Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 (80415 Views)

Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 / Nigeria Vs Chad:AFCON Qualifier (2 - 0) On 13th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On 19th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by phreakabit(m): 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
shymexx:

I saw the commentary just like everyone else... This is the link: http://www.mtnfootball.com/africa/african-tournaments/2013-afcon-qualifiers/matches/play-by-play/sep-2012/08-liberia-v-nigeria.html

I guess the coach was trying to play save by selecting the so-called, "experienced players." Even the best coach in the world would have done that - but you can't fault his tactics because they had loads of chances to kill off the game in the first half... They played attacking football with two strikers(Emenike and Nosa), and two vicious goal scoring wingers(Uche and Victor Moses) - so his tactics was spot on...

Uche as a winger and nosa in front of goal?! Yet you say his tactics were spot on? Come one! Everyone can see the flaw here. Uche isn't strong or fast enough to run the wings! Except of course we were playing Barca style of play,where everyone touches the ball there by making it run for you and you just do the distribution. I doubt Uche can play on the wings.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by ceejay80s(m): 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
onatisi:
yes sorry for my earlier comments i just read it now,those guys really tried .but why are nigerians complaining ?we have away goals advantage and we have shown that we can score in away matches so why are ppl complaining about keshi?nigerians are never contented or satisfied ,even cameroon was beaten by cape verde in cape verde with all their eto.thumbs up to keshi and the boys they did us proud
what are u talking? Dem take head to head swear 4 us? Instead of dem to win clean sheets dem dey find goal aggrigate, head to head, home advantage etc. We no get team again, dis one no be coach fault
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by phreakabit(m): 9:57pm On Sep 08, 2012
Did anyone honestly expect to win with this team list ?

Enyeama 1
Oboabona, Oshaniwa Yobo 6 Egwueke 4

Nwankwo Uzoenyi

Moses Uche

Igiebor Emenike
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by AbiolaMM(m): 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
There is still hope...
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by ceejay80s(m): 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
shymexx:

I saw the commentary just like everyone else... This is the link: http://www.mtnfootball.com/africa/african-tournaments/2013-afcon-qualifiers/matches/play-by-play/sep-2012/08-liberia-v-nigeria.html

I guess the coach was trying to play save by selecting the so-called, "experienced players." Even the best coach in the world would have done that - but you can't fault his tactics because they had loads of chances to kill off the game in the first half... They played attacking football with two strikers(Emenike and Nosa), and two vicious goal scoring wingers(Uche and Victor Moses) - so his tactics was spot on...
remind me next time to look up for "experienced players" in my dictionary. U CALL THOSE BOYS EXPERIENCED? guy, we no get team again
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by xwolverine: 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
66’ – Sekou Oliseh is the scorer after another Enyeama blunder, who really did not have to stary out of his area the way he did.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by chidexy(m): 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
1025: it is only in movies will a player that sees games week in, week out at chelsea will be dropped for players that i do not know their names. we keep doing the same thing everyday and expect different results. we are watching.

Mikel asked to be excused from the game, because it was initially scheduled to be played on artificial turf. And he's been advised against playing on such surfaces by his doctor. He'll probably feature in the return leg in Calabar/Enugu in October
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by honeric01(m): 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
ceejay80s: what are u talking? Dem take head to head swear 4 us? Instead of dem to win clean sheets dem dey find goal aggrigate, head to head, home advantage etc. We no get team again, dis one no be coach fault

You mean Liberia came to sell kolanut on their stadium with their president watching them on the stands? please remind me again, who do you think the super eagles are? the Spanish team or what?
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by ngnetbiz: 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
phreakabit: [size=18pt]I ask again. where are these players:

Mikel Obi

Adeleye

Osaze

Joel Obi

Ogbukei

Haruna Lukman

Carl Ikeme[/size]

We are mentioning eagles,you are mentioning chicken littles,what has mikel done so far in this horrible national team,osaze is getting outdated,ogbuke among others can't hold on to there spots in the foot games
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by honeric01(m): 10:01pm On Sep 08, 2012
phreakabit: Did anyone honestly expect to win with this team list ?

Enyeama 1
Oboabona, Oshaniwa Yobo 6 Egwueke 4

Nwankwo Uzoenyi

Moses Uche

Igiebor Emenike

And what is wrong with the list? was it not this same list that scored 2 goals?
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by ceejay80s(m): 10:05pm On Sep 08, 2012
Goodluck jonathan just waste fuel for plane to come see these boys when they were training, he suppose take all of dem go firing squad and shoot dem
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by phreakabit(m): 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2012
ngnetbiz:

We are mentioning eagles,you are mentioning chicken littles,what has mikel done so far in this horrible national team,osaze is getting outdated,ogbuke among others can't hold on to there spots in the foot games

Read my post again. . . Then read your post again. You don't have to reply every post you see. You'd end up making a fool of yourself. Would you prefer the guys I mentioned of which 90% have all played Champions league and Europa league football OR The rag tag home based players you have now? Okay I do mistake, maybe I suppose write Yekini, SiaSia and Dodo mayana for the list so that you go happy.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by phreakabit(m): 10:07pm On Sep 08, 2012
honeric01:

And what is wrong with the list? was it not this same list that scored 2 goals?

