Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

New EFCC Boss: Who Will It Be? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New EFCC Boss: Who Will It Be? (4271 Views)

Letter To President Buhari Warns Against EFCC Boss Lamorde And Senator Akpabio / The New EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Magu, 7 Things You Need To Know About Him / Rtd Col Hameed Alli Appointed New EFCC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New EFCC Boss: Who Will It Be? by Drmagic(m): 6:54am On Jan 10, 2008
i will not cast my vote for any of the two ( umar or olayinka) they both could be influenced and remember, we all have our prices except for few of us.

I will prefer a good lawyer that knows his onion to be the head of EFCC
Re: New EFCC Boss: Who Will It Be? by micklplus(m): 7:04am On Jan 10, 2008
Umar is obviously IBB boy ! he was part of the looting spree when IBB was in power therefore , he would still be more than willing to work for IBB and the other boys e.g ibori. so, UMAR is a NO NO!!

Olayinka invited ogunlewe and KOro to panti over Williams death, what has come out of the invitation? I think that shouldnt be the yardstick to measure whether he would perform at EFCC or not ! He is a police tax collector officer !! What gives you the impression that he doesnt collect bribe now Once a police officer tax collector will always be a police officer tax collector
A neutral person that will most likely not be compromised and influenced easily with togo must come ghana must go should be considered for the position. It will also be better if a sound lawyer can be the chairman of EFCC !

Cheers
Re: New EFCC Boss: Who Will It Be? by sirt1(m): 8:40am On Jan 10, 2008
@ all

I think the issue is not of nominating somebody or the other. There are many people who can do the job perfectly even better than Ribadu. We have many brave Men and Women in the country both outside and within the EFCC who are ready to fight corruption even with their last pint of blood.

People like Femi Falana, General M. Buhari, the nominees ( umar and Olayinka), and many other more, if given the chance to perform without any interference from any quarter.

But I think the major issue is the readiness of Mr President in fighting corruption. Does he really meant what he said? Is sending Ribadu to one year course not a plot from top shot to delay justice? Or dont you think Mr President may have hidden agenda?

I think only Mr president himself has answer to these quetions.
Re: New EFCC Boss: Who Will It Be? by iz2much: 9:34am On Jan 10, 2008
TAfa Balogun
Re: New EFCC Boss: Who Will It Be? by 9ja4eva: 9:58am On Jan 10, 2008
None of the above.
Re: New EFCC Boss: Who Will It Be? by seunspice(m): 10:40am On Jan 10, 2008
It would not be a bad idea to make me EFCC chairman. Kai!!!!!!!!!!! Enough arrest in the first 3 hours in office. It would be a whirl wind. grin grin grin
Re: New EFCC Boss: Who Will It Be? by iceland(m): 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2008
i think Umar Abubakar will be the best man for the job.the guy is tough
Re: New EFCC Boss: Who Will It Be? by kokoA(m): 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2008
iz2much:

TAfa Balogun

na true.!
Re: New EFCC Boss: Who Will It Be? by asaajuomo1(m): 2:26pm On Jan 12, 2008
Lamorde Is New EFCC Boss
FROM LEMMY UGHEGBE, ABUJA (Guardian Newspapers)

FOLLOWING the redeployment of the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu to attend a one-year course at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru near Jos, President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua yesterday approved the appointment of Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde, an Assistant Commission of Police (ACP), as the acting chairman of the commission.
This was disclosed yesterday by the Special Adviser to the President on Media, Mr. Segun Adeniyi in a statement made available to journalists in Abuja.

The statement reads: "Further to his approval of AIG Nuhu Ribadu's nomination for a course at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru, President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua has approved the appointment of Assistant Commissioner of Police Ibrahim Lamorde as Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)."

Lamorde was until the appointment the EFCC's Director of Operations.
Re: New EFCC Boss: Who Will It Be? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 12, 2008
Lamorde or whoever wount make any difference if Yaradua and AGF are not serious about fighting corruption.
Re: New EFCC Boss: Who Will It Be? by 9ja4eva: 6:20am On Jan 18, 2008
What is Lambordes track record?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Child Marriage In Northern Nigeria -bbc / Fashola Insists On State Police • Wants Special Status For Lagos / Governors Criticise Gsm Firms Over Kidnapping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.