Holy Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.