I dare you to file out this team against CIV. The worst kind of liar is one who lies to himself.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by ceejay80s(m): 10:09pm On Sep 08, 2012
chidexy:

Mikel asked to be excused from the game, because it was initially scheduled to be played on artificial turf. And he's been advised against playing on such surfaces by his doctor. He'll probably feature in the return leg in Calabar/Enugu in October
what is mikel? He is no better than those ones wey play 2day. How many goal he don score since his career?

Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by dove2012ng(m): 10:20pm On Sep 08, 2012
Thank you jare. Haba!
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Vongs(m): 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
Wilfem: Liberia equalizes 2-2 now
super chicken!
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by onatisi(m): 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
phreakabit:

Uche as a winger and nosa in front of goal?! Yet you say his tactics were spot on? Come one! Everyone can see the flaw here. Uche isn't strong or fast enough to run the wings! Except of course we were playing Barca style of play,where everyone touches the ball there by making it run for you and you just do the distribution. I doubt Uche can play on the wings.
please are u a football coach ?just asking
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by OMG1: 10:34pm On Sep 08, 2012
Sack Keshi now and bring in Sunday Oliseh. He is a qualified coach with the biggest uefa coaching certificate.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Chanchit: 10:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
So if HRH GEJ no go visit them, na 2-0 them for loose... Anyway, we will complete the job here.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Chanchit: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
OMG!:
Sack Keshi now and bring in Sunday Oliseh. He is a qualified coach with the biggest uefa coaching certificate.

Oliseh is an arrogant bascard, and temperal mental person, which makes him a bad step in the wrong direction, cos i can assure you he would xchange blows with some of the players... He also rebelled against Yekini in france '98 by agreeing with some players, not to pass Yekini the balls, and he was the Captain.

I will even prefer useless Christian Chukwu to Oliseh.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by vislabraye(m): 11:16pm On Sep 08, 2012
@OMG. Na certificate we go chop? The problem with our team is lack of continuity.
Abi did Berti Vogts not have coaching certificate

Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 08, 2012
Chanchit:

Oliseh is an arrogant bascard, and temperal mental person, which makes him a bad step in the wrong direction, cos i can assure you he would xchange blows with some of the players... He also rebelled against Yekini in france '98 by agreeing with some players, not to pass Yekini the balls, and he was the Captain.

Uche Okechukwu was the captain at France '98, while Amokachie was his vice. I don't know where you got all the points you made about Oliseh conspiring with certain players not to pass to Yekini. Yekini was not even in the first eleven in 1998 team. I agree with you when it comes to Oliseh's temperament.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
vislabraye: @OMG. Na certificate we go chop? The problem with our team is lack of continuity.
Abi did Berti Vogts not have coaching certificate

There was no point sacking Siasia in the first place. If you looked at Siasia's record, he deserved to continue. We tend to like quick fixes all the time. Westernhoff did not succeed for four years. But with time, he got it right at last.

Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by buchai: 11:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
Syenite: 2-2 in Monrovia is only a fair result. It's now advantage Nigeria.Home advantage counts alot in Africa.No away team in Africa won their game 2day. Apart from Nigeria d only other away teams dat drew were Tunisia , it ended 2-2 against S/Leone in free town & Togo 1-1 against Gabön in Libreville. Zambia 1-0 Uganda, Gab 1-1 Togo, Ghana 2-0 Malawi, Cape Verde 2-0 Cameroun, S/leone 2-2 Tunisia, Mali 3- 0 Botswana, Sudan 5-3 Ethiopia, Central Afr Rep 1-0 Burkina Faso, CIV 4-2 Senegal, Liberia 2-2 Nigeria
Good observation, ops u just took d analysis from my mind. Nigeria only need a goaless draw atleast to be able to make it to the Nation's Cup final. The goaless draw looks so easy to me but they have to double their efforts cos we cannot entertain excuses for not qualifying.

Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 08, 2012
sureboy1: Clearly i dont believe Keshi is any better than Siasia. Cos
even siasia never lost any match, yet we didn't qualify for the last nations cup and the eagles scored more goals under him....Siasia seems technically better in my judgement. If he has been
left alone the team would have been better.
I use to think I was d only intelligent nigerian untill I saw this
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by bisikeys: 11:54pm On Sep 08, 2012
I clearly cant see this coach(KESHI)as one with direction. All the matches he has played so far, he has used different teams and different formations. At this stage he does not have a first eleven..... I fear for Nigeria.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by brosnan68: 12:14am On Sep 09, 2012
Nice Game!
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by phreakabit(m): 12:20am On Sep 09, 2012
Chanchit:

Oliseh is what we need. A new generation coach who actually went to coaching school. We can really do with his temperament too. Though a Barcelona fan, I admire Mourinho's temper as a coach. . . Thats why his boys are always up right and ready to die kill you in the field.

BTW, Oliseh is the MOST qualified and up to date Nigerian coach at the moment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Croatian President Stormed Stadium To Watch Croatia Vs Russia Match / Asisat Oshoala Buys A House For Her Parents (Photos) / Pita Taufatofu Shines At Tokyo Olympic As He Appears Without Shirt (Pix