Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 (80444 Views)

Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 / Nigeria Vs Chad:AFCON Qualifier (2 - 0) On 13th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On 19th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Agimor(m): 8:44pm On Sep 08, 2012
Nigeria never cease to amazed their supporters.wonders shall never end.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by barikay: 8:44pm On Sep 08, 2012
Do u pple say is 2-2? Those players shud be tie to a drum and kick in the groin.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by gaboeski(m): 8:44pm On Sep 08, 2012
2-2
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 08, 2012
Our defenders are rubbish...

Yobo needs to retire and let that young guy chelsea bought in january take his position..

We don't need uncles at the back.. Yobo is like 45 or 55..
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by stillme(m): 8:45pm On Sep 08, 2012
Na wa o. 2-2 God help us o
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by tazzus(m): 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
Liberia don score nw makin it 2-2
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Hackman1994: 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
Super eagles dont know how to score cos they are legless..Make keshi just put me 4 d squad and u go see how i will rain goals like burning fire.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by nonyofor(m): 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
Where da hell is Taye taiwo sef him for don convert some free kicks mtcheew anam achikwanu
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by phreakabit(m): 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
Once again, Keshi does it. Destroyed Togo's national team TWICE, Destroyed the Malian national team. . . . and has done it once again. This man has a history of being jealous of foreign based players, and has allowed his jealousy get the better of him on numerous occasions. Honestly I am here counting the cash I just won from my friend, I told him Keshi has always been a looser and that the match will end in a draw. Guess who's smiling? grin

