Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. (1117 Views)

Christainity Is The Largest Religion In Nigeria- 2014 Statistics / Christainity Is A False Religion / Any Muslims Who Converted To Christainity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by miredia(m): 5:38am On Sep 09, 2012
I spent several hours scrolling down pages to pages and made a critical observation of a trend where folks try to use their physical cognition in deciphering things of the spirit. Folks it will never EVER add up to you. These transcends just being academically saavy or being an impeccable philosopher. The things of the spirit are totally different fron the physical. There are laws that govern the spirit and the physical.

2 Likes

Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by MacDaddy01: 7:44am On Sep 09, 2012
Anybody that believes the above is a fool.

Any religion or cult or association that tells you not to think is evil. How can you tell a human being to waste his mind? A person should not use his cognitive abilities to judge christianity?

1 Like

Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by Kay17: 8:06am On Sep 09, 2012
miredia: I spent several hours scrolling down pages to pages and made a critical observation of a trend where folks try to use their physical cognition in deciphering things of the spirit. Folks it will never EVER add up to you. These transcends just being academically saavy or being an impeccable philosopher. The things of the spirit are totally different fron the physical. There are laws that govern the spirit and the physical.

Using ur technique, one can create skeptical free alternate reality
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by Jenwitemi(m): 8:07am On Sep 09, 2012
Lol! Very convenient excuse of inability to explain away the foolishness of the christian doctrine, this. Christianity has nothing, and i mean, absolutely nothing to do with spirituality.
miredia: I spent several hours scrolling down pages to pages and made a critical observation of a trend where folks try to use their physical cognition in deciphering things of the spirit. Folks it will never EVER add up to you. These transcends just being academically saavy or being an impeccable philosopher. The things of the spirit are totally different fron the physical. There are laws that govern the spirit and the physical.
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by wiegraf: 9:01am On Sep 09, 2012
He does have a point, it isn't supposed to make sense. They don't realize this yet thump their chests proclaiming 'truth', that's one of the major problems
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by manmustwac(m): 10:33am On Sep 09, 2012
This is just your way of doing mental gymnastics in your head to make sense of what (you were programmed to believe from a young age age and) dose not make sense to your rational mind.
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by JIL(m): 3:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
MacDaddy01: Anybody that believes the above is a fool.

Any religion or cult or association that tells you not to think is evil. How can you tell a human being to waste his mind? A person should not use his cognitive abilities to judge christianity?

manmustwac: This is just your way of doing mental gymnastics in your head to make sense of what (you were programmed to believe from a young age age and) dose not make sense to your rational mind.

1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:21 - For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

1 Corinthians 2:14 - The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

2 Corinthians 4:3 - And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.

1 Corinthians 1:23 - But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness

1 Like

Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2012
Let us be careful here, to us Christians the things of GOD must make sense except we do not have the Spirit.

As for those atheists and Muhammadians , they need their eyes opened by this same Spirit before they can grasp spiritual things , otherwise it is wasted effort.
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by onetrack(m): 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
frosbel: Let us be careful here, to us Christians the things of GOD must make sense except we do not have the Spirit.

As for those atheists and Muhammadians , they need their eyes opened by this same Spirit before they can grasp spiritual things , otherwise it is wasted effort.

I'm still waiting to feel this spirit. In the meantime I'll remain an atheist since it makes more sense. Martin Luther said "Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has". I prefer reason over faith, so no thanks, Dr. Luther.
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by MacDaddy01: 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
frosbel: Let us be careful here, to us Christians the things of GOD must make sense except we do not have the Spirit.

Some biddhists will say that you need to be enlightened to know the ways of Buddha.

There are other religions that claim the same nonsense that you are trying to prove.

After seeing your foolish posts on nairaland, the spiritual things that you are talking about must be a state of foolishness. Foolishness that leads you to believing in nonsense.

Yu are in no way enlightened. You dont even sound educated beyond a basic degree from a quack university
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by miredia(m): 4:33pm On Sep 09, 2012

. Yes the things of GOD should absolutely make sense to us under the guiding unveiling power of the holy spirit. No matter how much effort you put into explaining the walk with GOD to an unbeliever, if his spiritual eyes is closed and his spirit man isn't convicted by the holy spirit, then all you experience is futility. So to all self acclaimed athiests and unbelievers, the lord loves you regardless of your stand and wants you in his salvation train. Once that heart beat ceases and you unfortunately luxuriated in sin upon death, it will honestly be a heart wrenching reality. It takes absolutely nothing from you to come to him, just a simple dissociation from sin and believing in him. It's that less complicating. Give it a thought.
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Some biddhists will say that you need to be enlightened to know the ways of Buddha.

There are other religions that claim the same nonsense that you are trying to prove.

After seeing your foolish posts on nairaland, the spiritual things that you are talking about must be a state of foolishness. Foolishness that leads you to believing in nonsense.

Yu are in no way enlightened. You dont even sound educated beyond a basic degree from a quack university

Your immaturity is increasing by the day , I am not sure if you have issues, but Nairaland is not the place to exhaust your frustrations grin

Besides I am educated to postgraduate level and currently in a senior managerial position with a reputable IT company.

