Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) (23694 Views)

Ways To Please Your Wife (islamic Perspective) / How To Deal With Emotional Challenges And Hardships / An Islamic Perspective On The Illuminati (A Must Read by All Muslims) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by ShehuAba(m): 11:25am On Sep 07, 2012
I begin in the name of Allah, praising Him with His most beautiful Names and Attributes. I ask Allah (the Exalted) to forgive me for every mistake I have done in my life. I pray to Allah to accept every deed I do in His Name, and Iseek refuge in Allah from His punishment and from the whisperings of shaytan. And I alsoask Allah to bless the Messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), his Family (may Allah be pleased with them), and Companions (may Allah be pleasedwith them).
You are here because of a reason;and I know that you are in need of help, just as I am in need of help. However, our way of seekingthis help is maybe different. But I hope that by the end of this article, you will be able to understand what my message to you is.

You have been in deep grief and depression; you are going through many trials, you say that you are losing hope, and you admit that you’re close to losing your Iman also. What you believe is that your trials are the most severe from all, and none is suffering like you. But is this true?

Oh dear brother, and sister in Islam; I will tell you the following because I love you for the sake of Allah only. I will reveal to you threesecrets which not many have discovered; and those who do know these secrets are the ones that truly suffered in life, but they gained Wisdom from Allah (the Exalted) in return for their patience; and now you see them practicing the knowledge they gained with true and sincere Iman/Faith in Allah. I pray to Allah, that he bless us with the best of Wisdom and Iman, and may Allah make us one of those who are most patient.

Now let me tell you the three secrets, that can change your life to better; but this is only if you practice the knowledge correctly (insha’Allah):

First secret: is that, there is alwayssomeone suffering much more than you, going through much bigger trials than you; and that person’s pain is much more severe than yours. You might not want to believe this, but you should; and I will therefore adviseyou with the Messenger’s (peace and blessing be upon him) advice,he said:
“Look at those who stand at a lower level than you but don’t look at those who stand at a higher level than you, for this would make the favours (bestowed upon you by Allah) insignificant (in your eyes). [Sahih Muslim, Book 42, Number 7070]
What is meant with this is that whenever you are sad because of someone having better looks thanyou, being wealthier, or healthier, you should rather look at those who are given less such favours than you, because this is the way that will grant you a better understanding of your situation and you will appreciate Allah’s favours more. Greed comes out ofenvy, and they are both very dangerous selfish desires that willdestroy you completely if you give up into them; therefore do not wish to be better than someone except in two cases:

” First: A man whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it righteously.
And second: A man whom Allah has given wisdom/ knowledge (of the Qur’an and Sunnah), and he acts according to it and teaches it to others.” [Bukhari: Volume 9 Book 89 #255]

This does not mean to envy, but to wish to be great as these two types of people.

Now let me explain a few things more before I reveal the second secret.
Never wish to have more than what Allah wills to give you; never be unsatisfied with what Allah gave you; and never be ungrateful, because Allah might take away even the little that you have, and then it will be a time of depression and anxiety for you. You will wish at that time to have what you have now, but Allah (theExalted) will act according to His Perfect Wisdom, He may return that to you, or He may leave you as you are.

But remember, this: If you are content with the favours Allah gave you (such as: wealth, looks, health, etc.), and if you are grateful for them; then Allah (the Exalted) will bless you with much more favours than those. You will then see the true Mercy of Allah (the Exalted) and only then you will know that grieving and worrying about the things you don’t have is a big waste of time. Your situation and mood will change and you will be much happier, and peace will follow youwherever you will go.On the authority of ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him), who said:
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) reported that his Lord said: “O man! Although you have enough for your living, you demand that which makes you insolent. In fact;you are neither content with little, nor satisfied with much. Certainly, if you get sound in your body, safe in your life, and living having sufficient food for one day, (then) anything else is unimportant.” [Ibn ‘Adiyy and El-Bayhaqi]

Keep in mind also the following two Ahadeeth of Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him).
To be completed in Part 2

