Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production (17387 Views)

Just In: “I Will Kill More Igbos To Save The Country” – Buhari In Bbc Hausa. / We Will Kill All Muslims In Niger Delta-militant Group Warns / 1,000 Naira Note: Will there be inflation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Genius100: 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2012
Nigerians are illiterates. Did you guys not watch the video? OBASANJO DID NOT SAY N5000 NOTE WILL KILL PRODUCTION. He said the CBN governor just focusing on curbing inflation will kill production...
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by chucky234(m): 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2012
ifihearam: Obasanjo does no longer have control over GEJ hence he resigned as the chairman of pdp's BOT.

@topic

I wonder what's wrong with CBN,they can't even sell their product well,I have never seen such a useless governor in my life. They did not even inform stakeholders before running to a conclusion,the media was kept out from it and to make it worse,the families of the 3 women to appear on the notes where not also consulted.

The deputy director of cuurency stated yesterday that the main reason of its introduction is as a store value and not for transaction since nigerians prefer storing the dollars,she also pointed out that the one thousand naira note has been counterfeited because we get it from the ATM,can u beat that....

To add more salt to injuries,my presido has approved it.
I am laughing in Engrigbo,your presido's brain is ailing and need surgery in a German hospital.

LMAO
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by chucky234(m): 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2012
Genius100: Nigerians are illiterates. Did you guys not watch the video? Obasanjo did not say N5000 note will kill production. He said the CBN governor just focusing on curbing inflation will kill production...
Who is the illiterate here,whats the difference between the CBN governor and the N5000?
Mumu Sanusi said the introduction of N5000 will curb inflation and help the naira,if OBJ say SLS focusing on curbing inflation will kill production he simply mean the introduction of the controversial N5000 note will kill production.

I am sure you are a product of Umukoro University,Igbobi town

LWKMD
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Classicalman(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2012
John311: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Thursday pitched his tent with ordinary Nigerians to condemn the introduction of a new N5,000 note into the economy, saying the introduction of the N5,000 note would kill production and affect small businesses negatively.

Obasanjo, who spoke at a roundtable advocacy forum organised by the Institute of Directors, Nigeria, in Lagos, condemned the approach of the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Lamido Sanusi.

Olufamous.com gathered that Obasanjo insisted that the manner in which Sanusi is fighting inflation by removing money from circulation was improper.

While speaking on the cost of doing business in the country, Obasanjo called on stakeholders and government agencies to rise up to the challenge.

He said some observers had suggested that the Vision 2020 blueprint was somewhat of an ambitious agenda, which was unrealisable considering the daunting challenges confronting businesses in the country.

Obasanjo said the 2012 annual report of the International Finance Corporation and the World Bank showed that a record number of African countries took decisive steps to encourage more local entrepreneurs to come into the formal economy over the past 12 years but Nigeria was nowhere to be found.

He said, “Across the continent, 15 countries lowered barriers to entry for new businesses, 23 facilitated access to credit, and seven made it easier to pay taxes. Nigeria is not in any of these leagues.

“In its 2008 report, Nigeria ranked 108 out of 178 countries and in the space of four years, we rank 137 out of 183 countries measured. This is a damning report on our business environment and, therefore, calls for more concerted efforts by various stakeholders on how to ensure that this trend is reversed and the Nigeria business environment is made more conducive for investments and less costly for businesses to thrive," he said.

"We cannot aim for 2020 if we do not halt the downward spiral,” Obasanjo stressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_FyVqdDl3Q

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/07/n5000-note-will-kill-production-says-obasanjo/
For the 1st time in several years, i am proud of the oldman for saying the truth.
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Genius100: 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2012
chucky234: Who is the illiterate here,whats the difference between the CBN governor and the N5000?
Mumu Sanusi said the introduction of N5000 will curb inflation and help the naira,if OBJ say SLS focusing on curbing inflation will kill production he simply mean the introduction of the controversial N5000 note will kill production.

