Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Civil Defence Amoury Training-one Lost - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Defence Amoury Training-one Lost (745 Views)

Buhari Appoints New Civil Defence Commandant / Nigerian Defence Website Hacked ISIS Style; See The Guy Claiming Responsibility / Police Want Civil Defence Corps Scrapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Civil Defence Amoury Training-one Lost by fennels007(m): 10:07am On Sep 09, 2012
In Asaba, The Civil Defence Corps, training some of its selected officers in handling guns and other amonitions recorded one life lost on friday 7th of September, 2012. The deceased, PIUS IGUMBOR, was said to have collapsed while in queue. When we, the family members including his wife and brother contacted their office on 8th September to inquire the cause of the death of our brother, their instructor spoke to us. 'All men must die one day, but the cause of the death we don't know. He continued, Pius Igumbor was in queue with others when he suddenly moved out of the queue, turned round and fell. I thought it was convulsion, so i instructed other officers to allow him be. But after sometime, there was no sign of him convulsing, so i asked them to take him to the hostpital. On geting to the hostpital, he was cmfirmed dead by the doctor', said their instructor.

The cause of the death could not ascertained as at the moment as we await the result of autopsy, but rumours have it that he died of heart attack.

The deceased is my dear cousin, married with 3 kids. He has brothers and a sister. He has being coverted to federal govt employee.
Please is there anybody who knows the proper procedure to folow in burying somebody who died in active service? Do we have to give the govt any condition (ask for claims or compensation) before burying him? If yes, what kind? I await ur candid response.

(1) (Reply)

"United States Closes Embassy In Nigeria"? / Gcon???mike Adenuga Should Be Given An Award For The Biggest Failure Of All Time / First Lady’s Health: Associates, Friend Hold Prayer Session!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.