38 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by ShehuAba(m): 11:28am On Sep 07, 2012
He Is successful who has acceptedIslam, who has been provided with sufficient for his want and been made contented by Allah with what He has given him. [Reported by Muslim in his “Sahîh” chapter of “alms” (hadith 2426), At-Tirmidi in his “Sunan” chapter of “asceticism” (hadith 2348), Ibn Mâjah in his “Sunan” chapter of “asceticism” (hadith 4138) and Ahmad in his “Musnad” (hadith 6572) from the hadith of `Abd Allâh Ibn `Amr Ibn Al-`Âs]

And, “The one among you who wakes up secure in his property, healthy in his body and has his food for the day, it is as if the whole world were brought to him”. [Bukhaari in al-Adab al-Mufrad (no. 300) and by al-Tirmidhi in al-Sunan (2346). He said: It is hasan ghareeb]

Second secret: is that, whatever is meant for you will come to occur, but whatever is not then it will never occur. You must accept Allah’s decree, whatever it is; but if you don’t, then prepare yourselffor depression, anxiety, and sickness. You will never have peace in mind unless you accept whatever Allah has destined for you that happened in the past and whatever to happen in the future. Know that the more you accept Allah’s Will, the more peace He will send in your heart.

If you accept the trial that Allah sent you, while knowing that it is a test for your patience; then you should struggle to be one of the best of those who are patient. TheMessenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said:
“The best of faith is patience and magnanimity.” [Ahmad, Sahih]

The way to attain this patience is to know and believe that the trial which afflicted you is for a good purpose. But what should calm you the most is to know that you are afflicted with this trial becauseAllah loves you. Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “The greatest reward goes together with the greatest affliction. When Allah Almighty loves people, He tests them. All who are content (with Allah’s decree) receive His good pleasure.Those who are angry receive His anger.” [Tirmidhi]

Allah (the Exalted) is testing you tobring you closer to Himself, to protect you from misguidance; and with that to secure a place foryou near Him in the Hereafter (i.e. to grant you Paradise). Therefore you should not grieve, nor be anxious; because you know that Allah, the King of the Heavens and Earth loves you. This will grant tranquility to your soul. Your mindwill be in peace and your heart likewise. So practice patience, struggle to be one of the best of those who are patient; because patience is the best sign of Iman.

Third secret: is that, Allah (the Exalted) is testing you with this trial to prove what you really deserve. This life is a big test; everything was planned before we even came to existence. Therefore your trial is also a part of Allah’s Master Plan, so you should not oppose it.

Allah (the Exalted) clearly says to us in the Glorious Qur’an why we are tested. He (the Exalted) says: And Allah has created the heavensand the earth with truth, in order that every soul may be rewarded for what it has earned; and they shall not be wronged. [The Glorious Qur’an, 45:22]

Only Allah knows all the reasons why the trials which afflicted you had to be part of His Plan, but what you must know is that this trial will be a great evidence for you against shaytan in the Hereafter, however you must show patience. That’s the only way to pass this test.

Shaytan will have nothing to speak against you on the Day of Judgment if you pass this test. You should know also that shaytan’s target is the righteous Muslim, not the hypocrite or the disbeliever. They are already misguided, but you are on the straight path; therefore, his main target is you.

This is your enemy that wants to see you misguided, so during your test he tries to misguide you in all kinds of ways. He whispers and whispers with the hope to make you lose your Faith. He never stops, until you defeat him. And when you will defeat him, this is the time when he will lose hope; and he will not bother you anymore. You can win against him, but this will be only when you’ll show true patience and sincere Iman. You will never achieve this unless you gain correct Knowledge of Islam, and Taqwa.

Taqwa is not just fear of Allah; it means also to love Allah, and to dosincere deeds. You will never havesincere deeds, unless you purify your intention. And the pure intention is to do every deed only for the sake of Allah. What you should know also is that you muststruggle not to sin. Sins will not only decrease your Iman, but they will also destroy you. Know that you can’t be sinless, no human was and will ever be; but what counts is the struggle you make not to sin, and the repentance youmake in case you give up to sin. Remember the following Hadith ofthe Messenger of Allah (peace andblessings be upon him):

