Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Bogus University Scam Uncovered - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bogus University Scam Uncovered (755 Views)

50 Ghost Schools Uncovered In Niger State / 2,000 Fake Teachers Uncovered In Kaduna Public Schools / Just My Rants About Private Universities In Nigeria And Their Bogus Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bogus University Scam Uncovered by lanray4jc(m): 1:58am On Jan 08, 2008
In what appears to be the biggest educational scam uncovered to date, the BBC London Investigations team recently exposed a scam pedalled by a bogus university named - Irish International University. The supposed institution of higher learning has been operating in the UK for the past 7 years. It rents facilities owned by Oxford university to stage most of its important events including award of honorary degrees to people. A video footage of the report can be view via the link below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/nol/newsid_7170000/newsid_7175300?redirect=7175388.stm&news=1&bbram=1&bbwm=1&nbwm=1&nbram=1

I guess it's not all that glitters that is gold, all those intending to gain admission to Universities in the UK should check out their authenticity very well before committing themselves to any form of payments.

(1) (Reply)

Uniben Accomodation? / Help Me With These School Sites / !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.