Not that this is a big deal to me, it's only a pay packet the way I see it , but for 'children' like you who do not have jobs and keep trashing anything that bears the name of Christ or God,, remember many of us here are gainfully employed and well educated.

Honestly if you want a Job , I can help you grin

Peace !!
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by MacDaddy01: 4:42pm On Sep 09, 2012
frosbel:

Your immaturity is increasing by the day , I am not sure if you have issues, but Nairaland is not the place to exhaust your frustrations grin

Besides I am educated to postgraduate level and currently in a senior managerial position with a reputable IT company. Not that this is a big deal to me, but for children like you who do not have jobs , remember many of us here are gainfully employed and well educated.

Peace !!

lol......did you get your postgraduate from bible university?

If you had a proper job why are you so damn jobless on Nairaland promoting christian myths?

Holla at me if you need a real job. You could be my PA. Maybe you'd learn some logic cool cool cool cool
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

lol......did you get your postgraduate from bible university?

If you had a proper job why are you so damn jobless on Nairaland promoting christian myths?

Holla at me if you need a real job. You could be my PA. Maybe you'd learn some logic cool cool cool cool

Mate I have a laptop in front of me almost 10 hours a day, if not more, I am a busy man you see.

My advice to you with all due respect is , grow up and stop trolling while making a nuisance of yourself on this forum.
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by MacDaddy01: 4:45pm On Sep 09, 2012
frosbel:

Mate I have a laptop in front of me almost 10 hours a day, if not more, I am a busy man you see.

My advice to you with all due respect is , grow up and stop trolling while making a nuisance of yourself on this forum.

You call it trolling, I call it logic/debunkery

Who is right? grin
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by miredia(m): 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
frosbel:

@frosbel, silence isn't that difficult afterall. It takes wisdom to withold words and emotions. Give it a thought.
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
miredia: @frosbel, silence isn't that difficult afterall. It takes wisdom to withold words and emotions. Give it a thought.

absolutely my dear, sometimes you have to put these atheists in their place , they have the impression that Christians are ignorant uneducated fools who don't have Jobs grin .

Cheers.
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by Jenwitemi(m): 4:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
It takes wisdom to explain what appears jumbled up. Give that a thought.
miredia: @frosbel, silence isn't that difficult afterall. It takes wisdom to withold words and emotions. Give it a thought.
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by thehomer: 8:18pm On Sep 09, 2012

Then I hope you're not surprised that your ideas aren't accepted. If you won't accept something that doesn't make sense to you when told to you by a friend, why should someone else accept it from you?
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by wiegraf: 10:16pm On Sep 09, 2012
thehomer:

Then I hope you're not surprised that your ideas aren't accepted. If you won't accept something that doesn't make sense to you when told to you by a friend, why should someone else accept it from you?

THIS
They aren't supposed to make sense, you accept them on faith, so don't expect everyone else to just follow along, at all. Religionists constantly miss this and try to portray their beliefs as 'truth', therefore said beliefs must apply to everyone else.
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by Kay17: 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2012
frosbel:

absolutely my dear, sometimes you have to put these atheists in their place , they have the impression that Christians are ignorant uneducated fools who don't have Jobs grin .

Cheers.

Mireda didn't portray a good image either.
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by EvilBrain1(m): 10:51pm On Sep 09, 2012

OP basically just admitted that Christianity doesn't make any sense which is one of the things we atheists have been trying to point out to them for ages.

Congratulations Miredia, you just took the first step towards enlightenment.

We'll make an atheist out of you yet.
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by MacDaddy01: 11:03pm On Sep 09, 2012
Evil Brain:

OP basically just admitted that Christianity doesn't make any sense which is one of the things we atheists have been trying to point out to them for ages.

Congratulations Miredia, you just took the first step towards enlightenment.

We'll make an atheist out of you yet.

You are making the assumption that Miredia is not content with having contradictory beliefs.

For someone to come out and say that christianity doesnt make sense, then goes to defend it, it take a whole lot of hypocrisy and apologetics that can only be found in unrepentant funadmentalists.

There is little hope for Miredia
Re: Christainity Is Not Expected To Make Sense To The Physical Mind. by k2039: 12:15am On Sep 10, 2012
1 Corinthians 2:6-10

The Message (MSG)
We, of course, have plenty of wisdom to pass on to you once you get your feet on firm spiritual ground, but it’s not popular wisdom, the fashionable wisdom of high-priced experts that will be out-of-date in a year or so. God’s wisdom is something mysterious that goes deep into the interior of his purposes. You don’t find it lying around on the surface. It’s not the latest message, but more like the oldest—what God determined as the way to bring out his best in us, long before we ever arrived on the scene. The experts of our day haven’t a clue about what this eternal plan is. If they had, they wouldn’t have killed the Master of the God-designed life on a cross. That’s why we have this Scripture text:

No one’s ever seen or heard anything like this,
Never so much as imagined anything quite like it—
What God has arranged for those who love him.

But you’ve seen and heard it because God by his Spirit has brought it all out into the open before you.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ -the Reason For The Season! / Pope Gives Blessings To "Kill The Gays " Lawmaker : PHOTO / Best Atheist Avdert (superbowl).....also a scientology ad!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.