Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Why Do We (seem To) Like Tough Meat? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do We (seem To) Like Tough Meat? (1498 Views)

Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You! / Tough Meat. How Do I Make It Soft? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We (seem To) Like Tough Meat? by Rossikk(m): 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
Walk into a restaurant in Naija and request a meal. The meal looks all delicious and enticing until you dig your teeth into the meat, and the toughness of it just makes you want to throw the whole dish away. The funny thing is, no one seems to complain about this, almost as if we enjoy it like that. That's a mystery to me.

Bottomline: Can folks please stop looking at profit motive and actually take the time to cook meat properly and long enough, before serving it?

Thanks!!!!
Re: Why Do We (seem To) Like Tough Meat? by prose00: 5:11am On Sep 14, 2012
this is my main grip with naija food. why must the meat be so tough to chew
its either fried til its almost crispy and tasteless, thus leaving it with little nutrition left..

liberians on the other hand, tenderize their meat very well
Re: Why Do We (seem To) Like Tough Meat? by prose00: 11:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
Haha I thought I was the only that noticed this shit. I dont know whats so enjoyable about meat thats been fried to a crisp or barely cooked at all. I wonder if its only a Yoruba thing though. Na wa for my people o
Re: Why Do We (seem To) Like Tough Meat? by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 19, 2013
Nigerians cook meat properly, unless if you are not patronizing the good ones. Nevertheless I thought U were talking about the very strong fat like part of beef" which we refer to as "Isan eran" that's like a meat in a chewing gum form U can chew that for ova 6minutes *winks*
Re: Why Do We (seem To) Like Tough Meat? by lao(f): 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
People love challenges.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CEO Of Esperanza Cakes And Bakes Shares Her Knowledge / Shakshuka: Egg And Tomato Sauce Delight (pictures) / How To Prepare Your Ham For Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.