Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,089 members, 7,852,688 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:23 AM

I Loved Barack Just The Way He Was - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Loved Barack Just The Way He Was (574 Views)

He Says He Can Never Love Me The Way He Loves His Mum. Help! / I Married Someone I Don't Trust. What's The Way Out? / God In Heaven Where Is Thy Face? This Is Just The Height Of It.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Loved Barack Just The Way He Was by God2man(m): 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2012
Mitchelle Obama: I loved barack just the way he was.

She made the following remarkable statement about her
husband:

"You see, even though back then barack was a senator and a presidential candidate...to me, he was still the guy who'd picked me up for our dates in a car that was so rusted out, I could actually see the pavement going by through a hole in the passenger side door...he was the guy whose proudest possession was a coffee table he'd found in a dumpster, and whose only pair of decent shoes was half a size too small.

And believe it or not, when we were first married, our combined monthly student loan bills were actually higher than our mortgage.

We were so young, so in love, and so in debt.

So when people ask me whether being in the White House has changed my husband, i can honestly say that when it comes to his character, and his heart, Barack obama is still the same man i fell in love with all those years ago.

He's the same man who started his career by turning down high paying jobs and and instead working in struggling neighborhoods where a steel plant had shut down, fighting to rebuild those communities and get folks back to work...because for Barack,success isn't about how much money you make,it's about the difference you make in people's lives.

He's the same man who when our girls were first born, would anxiously check their cribs every few minutes to ensure they were still breathing, proudly showing them off to everyone we knew.

That's the man who sits down with me and our girls for dinner nearly every night, patiently answering their questions about issues in the news, and strategizing about middle school friendships.

That's the man i see in those quiet moments late at night, hunched over his desk, poring over the letters people have sent him.

The letters from the father struggling to pay his bills...from the woman dying of cancer whose insurance company won't cover her care...from the young person with so much promise but so few opportunities.

I see the concern in his eyes...and I hear the determination in his voice as he tells me,"You won't believe what these folks are going through, michelle...it's not right.
We've got to keep working to fix this.We've got so much more to do"

I see how those stories-our collection of struggles and hopes and dreams-I see how that's what drives Barack Obama every single day.

And i didn't think it was possible, but today, I love my husband even more than i did four years ago....even more than i did 23 years ago, when we first met.

I love that he's never forgotten how he started."

The purpose of this thread is just to learn and also to become a better spouse.

God bless you.
God2man.

(1) (Reply)

Haw Many Suitors Did U Have Before Finaly Sayin Yes To Ur Present? / How To Stop An Argument Before It Starts In Family / Women Should Respect Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.