I am sure you are a product of Umukoro University,Igbobi town

LWKMD

Now I understand why black people are at the bottom of the totem pole. Coming on Nairaland has really proven to me that most Nigerians have a very low IQ. Watch the video again. First, Sanusi NEVER said introduction of N5000 will curb inflation. Second, OBJ said, Apart from the N5000 note, what else is SLS focusing on. He then said, he is being told that SLS is focusing on killing inflation. He said, that was good but IF ALL SLS FOCUSES ON IS KILLING INFLATION, THEN PRODUCTION WILL SUFFER. Guy, watch the video again, and stop exposing your ignorance...
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Rick9(m): 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2012
I miss. Charles C. Soludo.
Sanusi will be punished. Sobbs
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by hillsate: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2012
steph7: Even obasanjo dat didn't go to a university is sharper than sanusi, sanusi should go and ask harvard to return his school fees, he obviously wasted his time going to school.5000 naira note indeed

Which Harvard are you talking about. Sanusi went to ABU Zaria then to Sudan for his postgrad degree where he studied sharia. I do not think a harvard graduate would go the Sanusi way.
Moreso I do not think the policy will sail through because the Federal Executive Council cleverly said they are yet take a decision on that.
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Paulonminyi: 5:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
I no dat presido wil nt hear bt afta it all d CBN governor,wil b d only credable candidate 4rm d north 2 run 2015 presidency wit him.d end is cmin
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Rossikk(m): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2012
Rich4god: Why do i alwaz have the feeling that majority of our leaders are being controled by some foriegn agents.

Probably because they are?
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Saintparis1: 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2012
Whoever came up with this 5000 note idea
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by VUVUZELA10: 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2012
Thank you, sir.
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Danoko: 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2012
steph7: Even obasanjo dat didn't go to a university is sharper than sanusi, sanusi should go and ask harvard to return his school fees, he obviously wasted his time going to school.5000 naira note indeed

o boy baba go skool 4 otta him get dgree 4 predictology.u where u skool?
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by wengerjay(m): 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ebora owu has spoken,the spirit of wickedness in both jonathan and sanusi must treble.
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by pressworld: 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2012
not only obasanjo knows that it is not a success move the country need something better than this
http://www.lakotai.com/blog/2012/08/25/anti-5000-note-4-reasons-why-it-isnt-a-success-move/
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by wengerjay(m): 6:51pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ebora owu has spoken,the spirit of wickedness in both Jonathan and Sanusi must tremble.
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Godsave9ja: 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2012
If I were GEJ about this N5000 note, I would seize the N40b and use it for power and infrastructures. cry
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by kassimdandago: 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
We have to put hands on deck and fight this evil.
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2012
femmy2010: Hope they listen and abort their planned introduction of the N5000 mote .

Unfortunately its been approved by GEJ and his team.
We are waiting for Nay and Aye men in NASS to add their seal on it!
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Remii(m): 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2012
Obj is always good at critizising when out of power, who introduced N1000? Who increased fuel price more than any govt else? Answer is Obj.
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by ddippset(m): 8:00pm On Sep 07, 2012
this means that faruk lawan's cap alone will accommodate 1 MILLION. damn!
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Remii(m): 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2012
ddippset: this means that faruk lawan's cap alone will accommodate 1 MILLION. damn!

Those guys don't take Naira, they take dollars, pounds and euros..
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Proflakes: 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2012
How i wish d highest denomination we ve is 50naira, dis country would ve bin corruption-free, cashless policy wil make too much sense. Sls shoutin cashless policy and still bringing in 5000naira note, so contradicting.
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by ddippset(m): 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2012
Remii:

Those guys don't take Naira, they take dollars, pounds and euros..
1 million dollars.
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by bigmaut: 11:03pm On Sep 07, 2012
alaoeri: Expecting some GEJ a5s lickers to bash OBJ on this thread.
for where?if na buhari talk true now!some brainless,toothless-dog,asslicker sycophants without portfolios on nairaland 4 don bite am 4 nyash. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Shaw007(m): 11:06pm On Sep 07, 2012
nneh1: For God's sake is it a must that whenever a CBN GOVERNOR'S tenure is rounding up new currency must come in.
how else will they have their names in the history books

when this man won d forbes man of the year award i was like well thats normal anyone can right?

