Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,988 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Dealing With Shame (When You've Erred) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dealing With Shame (When You've Erred) (1222 Views)

Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm / Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! / Killing Of Erred Muslim Is It Allah's Wishes Or Mohamhed's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With Shame (When You've Erred) by babymine(f): 10:00am On Apr 12, 2006
Shame according to the New Webster's Dictionary could be defined as a painful emotion aroused by the recognition that one has failed to act, behave or think in accordance with the standards which one accepts as good.

Recently a committed brother in church got a sister pregnant though they were engaged to be married. This caused them so much shame and so many negative thoughts came into their minds (like running away and stuff like that) but am so glad they decided to face the shame and scandal the news brought. And today, by the grace of God, the story has faded and life goes on.

When we do things that bring shame to God's name, what steps do we take to rectify it and how do we cope with the shame it brings? Have you ever done something you were ashamed of? How did you deal with it? I want the children of God in da house to give counsels and tips on how to deal with shame.
Re: Dealing With Shame (When You've Erred) by unbreakabl: 11:31am On Apr 12, 2006
thanks am really inpress
Re: Dealing With Shame (When You've Erred) by bolaoni(m): 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2006
I think at times we believe the maxim: "The voice of people, is the voice of God." This is something that is not supposed to be so.

The God we serve is a FATHER that is RICH in MERCY! The story of the prodigal son is something we all have to learn from. God is willing to forgive us anyday, anytime we fall. But people tend to see God as an human being who keeps record of all our misdeeds. No, He is not like that.

So whenever anything happens to us, the first person to go to is God and after we have seek His mercy, what ever anybody says should not be of any consequece.

Have you heard this before: God NEVER use our past to determine our FUTURE

I first heard of that from somebody that has been a LovePeddler for the better part of her life and who is into bringing the good news to those wha are still in the trade.

If God shows you mercy, it does not matter what anybody else says!

Hope this helps someone.
Re: Dealing With Shame (When You've Erred) by babymine(f): 10:32am On Apr 14, 2006
@ unbreakable

I need your contribution not i[b]mpression[/b]grin
Re: Dealing With Shame (When You've Erred) by babymine(f): 10:13am On Apr 19, 2006
Comeon people, where are your contributions?
Re: Dealing With Shame (When You've Erred) by nightrider: 10:22am On Apr 19, 2006
shame is what the devil uses to hold christians down. The strong feeling of guilt for sin committed. I also know someone who was the leader of a strong group, he got a member pregnant and the shame was too much, but God forgave him and they are married with two kids now.

But there are consequences for actions , that cannot be denied. like david and bathsehba, he had to face the shame and humiliation of his actions, but the bible says that solomon was born from that union and the Lord Loved him. God can turn any mistake into a blessing, if we let him.
Re: Dealing With Shame (When You've Erred) by babymine(f): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2006
All we need to do is go back to God and he'll completely forgive.

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Christian? / Are All Religions False? / Child in coma ,wakes up!He's A Miracle Working God: Watch!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.