Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. (2219 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / How God Busted Boko Haram Plot In Winners' Church, Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Kirinwa: 11:37am On Sep 11, 2012
During call for first timers I unwittingly left my Bible on my chair for the altar.After that we were taken to a room and after giving us forms to fill I came back. LO AND BEHOLD MY BIBLE INCLUDING JOTTER WAS GONE!! cry
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by thehomer: 11:49am On Sep 11, 2012
Kirinwa: During call for first timers I unwittingly left my Bible on my chair for the altar.After that we were taken to a room and after giving us forms to fill I came back. LO AND BEHOLD MY BIBLE INCLUDING JOTTER WAS GONE!! cry

Are you saying that your Bible was stolen in Winners Chapel?
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by k2039: 11:50am On Sep 11, 2012
OP needs a brain transplant

Comment withdrawn
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Kirinwa: 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
k2039: OP needs a brain transplant

Is there any part of what I said you don't understand?Insult upon injury!
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by plappville(f): 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2012
It may be that someone took it thinking you 4got it. Am sure you will get ot back. Have you annouce it to the church urshers? Churches do give free bibles to members, so i doubt if a bible can be stolen in a Church.
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Kirinwa: 12:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
thehomer:

Are you saying that your Bible was stolen in Winners Chapel?

Hey Mister hold it there. Don't misquote me.I can't find anywhere in my post I used that word,'STOLEN'.One thing I know is that there's nowhere in Scriptures where RAPTURE was mentioned for Bibles.Whether it was stolen, taken, moved, shifted, transported, kept etc One thing is clear it wasn't where I left it.Am serious about what am saying. I can't lie about issues like this.
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by holyvirgin: 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
smbdy's bible and jotter disappeard inside d church he visited 4 d 1st tym and u think he needs a new brain? Are u alright? @op... So instead of reporting at d church u dcided 2 cme on NL ko? Go bak 2 d church and look 4 it properly, and nxt tym u try starting a useless thread i wil snd serialkiller after you.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Kirinwa: 12:16pm On Sep 11, 2012
plappville: It may be that someone took it thinking you 4got it. Am sure you will get ot back. Have you annouce it to the church urshers? Churches do give free bibles to members, so i doubt if a bible can be stolen in a Church.

Yes I have reported the matter but it hasn't been found yet atleast to my knowledge.Anyway since there happens to be WINNERS members viewing this thread I suggest that New Comers and those responding to ALTAR CALL be encouraged to move with their belongings as it's unlikely they are coming back immediately after that to avoid what happened to me.I have nothing against the Church. As a matter of fact I enjoyed their service and intend to keep coming.
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by PastorKun(m): 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
Kirinwa: During call for first timers I unwittingly left my Bible on my chair for the altar.After that we were taken to a room and after giving us forms to fill I came back. LO AND BEHOLD MY BIBLE INCLUDING JOTTER WAS GONE!! cry

You are lucky it is only your bible and jotter you lost. A lot of people have lost not only their fortunes but their soul as well.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by k2039: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2012

Kirinwa:
Is there any part of what I said you don't understand?Insult upon injury!

Kirinwa:

Yes I have reported the matter but it hasn't been found yet atleast to my knowledge.Anyway since there happens to be WINNERS members viewing this thread I suggest that New Comers and those responding to ALTAR CALL be encouraged to move with their belongings as it's unlikely they are coming back immediately after that to avoid what happened to me.I have nothing against the Church. As a matter of fact I enjoyed their service and intend to keep coming.
Am sorry,will withdraw my post,actually thought it was another anti-church(anti-winners critic,afterall if it was missing it can be found)

Your motives are right(in green).

AM REALLY SORRY
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Kirinwa: 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2012
Pastor Kun:

You are lucky it is only your bible and jotter you lost. A lot of people have lost not only their fortunes but their soul as well.

Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by holyvirgin: 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2012
k2039:

Am sorry,will withdraw my post,actually thought it was another anti-church(anti-winners critic,afterall if it was missing it can be found)

Your motives are right(in green).

AM REALLY SORRY
shashasha kawai! Modify d post immediately
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by k2039: 12:35pm On Sep 11, 2012
holyvirgin:
smbdy's bible and jotter disappeard inside d church he visited 4 d 1st tym and u think he needs a new brain? Are u alright? @op... So instead of reporting at d church u dcided 2 cme on NL ko? Go bak 2 d church and look 4 it properly, and nxt tym u try starting a useless thread i wil snd serialkiller after you.
That was why I said he needed a transplant(in red)

But he is has taken the right step
Kirinwa:

Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by k2039: 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
holyvirgin:
shashasha kawai! Modify d post immediately
already did
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by kwenu: 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2012
@POSTER i had a similar experience aswell myself, i was in SCOAN Synagogue church of all Nations , waiting under the canopy to go in for second service, there i lost my bible, an old woman was sitting next to me on my left hand side, while a male sat next to my right . when i left to go and pee,i had placed my bible to represent me on seat while i was away, when i returened i discovered that everybody under my canopy have gone and my bible was not there.
So there i toguht maybe one of those who sat next to have helped me secure it while i was away but throughout my stay there i didnt seee mybible and so i left the church without it, before leaving i have met with the usheres and security to see if they cAN help me find it but they asked me to come look for it on monday.
monday is come and gone , i did not go for it.maybe i will try during weekdays or sunday by the grace of God.

so surely you re not alone on this.
even if i dont find the bible anymore, i can still purchase another one and that should not stop me from attending the church or have any hatred for the church all because my bible got lost

though i love that my particular bible very much for i m very used to it.

