Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match (14003 Views)

Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? / Nigeria Vs Liberia (6 - 1): AFCON 2013 Qualifier On Saturday October-13-2012 / Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by mukina2: 9:44am On Sep 10, 2012
[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=Enyeama_and_Keshi_274243070.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

Players blame Ike Uche too • Ideye in angry mood

Super Eagles Head Coach, Stephen Keshi was not a happy man after his team’s 2-2 draw with the Lone Stars of Liberia in a 2013 Africa Nations Cup qualifier against the host team in Monrovia on Saturday and bluntly blamed the team’s first choice in goal, Vincent Enyeama for conceding what he called “cheap goals” in a match the Nigerian team could have won convincingly.

SportingLife gathered exclusively from Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) sources that the coach had expected much from the Assistant Captain of the team (Enyeama) who failed to rise up to the occasion in the match and faltered towards the latter stage of the match, just like it also happened in the Eagles’ match against Malawi in the 2014 World Cup qualifiers not too long ago.

“Let me tell you the Chief Coach is not happy at all with the way the two goals were scored. These kinds of goals couldn’t have beaten Enyeama at his best which the coach told him after the match. What makes it very painful to the coach is that he and the goalkeeper trainer, Ike Shorunmu dwelled on this aspect and Ike worked on him in the training sessions on this area. So the Chief Coach was disappointed that the mistake was still made by the goalkeeper in the match, a repeat of what happened against Malawi which is rushing out of his goal post and mistiming”, the source disclosed.

The source also revealed that Keshi also tongue-lashed Ike Uche and asked him to sit up. “Keshi was also not too happy with the way top striker Ikechukwu Uche frittered away begging chances in the match. Uche failed to convert two sitters in the match which was unlike him.

The Coach is, however, happy with the performance of Emmanuel Emenike and Victor Moses despite not scoring in the match”, another influential team source told SportingLife yesterday.

The source also disclosed that Keshi has warned sternly that any player that refused to improve and contribute positively to the advancement of the team and helping the team to book the all-important Africa Nations Cup and World Cup tickets should forget about getting a call up to the team.

Speaking in same vein, five players of the team, who spoke to SportingLife on condition of anonymity, vented their spleen on Enyeama and expressed disappointment on the performance of Ikechukwu Uche too in the matc[/b]h.

“[b]This is a match we would have wrapped up and come back home smiling. To be honest we were supposed to win this match by 5-2 and not even thinking of drawing it 2-2. We just don’t know how on earth Enyeama could concede these kind of very cheap goals. I am not happy at all”, a defender said

Another player, a forward lashed out at Uche. “Ike is experienced enough not to miss these kinds of opportunities. I don’t see myself missing these chances at goal. God forbid bad thing. But we thank God that we still have a chance at home here in Nigeria to correct these lapses. Me I want to go to South Africa o”, the player declared.

The third player, a defender blamed the entire team for not achieving the needed victory. “I think all of us should be blamed for not winning this match. It was within our reach but we threw it away. If we had won everybody should have been happy and share in the victory. So, let us not blame any player but we should concentrate on winning the second leg match convincingly here in Nigeria next month”, he stated.

Dynamo Kyiv on-form striker, Brown Ideye was hostile to the SportingLife reporter when the latter approached him for his reaction on the match. He angrily moved away and entered the waiting cab that was conveying him to the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport yesterday. Three other foreign-based players that SportingLife tried to speak with also declined. “Bros, we are sorry we can’t speak on this match now”, two of them chorused at the team’s Bolton White Apartment Camp of the team.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/football-golf-boxing/60928-keshi-to-enyeama-you-killed-us.html

1 Like

Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 10, 2012
What would u Xpect from a Dude that arrived 2 Days to the Game -- He was arguably stucked in a Hotel Room all Week with an Efik Punny grin grin
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Mcleo007(m): 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2012
Shame on poor journalism!
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Todaynatoday: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2012
Ode oshi coach!
This is not the time for laying blames on a particular player, football is a team sport and as such everybody gets the blame for poor performance even the coach!
Eedioot! U better focus on the return leg and stop blaming!
Afterall na una wan use foreign based players, y u kum dey complain?!!
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Afam4eva(m): 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
They should all shut up and stop passing blames.
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Itoroetti(m): 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
El Guapo: What would u Xpect from a Dude that arrived 2 Days to the Game -- He was arguably stucked in a Hotel Room all Week with an Efik Punny grin grin

u most be a big mugu.why must u castigate a tribe like thate.i believe u are tribeless goat.

