Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Global Sources! Offering The Best B2B Directory For Chinese Suppliers - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Global Sources! Offering The Best B2B Directory For Chinese Suppliers (1862 Views)

Advatages Dye Intermediate B2B Directory / Free Business Directory For Nigeria And More / Add Your Business Details To An Online Wedding Business Directory For Free ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Global Sources! Offering The Best B2B Directory For Chinese Suppliers by lilpoggy2k5(m): 8:27am On Sep 07, 2012
I am often asked about the best B2B directory for finding good Chinese suppliers. I usually say “check out Global Sources (www.globalsources.com)”.

This company offers many free resources for importers (in addition to the ability to search for suppliers). So many resources, that actually buyers might get confused.

I just found a good article with video on their website (www.globalsources.com/ST/Videos/Learn-how-Global-Sources-can-help-you-source-with-more-confidence.htm), which explains how importers can take benefit of their resources. I am reproducing most of it below:

Learn how Global Sources can help you source with more confidence

1. If you want to stay in touch with the latest trends in sourcing, you would be wise to sign up or RSS the following websites that are in the Global Sources family.

At Global Sources’ sister site, www.SmartChinaSourcing.com you will find a lot of great content from sourcing professionals covering topics ranging from paying suppliers to managing QC.

2. There is also a free “Ask the experts” service (www.globalsources.com/SITE/ASK-THE-EXPERTS/Home.htm) where you can send in your specific questions and people like myself will provide feedback and get you pointed in the right direction on issues of China sourcing.

3. I highly recommend the 18 Global Sources e-magazines (www.globalsources.com/SITE/MAGAZINES.HTM) that come out each month, each covering a different industry. Each one is a good tool to get a feel for what products are available in a given industry. The magazine is pretty thick with a lot of content, but I like to flip through to keep an eye on trends and see which suppliers are making which products.

4. It is always a good idea to come to China to hit a trade show and visit suppliers face-to-face, ideally at their factory. But if you are not quite ready to make the flight over, you may be interested to know that Global Sources now hosts a virtual trade show online (www.globalsources.com/TRADESHOW/CSF/INDEX.HTM ). At recent trade shows, Global Sources staff went around to each booth and took pictures for the virtual trade shows online.

5. Speaking of trade shows, on Global Sources.com you will also find a comprehensive list of trade shows (www.globalsources.com/TRADESHOW/CSF/INDEX.HTM) broken down by industry and location. Not only does Global Sources list their own trade shows, but they also list all the other trade shows. If you do come and check out any of the Global Sources trade shows in person, make sure to attend the China sourcing seminar series. It’s free as well.

6. I’d also like to address the term “verified supplier" (www.globalsources.com/SITE/QUALITY.HTM) which you will find online at GlobalSources.com. In my opinion, Global Sources goes out of their way to ensure the suppliers on their website are professional. Global Sources staff even visits some of the factories. But, China is a massive market and things at the factory level can change suddenly. So just because a factory has a high ranking in the star system today, it is not a guarantee that they will be professional tomorrow. But, having said that, if the factory has high ranking with Global Sources, and if they have maintained a booth at the trade show for many years and if they advertise in the Global Sources e-magazines, then there is a much higher likelihood that they will be good suppliers for you. But, as I said, because things can change so quickly, a key manager leaves, the factory moves, staff don’t return from Chinese New Year holiday, raw material pricing goes up, quality goes down. A great supplier today is not a guarantee they will be a great supplier tomorrow. So as buyers, it is our responsibility to conduct due diligence and qualify our vendors.
Re: Global Sources! Offering The Best B2B Directory For Chinese Suppliers by Shadowblaqq(m): 9:06am On Sep 22, 2013
Tanx for this informative piece. Can one import in small quantity from manifacturers listed in globalsources?
Re: Global Sources! Offering The Best B2B Directory For Chinese Suppliers by OliviaThomas: 4:09pm On Mar 14, 2023
I have heard about such platforms, it seems that the website https://spanish.globalsources.com/ is a b2b platform for finding the best suppliers of goods

(1) (Reply)

Machineyard.com.ng, Nigeria's Ist Heavy Equipment Online Classified!!! / conversion of recharge cards glo/mtn to naira cash and withdraw from atm machine / Royal Stallion? Caprice/ Mama Africa Rice @ N9,900

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.