So man , my advise is that u still contact those ushers or security at winners chapel when next you go to church, they will help you find it
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Jenwitemi(m): 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2012
Most probably raptured, your holy book. The alternative reason for the disappearance is a blasphemy, obviously. grin wink
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
It was probably taken by a covenant university student. heard they were given an assignment to summarise the book of jounce, ehm, John
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Maxymilliano(m): 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
OP, Nobody took your Bible and jotter, guess U missed Ur way back to Ur sit as all the rows looks identical and spotting your exact location was difficult.

There're over a thousand forgotten or missing Bibles that are always on display for the owners at one of the entrance, U can ask around when next U visit.
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Image123(m): 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2012
it's a public place of worship, one should not forget commonsense simply because he's going for altar call or first timer call, or nature call, or deliverance call. you should take your belongings with you or tell someone to keep them for you. Its the same way some would be 'under deliverance' and get pregnant or robbed. The church is a public place of worship, not a Heaven of angels.
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by thehomer: 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
Kirinwa:

Hey Mister hold it there. Don't misquote me.I can't find anywhere in my post I used that word,'STOLEN'.One thing I know is that there's nowhere in Scriptures where RAPTURE was mentioned for Bibles.Whether it was stolen, taken, moved, shifted, transported, kept etc One thing is clear it wasn't where I left it.Am serious about what am saying. I can't lie about issues like this.

Emphasis mine.

I didn't misquote you I was just trying to find out what you were actually saying. In fact, it looks as if you've come to that conclusion yourself. Check out what you typed yourself. If it was stolen, it wouldn't be where you left it.
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Kirinwa: 5:16pm On Sep 11, 2012
Maxymilliano: OP, Nobody took your Bible and jotter, guess U missed Ur way back to Ur sit as all the rows looks identical and spotting your exact location was difficult.

There're over a thousand forgotten or missing Bibles that are always on display for the owners at one of the entrance, U can ask around when next U visit.

I was thorough in my search. It occurred during first service so I searched well before they started second service so what are you talking about?
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Kirinwa: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2012
thehomer:

Emphasis mine.

I didn't misquote you I was just trying to find out what you were actually saying. In fact, it looks as if you've come to that conclusion yourself. Check out what you typed yourself. If it was stolen, it wouldn't be where you left it.

Reread your post. You seem confused.
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by thehomer: 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
Kirinwa:

Reread your post. You seem confused.

Actually you're the one who seems confused. You left your Bible somewhere, you came back and couldn't find it, one of the reasons why such a thing happens is that the missing item was stolen. Especially when you don't get it back. Simply accept what has happened and move on. Maybe buy another Bible.
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by maryswags: 11:42am On Sep 17, 2012
Maxymilliano: OP, Nobody took your Bible and jotter, guess U missed Ur way back to Ur sit as all the rows looks identical and spotting your exact location was difficult.

I don't like that sentence 'nobody took...' Are u trying 2 tell me that people don't steal in church or what? I went for last years shiloh and ppl reported missin items including bibles 2 d ushers who then told it 2 d bishop, and when he threatened 2 lay curses on the thieves unless dey returned d items, people started returnin items dey stole...so what are we talkin of here? It happens in all churches cos we find all sorts of human beings every where!
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by maryswags: 11:43am On Sep 17, 2012
holyvirgin:

'Serial killer'?? LMAO ...hahahaaaa
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by kaytytty: 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2012
'an object remain in it state of rest or of uniform motion unless acted upon by an external force'e.g holy ghost
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Kirinwa: 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2012
I haven't found the Bible yet.
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by PastorKun(m): 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2012
Kirinwa: I haven't found the Bible yet.

Of what use is post to us on NL Are we meant to help you look for the bible?
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Kirinwa: 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Of what use is post to us on NL Are we meant to help you look for the bible?

It makes you appreciate what others are passing through.
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 23, 2012
I lost my touchscreen in winners chapel. seriously.
Till today i still ponder on how they stole it.

I bet they have proffessional theives, pastors aside(lol), in that place.
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by manmustwac(m): 12:30am On Sep 24, 2012
Image123: it's a public place of worship, one should not forget commonsense simply because he's going for altar call or first timer call, or nature call, or deliverance call. you should take your belongings with you or tell someone to keep them for you. Its the same way some would be 'under deliverance' and get pregnant or robbed. The church is a public place of worship, not a Heaven of angels.
So your personal property is not safe in the house of God? Meaning I can't leave my bible on my seat and go to the toilet and come back because half the congregation are thieves just like their tithes thieving pastors
Re: How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. by Kirinwa: 4:13am On Sep 24, 2012
manmustwac: So your personal property is not safe in the house of God? Meaning I can't leave my bible on my seat and go to the toilet and come back because half the congregation are thieves just like their tithes thieving pastors

Each one is accountable for his utterances.I just made my case which I know is true.This does not call for church bashing or misleading assumptions.Morale of the lesson is as long as we are in the world we will meet people who hide under religion to perpetrate evil.

Moderator you may now officially close this thread.Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] / Concerning Tithes, Giving Etc. An Expose` / 3 Most Frequently Played Nigerian Gospel Songs In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.