To be continued in Part 3

16 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by ShehuAba(m): 11:30am On Sep 07, 2012
“When a slave (a person) commitsa sin (an evil deed) a black dot is dotted on his heart. Then if that person gives up that evil deed (sin), begs Allah to forgive him, and repents, then his heart is cleared (from that heart covering dot); but if he repeats the evil deed (sin), then that covering is increased till his heart is completely covered with it. And this is Ar-Ranthat Allah mentioned(in the Quran),“Nay! but on their hearts is the Ar-Ran (covering of evil deeds and sins) which they used to earn” (Qur’an 83:14)” [Tirmidhi]

You are not alone; if you give up to Allah, Allah will guide you. If youoppose His Plan and become angry, then you will earn the Anger of Allah; and therefore you’ll end up misguided. But remember, if you repent, and submit to Allah’s will; then peace and happiness will follow you wherever you will go. It’s not easyto achieve this, but with correct knowledge and Iman, you will attain the patience you need to pass the test.

And finally, I will advise you with the following:
Remember to always seek authentic knowledge. Dive deep inthe ocean of knowledge, and collect every pearl that you come across. Strive to not be a hypocrite, by acting upon the knowledge you gain. Let the Qur’an be in your right hand, and the Sunnah in your left; let Allah fillyour heart with His Love and Light; let Allah bless you with the Hikmah/Wisdom; and let Allah guide you on this path of Islam. Know your purpose in life, and donot rush in judging something. Only Allah can judge, you can only assume. If you have to judge then make sure it’s based upon firm and authentic evidences. Be truthful when you speak, and do not speak ignorantly about something or someone without knowledge. Know that whoever judges you, Allah will judge him; whoever speaks without knowingyou is assuring his place in hell. You should forgive those who hurt you in the past, but if you can’t forgive; then do not bother yourself with them, and let Allah (the Exalted) judge them. Put your complete trust in Allah (the Exalted), and depend upon Allah and rely upon Him only, not upon people. Do your best, and Allah will guide you; worship Allah alone, and He will forgive you; stayaway from sins, and Allah will raise your rank; and fear and remember Allah wherever you go, because if you forget that Allah is watching you constantly, then youwill end up being ignorant and sinning. Learn from mistakes, and don’t hate people; but hate their actions. If you are sick, know that after every hardship there is ease;Allah (the Exalted) says: So verily, with the hardship, there is relief, Verily, with the hardship, there is relief. [Qur’an, 94:5]

To end this article, remember the following Hadith of the Messengerof Allah (peace and blessings be upon him):
The happiness of the son of Adamdepends on his being content with what Allah has decreed for him, and the misery of the son of Adam results from his failure to pray Istikhara, and the misery of the son of Adam results from in his discontent with what Allah hasdecreed for him. [Tirmidhi; classed as Saheeh by al-Haakim, 1/699, and al-Dhahabi agreed with him. It was classed as Hasan by al-Haafiz ibn Hajar in Fath al-Baari, 11/184]]

16 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by maclatunji: 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2012
^I just want you to know I read your article and find it very inspiring and enlightening.

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by Psylas(m): 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2012
maclatunji: ^I just want you to know I read your article and find it very inspiring and enlightening.
embarassed
Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by Psylas(m): 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2012
maclatunji: ^I just want you to know I read your article and find it very inspiring and enlightening.
Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by ismhab(m): 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2012
Allah ya saka da alkhairi.

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by mizzyboy007: 5:43pm On Sep 08, 2012
Omo....this thing long oh!!! "Yawns!!!" Plenty talk joor....

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by lauyanAbuja: 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
@godjone, Islam is peace, Boko Haram is not part of Islam. Even though it seems you are a lost & wandering soul, give Islam a chance, do research & studies on the religion of peace, then u may be salvaged. Remember: knowledge is power. The wise ones seek knowledge, not condemnation. Beware, be awake. Don't wallow in darkness.

8 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by busar(m): 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2012
jazaakumullahu khayr,bro.
Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by Donkunze: 6:01pm On Sep 08, 2012
[b][/b][color=#000000][/color]
Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by abduliik: 6:09pm On Sep 08, 2012
Never judge a religion by its followers but with the scripture that guides that religion. This medium is for enlightenment and not for sarcasm and doubting Thomases. When anyone drops a topic please respect and appreciate that person's effort. If you want to know what the Qur'an says about violence get a copy and read so that you can understand.