Players keep getting changed for every match. We don't have a team! This is a sure sign of incompetence.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by eruudy(m): 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
77’ – The Liberia President is pumping support for the home team now...
76’ – Almost immediately, Ike Uche is stopped by the Libria goalkeeper and this was after Ahmed Musa had dashed into the Lone Star box but his final shot was too weak to trouble the outstanding Liberia goalie.
75’ – Ahmed Musa in for Victor Moses.
73’ – The Eagles must watch the counter attacks of their hosts, the Lone Star have looked very menacing when they break forward quickly.
72’ – Throw in for Nigeria, before then Emenike had come close but he could not beat the opposing goalie.
70’ – Victor Moses gets a free kick around the Liberia corner area.
72’ – Throw in for Nigeria, before then Emenike had come close but he could not beat the opposing goalie.
66’ – Lone Star deserved their equaliser as they did not stop fighting even after they fell behind through Uche's penalty goal.
70’ – Victor Moses gets a free kick around the Liberia corner area.
66’ – Sekou Oliseh is the scorer after another Enyeama blunder, who really did not have to stary out of his area the way he did.
66’ – GOAL! Liberia 2 Nigeria 2.
61’ – The Eagles are making silly mistakes in the middle and Oboabona back in defence is also still struggling, Liberia are on top of the game now.
60’ – Liberia score but it is overruled for offside.
56’ – But nothing comes out of this dead ball situation.
56’ – Liberia get a free kick around the Eagles box.
53’ – The Liberians are becoming more physical now and Uzoenyi is stretchered off after a two-footed tackle by a defender, but the Malian ref won't penalise the offending player.
52’ – A good shot which crashes against the upright and a grateful Enyeama grabs the rebound.
52’ – Liberia come very close!
49’ – Liberia shoot at goal but it sails over the bar and goal kick by Enyeama.
48’ – Igiebor injured, limps out of the pitch as Liberia attack again.
47’ – The home fans are less noisy than at the start of the game and it is Rafiu Ladipo and his Nigerian Supporters Club who are now dancing and singing as Nigeria lead 2-1.
47’ – Throw in by Osahinwa in his own half.
46’ – Liberia restart the second half.
– However, Victor Moses was involved in the two Eagles goals, while Nosa Igiebor and Emmanuel Emenike have shone. Godfrey Oboabona at right back has struggled though...
– In summary, Nigeria would to take credit for coming back into this game after a worst possible start, they had a good chance to take the lead but Ike Uche failed to make hay and almost from that miss, Liberia went ahead.
45’ – The referee brings the first half to an end.
43’ – Oboabona is injured and he is out of the pitch, but he returns to action almost immediately.
42’ – Liberia change - dangerman Keita is replaced, seems he picked up a serious injury in the course of this game.
41’ – Free kick by the Eagles as Victor Moses is fouled.
40’ – Five more minutes before the interval and it is still Liberia 1, Nigeria 2.
39’ – The pitch is very slippery and the Nigerians are losing their footing on it...
38’ – Close miss by home team but they end up with a corner, which is not utilised.
36’ – A mistake by Yobo in the defence but Egwuekwe saves the Eagles blushes by clearing the danger posed by Liberia.
33’ – But for some poor finishing Nigeria ought to have put this game beyond their hosts already.
33’ – The young ref from Mali has been handling this game very well, credit must really go to him.
32’ – Emenike gets a good chance to increase the Eagles lead, but he misses.
31’ – More than half an hour already played and the frantic pace has slowed down a bit.
29’ – Uzoenyi ought to have passed to a better positioned teammate but he preferred to be selfish and misses another good opening for Nigeria.
28’ – Liberia are fighting to draw level, but in general the game has been mostly played in the middle of the park with very few threats at goal.
26’ – Nigeria's penalty came about after a bad tackle inside the vital area on Victor Moses.
24’ – It is now a balanced game after some real dominance by Nigeria, the battle is now concentrated in the midfield.
22’ – Eagles win a corner after some good work by Chelsea winger Victor Moses.
21’ – Ike Uche should have scored a third goal for Nigeria after beating the entire defence, but somehow he messes up his final shot. What a big miss!!!
18’ – After a shaky start, the Eagles have now taken control of this all-West African clash.
16’ – Uche scores from the penalty spot after an Eagles player is brought down on his way to goal.
16’ – GOAL! Ike Uche scores.
14’ – It is now Liberia 1, Nigeria 1.
14’ – GOAL! Nosa Igiebor for Nigeria.
8’ – The scorer of the Liberia goal is Omega Roberts.
8’ – Liberia have taken a shock lead!
4’ – Ike Uche misses a big chance when he goes clear of the Liberia defence and comes face-to-face with goalkeeper Nathaniel Shermna.
1’ – Kick off by Nigeria.
– Now the national anthems of both teams ring out.
– It is a big result for the Eaglets even before the return leg in calabar in two weeks.
– Nigeria ought to be lifted by the result of the country's U17 team, the Golden Eaglets, who just a few minutes ago dumped their hosts Nigfer 4-1 in a 2013 African Junior Championship qualifier in Niamey.
– The Eagles are wearing their traditional all-green strips with white trimmings, while the Lone Star are sporting all-white with blue strips.
– Liberian President Ellen John Sirleaf has kept to her promise to watch this match and she is at the stadium.
– The SKD Stadium is jammed to the rafters, it’s a full house and you can be sure that the home team will not be lacking in support.
– Liberia: 1.Nathaniel Shermna,2.Solomon Grimes,3.George Grebo,4.Omega Roberts,5.Jimy Dixon,6.Alseny Keita,7.Sekou Jabateh,8.Isaac Pupo,9.Junior Wilson,10.Zah Kranga,11.Tonell Tisdel.
– Subs: Elderson Echiejile, Efe Ambrose, Ahmed Musa, Brown Ideye, Uche Kalu, Henry Uche, Chigozie Agbim.
– Nigeria: Vincent Enyeama – Godfrey Oboabona, Juwon Oshaniwa, Joseph Yobo, Azubuike Egwuekwe, Obiora Nwankwo, Victor Moses, Ike Uche, Ejike Uzoenyi, Nosa Igiebor, Emmanuel Emenike.
– Liberia, on the other, will be led as expected by CSKA Moscow star forward Sekou ‘Oliseh’ Jabateh.
– Eagles coach Stephen Keshi appears to want to go goals against the home team as he has picked Nosa Igiebor ahead of the more defensive Efe Ambrose to replace injured Gabriel Rueben in his midfield.
– Match venue is the Samuel Kanyon Doe Stadium in Monrovia, where already reports have suggested that the bumpy pitch, which was further worsened by heavy rain over the night, could unsettle the star-studded Nigerians.
– Welcome to the MTNFootball.com live coverage of the 2013 AFCON qualifier between hosts Lone Star of Liberia and Nigeria Super Eagles.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by okosodo: 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
goal 4 liberia, they scored 2 goal at once
liberia 4 nigeria 2
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by vokalguy(m): 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
shymexx: Our defenders are rubbish...

