Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,944 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Travelling Tales: What's Yours - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling Tales: What's Yours (558 Views)

#tourism: Tales From Ibadan's Highest Hill / From Tunisia With Bitter Tales: Deportees Recount Ordeal / Mind-boggling Nigerianphobia Tales in South Africa, Bellview Airlines intervenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Travelling Tales: What's Yours by 1ndidi2(f): 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2012
My smileyfriend and I were traveling from ado-ekiti to benin,so we boarded a bus @a garage. After picking d seats we wanted, we became comfy. then bought biggy,plantain chips and lacasera,started munching and chatting away. Few minutes later an 'it was once white' decapitated police van drove up and packed in front of our bus. Then about 6 olopas(policemen) came down with their wrapper- handle guns. Did I mention they also came down with 2 handcuffed- fierce- looking prisoners!!! After speaking with d driver-the 2 prisoners were pushed 2 sit@ d only vacant spaces(where my friend and I sat) together with 1 pot- bellied- tired -morose- looking policeman. Immediately we stopped eating d biggy, and protested we were not traveling with those prisoners! See me see risk! I have watched enough convict movies to know d bus can b high jacked by gang members! D policeman assured us that nothing would happen and we should relax, but we were adamant and quarreled with d driver 2 refund our money and also threatened 2 report d company 2 our DG(we were corp members) and then pretended we were calling a 'vip' person! After giving us d normal dose of insults 2 which we 'mouthed' them back, our money was refunded and we left and traveled d next day!

(1) (Reply)

Why You Love Or Hate Abuja / Germany Busines Visa Enquiry / What Would You Give This Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.