2 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by winnerstillers: 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2012
a lot of non muslims are scared to go near the quran especially in the north.
one almajiri or even some educated muslims see it with you, you are finished
abduliik: Never judge a religion by its followers but with the scripture that guides that religion. This medium is for enlightenment and not for sarcasm and doubting Thomases. When anyone drops a topic please respect and appreciate that person's effort. If you want to know what the Qur'an says about violence get a copy and read so that you can understand.

6 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by maclatunji: 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2012
Type good words or be silent.
Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2012
Thanks for the reminder brother.

Having read quite much about handling trials the Islamic way, alhamdulilah, I've been finding succour in Qur'an and the Prophet's examples.

Last year, my wife had 2 miscarriages and an auto-accident, and she was somehow distraught and muttered 'but we worship God'. I found that very annoying and told 'if Prophet Mohammed(SAW) could lose children in his lifetime, who are we to say we worship God and don't expect any misfortune. After all, we don't do up to 1/1000 of Prophet's worship' I told her never to utter that again and was visibly angry at her. Today, we are proud parent of a baby girl, in addition to many other good things that have happened to us this year.

May almighty Allah not lay upon us burden more than we can bear. I think a good knowledge of Islamic teaching can be very soothing in hard times.

14 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by olat4cash(m): 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2012
10k for dis post I really love it.May Almighty Allah bless us all.pls is there a way of uploading an audio file? If yes I av an audio file I will lyk 2 share with all Muslim Humma.pls reply ASAP

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by bolayod(m): 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2012
jazaakumullahu khayr,brother.
Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by ocholiogoh: 6:56pm On Sep 08, 2012
kissTnx bro cos i've learnt to be happy with my condition,.content wit wat i have and ready to face every trial from Allah cos He knows me(my situations ) more than me.
May Alla reward. cryTnx bro cos i've learnt to be happy with my condition,.content wit wat i have and ready to face every trial from Allah cos He knows me(my situations ) more than me.
May Alla reward.
Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by pheliciti: 7:13pm On Sep 08, 2012
Thank bro, may Allah bless you for this. For those with negative comments, why don't you just ignore and move on? That's obviously easier than spreading hateful messages. The piece was not abusive and directed to a class of people. If was not addressed to you, why should you troll on it?
Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by dont8(m): 7:33pm On Sep 08, 2012
''Thank God I met Islam before meeting muslims''

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by TBD(m): 7:34pm On Sep 08, 2012
Alhamulilah jazaka allahu khairan may almighty Allah increase ur knowledge n wisdom. Amen
Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by Zulele: 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2012
May Allah bless you for wrting this,may he bless us too for reading it.... May Allah grant us his mercies,bless us with his blessings so we can achieve multiple success and forgives us of our wrong deeds

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by rbjimoh: 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2012
Allah decrees a Master Plan for every son of Adam 5 months before each of us was born. That Plan includes our lifespan measure of wealth, our fates, e.t.c . If Allah blesses you with a son and He caused him to die at infancy, you'll grieve and ask why Allah took your son. But would you have preferred your son to live to adulthood but become mad or a murderer? Your preference of course would be that he died at infancy . But Allah knew that the first misfortune is better than the latter for you, but you are human and have no way of knowing. He created us and He knows what is best for us. As Sons of Man, we are not able to know what the future holds for us. As we are ignorant of the complex dynamics of what goes within us( our body system) , we also do not know so many things about what happens to us. So, be pleased with and accept whatever fate befalls you. Thank Allah for everything. Seek His forgiveness for your sins. Ask Him to give you persevering countenance in the face of tribulations..

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by reloboy(m): 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2012
Wow, what a great piece.....Keep it up
Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by olawalebabs(m): 8:07pm On Sep 08, 2012
Allah ja zamani OP, just got a relief from a challenge am facing now.
Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by Kuzzey(m): 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
Jazakallahu khairan
Re: How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) by Ramcie(f): 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2012
Jazakallahu Khairan OP. May Allah increase your knowledge .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Islam Cleric ‘Performs Miracle’ On A Physically-Challenged Lady In A Mosque / Pregnant Muslim Woman Attacked In Paris, Loses Baby / How Muhammad Was Violating The Quran With Impunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.