Yobo needs to retire and let that young guy chelsea bought in january take his position..

We don't need uncles at the back.. Yobo is like 45 or 55..

what young guy did chelsea sign in january? The only person i know was Gary Cahill
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by lakeside025(m): 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
Phuck chicken abi wetin dem D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ call them,,so D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣ playing draw with Liberia
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by toluxa1(m): 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
Today is Goals gallore day in Africa
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
The super vultures may win.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2012
Hackman1994: Super eagles dont know how to score cos they are legless..Make keshi just put me 4 d squad and u go see how i will rain goals like burning fire.
Ok
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Zhul001(m): 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2012
Nigeria 2-2 Liberia (87')
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2012
vokal_guy:

what young guy did chelsea sign in january? The only person i know was Gary Cahill

We signed Omeruo or something, and loaned him to Ado den haag... I heard he played for our under-17 or something..
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by toluxa1(m): 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2012
phreakabit: Once again, Keshi does it. Destroyed Togo's national team TWICE, Destroyed the Malian national team. . . . and has done it once again. This man has a history of being jealous of foreign based players, and has allowed his jealousy get the better of him on numerous occasions. Honestly I am here counting the cash I just won from my friend, I told him Keshi has always been a looser and that the match will end in a draw. Guess who's smiling? grin

Players keep getting changed for every match. We don't have a team! This is a sure sign of incompetence.

Talk about counting your chicks before hen fvck sef
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2012
Hackman1994: Super eagles
Vultures dont know how to score cos they are legless..Make keshi just put me 4 d squad and u go see how i will rain goals like burning fire.
angry angry angry angry
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by vicoloni(m): 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2012
Liberia 2 - Nigeria 2
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by oloriooko(m): 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2012
I wonder how some people talk, they do more lips moving with very little brain searching.

Most of you guys crucifying eagles are ignorant that there are no more small teams in football now. These guys have done so well to have gone ahead in this match and all some people can say is rubbish

I think Keshi is doing a great job.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by seunlayi(m): 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
they av tried their best which is not enough.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
66’ – Sekou Oliseh is the scorer after another Enyeama blunder, who really did not have to stary out of his area the way he did.

^^^Why do Nigerians like playing for other countries in Africa? The Oliseh guy should be playing for Nigeria....

And Enyeama is rubbish, he needs to retire..
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
oloriooko: I wonder how some people talk, they do more lips moving with very little brain searching.

Most of you guys crucifying
eagles
vultures are ignorant that there are no more small teams in football now. These guys have done so well to have gone ahead in this match and all some people can say is rubbish

I think Keshi is doing a great job.
Jeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz. . . . . . Over 1200 people viewing this right now!!!!! Make dis guy no fall Nigerians hand now. Why wasn't Mikel invited? Well, I pray and hope we make it through to d Nations Cup this time around! Nigeria football and Economy is in shambles! ! !
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by phreakabit(m): 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
vokal_guy:

Kenneth Omeruo.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by doctokwus: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
WHo has ever rated Keshi to be a gud coach.I still advocate for Sunday Oliseh if we must av a nigerian coach,Keshi just like Siasia neither has d technical or managerial ability to lead d super eagles.Besides wt Goodluck's badluck in sports,we need only d top best or we wi cry again
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
Is supersport not showing the match?
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by andyanders: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
phreakabit: Once again, Keshi does it. Destroyed Togo's national team TWICE, Destroyed the Malian national team. . . . and has done it once again. This man has a history of being jealous of foreign based players, and has allowed his jealousy get the better of him on numerous occasions. Honestly I am here counting the cash I just won from my friend, I told him Keshi has always been a looser and that the match will end in a draw. Guess who's smiling? grin

You said it all. Keshi should even go from there and meet his family in the USA and not to come back to 9ija
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by ortopazz(m): 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2012
Game
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2012
Why is that people start remembering Yobo's age, the absence of foreign player, Enyeama's ridiculous goalkeeping when we're losing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Pita Taufatofu Shines At Tokyo Olympic As He Appears Without Shirt (Pix / Asisat Oshoala Buys A House For Her Parents (Photos) / Andy Ruiz Jr Body Transformation, Warns Anthony Joshua (PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.