Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Law Degree From A U.K. University Vs. Nigerian Law School? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Law Degree From A U.K. University Vs. Nigerian Law School? (1011 Views)

UNILAG Students Vs Nigerian Politicians / Nigerian Law School Prospective 2015/2016 Set... / Lady Kofo-ademola 1st Black Woman To Receive A Degree From Oxford University:pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Law Degree From A U.K. University Vs. Nigerian Law School? by Nobody: 5:34am On Sep 09, 2012
Hello,
I am 16-years old and currently in my last year in high school. I will be commencing college as an undergraduate next fall, 2013. After I complete my bachelor's degree, I am interested in pursuing a law degree, and hence, a career in Nigeria. I am inclined to procure this degree in the U.S.; however, I've done a bit of research and found that Nigerian law firms don't recognize degrees from U.S. universities but they do for those from universities in the U.K., and, of course, Nigeria. That being said, in order to be attractive to these firms, would it be advisable to attend a law school in the U.K. as opposed to the Nigerian Law School, for instance? Will they pick a U.K. law school graduate in preference to the Nigerian Law School graduate? I am really confused. Please help!
Re: Law Degree From A U.K. University Vs. Nigerian Law School? by obowunmi(m): 7:48am On Sep 09, 2012
Law school in Nigeria is top-notch ooo...

You can do a Bachelor of Law in Nigeria and a Masters in the UK....but either option is not bad.
Re: Law Degree From A U.K. University Vs. Nigerian Law School? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2012
It is not obligatory you do your LL.B in Nigeria. It could be done in any common Law Country (UK most preferred being where the common Law originated from).
But regardless of any country you go, you still will have to spend 2 years in the Nigerian Law School for the Bar Exam to be eligible to practice as a Barrister and Solicitor in Nigeria.
You should also note that LL.B in Nigeria is 5years unlike the UK where it is done within 3years. Consequently, if your LL.B is done in Nigeria, you will have to spend just a year at the NLS.
Good Luck!

(1) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Holds Her Matriculation Ceremony Today! / Northwest University Kano 1st Admission List Is Out For 2012/2013 / National Open University Of Nigeria Benin Center Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.