But with this now i'm actually starting to believe the conspiracy theories about him and the Us government controlling the Nigerian banks and all that

i really hope he doesnt get through with this
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by bigmaut: 11:13pm On Sep 07, 2012
segunjowo: There will be nothing else in this country once the proposed currency is introduced. There will no longer be N10 naira biscuit for our children, no longer N5 or N10 naira pure water, no longer N20 Naira Garri(oh! It will sure affect the price of our precious Garri!!) In this Lagos, there are some distance you can go by bus for N20 or N30 Naira, but now, bus operators would demand N50 Naira flat for such distance. Pure water will rise to N50 Naira (chei! Poor man no go drink water?) God of Elijah in the book of 2Kings, I ask thru this medium (God is online, damn it) for you to come down by fire and Kill Sanusi and his evil cohorts managing this economy (amen). I mean, their evil plan for our Naira shall not manifest in Jesus Name! Amen!

God almighty will never leave his throne in heaven 2 do yur job 4 yu,ask d egyptians,libyans who has been waiting 4 God for forty yrs to help them remove mubarack,gadafi frm power until dey start 2 use their brains 4 d 1st time cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by bigmaut: 11:19pm On Sep 07, 2012
segunjowo: There will be nothing else in this country once the proposed currency is introduced. There will no longer be N10 naira biscuit for our children, no longer N5 or N10 naira pure water, no longer N20 Naira Garri(oh! It will sure affect the price of our precious Garri!!) In this Lagos, there are some distance you can go by bus for N20 or N30 Naira, but now, bus operators would demand N50 Naira flat for such distance. Pure water will rise to N50 Naira (chei! Poor man no go drink water?) God of Elijah in the book of 2Kings, I ask thru this medium (God is online, damn it) for you to come down by fire and Kill Sanusi and his evil cohorts managing this economy (amen). I mean, their evil plan for our Naira shall not manifest in Jesus Name! Amen!
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by ZeusI: 1:17am On Sep 08, 2012
Silence!!! Baba de laugh.
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by olatwo(m): 6:27am On Sep 08, 2012

#GBAM aπϑ surely we can't avoid the fact that this will affect the price of every thing we consume sweets,purewater,Garri,fruits. etc....
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Obijulius: 7:54am On Sep 08, 2012
Genius100: Nigerians are illiterates. Did you guys not watch the video? OBASANJO DID NOT SAY N5000 NOTE WILL KILL PRODUCTION. He said the CBN governor just focusing on curbing inflation will kill production...

U are not an illiterate, u are hopelessly ignorant. What sane excuse do u have for this blatant assault on the sensibilities of all Nigerians. Are you a Nigerian? You are not any much better than an illiterate.
And if you still insist on making a point here, please be civil about it and apologise for the mess u made up there.

::nb::please see below
Answers.com
Illiterate is usually an adjective, and in this
sense does not have a plural form. The noun
for illiterate is illiteracy, for which the plural
can be illiteracies, but it is awkward.
Illiterate is sometimes used as a noun to
describe an illiterate person, in which case the
plural would be illiterates, e.g. as in the insult,
"You are a bunch of illiterates!"
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by zeal500: 7:56am On Sep 08, 2012
i weep for 9ja
i weep knowing dt dis current president will not die but live to c wht he has done to dis great country..... how he has rubbished wht is left of the countries image
i weep for 9ja
Re: Obasanjo : N5000 Note Will Kill Production by Obijulius: 8:02am On Sep 08, 2012
wengerjay: Ebora owu has spoken,the spirit of wickedness in both jonathan and sanusi must treble.

Does Ebora owu mean INCESTOUS SPIRIT in that case Jonathan has nothing to tremble about, maybe Sanusi does.

Obj was a big failure to this country. If he wants to redeem his image he could try Philanthropy. Nobody listens to that old hag these days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Video Of Hon. Bipi Searching For His Acceptance Speech. / BREAKING : EFCC Releases Obanikoro / Buhari Commissions Road Projects In Adamawa State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.