1 Like

Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by CLIQBOY(m): 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2012
Hmm
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by BlackPikiN(m): 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2012
What is all this nonsense I'm reading.

1 Like

Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Super1759: 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2012
I read in one thread,where ghanian keeper said he was offered $3,000 to make them loose,and he refused. Maybe same goes to him and he collected. I know what we NIGERIANS can do for money *dntknowshaaa*
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by sharubutu(m): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2012
It's hi time we started looking 4 a capable replacement 4 Enyeama now, instead of relying on the popular Nigerian slogan of 'lets give him another chance'
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Jayloy: 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
There is no grassroot development of our football yet we want to win trophies. Have always said it and I repeat it again, apart from age related competitions where we can put a 25yrs old player as under 17, Nigeria cant win any other competitions. We have long lost it in football, until we start making preparation to develop football at the grassroot we cant go far in football.
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by gidiMonsta(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
Mcleo007: Shame on poor journalism!

How is this poor journalism?
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by kingblosky: 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
Nigeria needs foreign world class coach. With Keshi as coach, I know they won't qualify and I'll bet my wife on this.
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Esss(m): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2012
Enyeama has really not beenin form lately and coupled with his poor playing time at his club where he is a substitute goalie, its really a wonder why he made the team list let alone be our starting goalie..

However, the player that put the blame on the entire team is indeed a professional as he did what any good player would do which is accept responsibility instead of pointing fingers..

Truth be told, Siasia should never have been sacked.. I always had a feeling that things would end like this under Keshi.. Siasia was trying to build a new team, keshi is trying to manage the old.. Thank God I didn't watch the match.
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Chegunn(m): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2012
And what did the journalist do wrong here?
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by sylve11: 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2012
Na their business be that. cool
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by LesbianBoy(m): 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2012
How does their loss reduce the.........
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by LesbianBoy(m): 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2012
How does their draw with liberia and passing blames to one another reduce the price of "one yellow eatable/drinkable something".........

2 Likes

Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2012
Super1759: I read in one thread,where ghanian coach said he was offered $3,000 to make them loose,and he refused. Maybe same goes to him and he collected. I know what we NIGERIANS can do for money *dntknowshaaa*

No be Ibo again?
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by inspirenet: 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
Chegunn:
And what did the journalist do wrong here?
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 10, 2012
See what Mr Blame has caused!
Mr Blame turned vincent enyeama's hands to basket
Mr blame allowed the eagles to play like chickens
Mr blame made keshi to be a clueless coach
God punish Mr Blame for making the super chickens not to fly! undecided

1 Like

Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by 1forall: 1:17pm On Sep 10, 2012
"To be honest we were supposed to win this match by 5-2 and not even thinking of drawing it 2-2. We just don’t know how on earth Enyeama could concede these kind of very cheap goals. I am not happy at all”, a defender said".

Mr Defender, how dem take pass you to go score cheap goals?

The whole report is nonsensical sef

1 Like

Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Tyche(m): 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2012

You are right. Figments of their imagination now pass as news as long as they use the word "source".

More shame on the gullible readers.

1 Like

Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Super1759: 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
berem: See what Mr Blame has caused!
Mr Blame turned vincent enyeama's hands to basket
Mr blame allowed the eagles to play like chickens
Mr blame made keshi to be a clueless coach
God punish Mr Blame for making the super chickens not to fly! undecided
grin grin grin and this mr.blame is holding our country back.we need to arrest this man
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Ogbodavies(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
Blame it on d ALCOHOL,lolz
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Opoki(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
This post is currently hiding
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by orne(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
Mak NFF GO BEG SHUAIBU AMODU HM DON SWEAR 4 9JA,IF NT TINS IL NT GO WELL AGAIN! Period.
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Super1759: 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
1forall:

Mr Defender, how dem take pass you to go score cheap goals?

The whole report is nonsensical sef
I wonder ooo,defender deh blame keeper as if en job no be to stop opponents from scoring
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Eifeh(m): 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
ferdiii:

No be Ibo again?
eyeama don turn to igbo abi? Anu
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Super1759: 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2012
ferdiii:

No be Ibo again?
not a tribe thing, its a nigerian factor. Yoruba,igbo,hausa, igalla,idoma,etc deh collect bribe
Re: Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match by Eifeh(m): 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2012
ferdiii:

No be Ibo again?
enyeama don turn to igbo abi? Anu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FIFA Reduces Players’ Loan Per Club To Eight / Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments / How Corruption Probe Led To NFF, CAF Clash, Pinnick’s Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.