Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Are Inverters Any Good? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Inverters Any Good? (1287 Views)

Any Good Business For A Married Woman? / Are There Any Good Toyshops In Lagos / Any Good Legitimate Investments In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Inverters Any Good? by gidi1(m): 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2008
I've been hearing and reading about inverters and their benefits especially with the power challenges in Naija. Is there anyone who has actually used them? What were your experiences like?
please share.
Re: Are Inverters Any Good? by Seun(m): 10:13am On Jan 10, 2008
www.google.com/search?q=site:nairaland.com+inverters

Short answer: yes. Get the biggest batteries you can.
Re: Are Inverters Any Good? by trustboy: 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2008
I have a guesthouse and the cost of powering my 60kva generator is enormous. Can these inverters be of any help to me?
Re: Are Inverters Any Good? by Seun(m): 10:54pm On Jan 10, 2008
Ultimately, an inverter cannot generate power, it can only store it.
It could help if you have a several hours of public electricity every day.
But you would need an extremely large inverter and so many batteries.
I don't think 60kva inverters are easy to find!
Perhaps you should install one inverter and battery in every room?
Re: Are Inverters Any Good? by BabsO2(m): 10:59am On Jan 12, 2008
Inverters are good for short time standby power of 1 to even 24 hrs or more depending on your battery bank capacity. They are excellent if you have regular power supply from time to time daily as they can make you do without a Generator, especially for simple activities like lights, TV, fan, computing, stereo without interruption.

Thus for Home and Small office use it is very useful.
Re: Are Inverters Any Good? by maymurph(m): 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2008
gidi1:

I've been hearing and reading about inverters and their benefits especially with the power challenges in Naija. Is there anyone who has actually used them? What were your experiences like?
please share.

run a search on this site,someone posted his company website some months ago in the technology market.The guy seemed to know what he was talking about.He spoke well on the matter cheesy
Re: Are Inverters Any Good? by AlPacino3(m): 8:52pm On Jan 28, 2008
@gidi1

Yes, Inverters are really very good. I have been dealing with them now for a decade. I have built several for many people. But i must tell you that if do not get the appropriate advice from somebody who is good and honest enough to tell you all it entails, you might end up wasting money without necessarily meeting up with your objective.

Basically, your load demand plays an important factor in the usage of inverters. Also, the availability of an alternative source to charge your batteries when they are down.

It is possible for you to rely on your inverter for up to 24hrs without NEPA but like i said, efficient energy management is required and i guess it's time we embraced that in Nigeria with the popularity of prepaid meters and all.

Inverters are available to much more than 500kva but before you dabble into it, get an advice from someone who is not just interested in selling to you but will do an appropriate evaluation based on the information you give him on your load demand.

Also, several brands are in the market. Very many only to take advantage of users who are not adequately informed about the required features of a good inverter especially in an environment like nigeria.

I have one at home and it surely saves me money on fuel and i dont get to miss out on important things i want to do simply because of "NO NEPA" smiley smiley smiley
Re: Are Inverters Any Good? by i2j: 11:05am On Mar 06, 2008
[I've been hearing and reading about inverters and their benefits especially with the power challenges in Naija. Is there anyone who has actually used them? What were your experiences like?
please share.
]

Inverters are actually an electrical devices that let you convert the ac current (say from dreaded NEPA) to dc current which is then stored in batteries. To really be comfortable for a reasonable period of time you must have enough and powerfull batteries.

Hi guys, let me first thank seun and the other contributors on these forum, they are doing a magnificient job. This is a very useful forum for Nigerians especially for those in diaspora. This is my first post though. I hope to drop in whenever I have the time.

(1) (Reply)

How Profitable Is Bulksms Business / Naira Is Overvalued, IMF Tells CBN / Exportation Of Charcoal And Cassava

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.