Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Jonathan Cannot Win In Free And Fair Election-buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Cannot Win In Free And Fair Election-buhari (1561 Views)

APC Cannot Win Any Election In Rivers State - Wike ( Photos ) / Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari / APC Cannot Win Ekiti Even If Tinubu Becomes INEC Chairman - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Cannot Win In Free And Fair Election-buhari by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 13, 2012
I voted for Buhari in the last elections because I wanted the ruling party kicked out, but I'm really getting fed up with this annoyingly consistent misplacement of priorities. Sir, please understand that Nigerians don't really care as much about who governs them as about whether infrastructure is being worked on, roads are being constructed and maintained, schools and hospitals are in good shape and Nigerians can afford the basic things of life. Focus on the main issues please.

If you choose to keep talking about frivolities, I might be forced to change sides. Especially if Jonathan delivers on his promises before 2015.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Win In Free And Fair Election-buhari by Elueme: 9:02am On Sep 13, 2012
When will this Buhari understand that he's already expired in modern day Nigerian politics? I expect him to retire to his Daura home and become a good farmer and stop being a bad politician... An imbecilic Jonathan will defeat a bigoted and visionless Buhari...
Re: Jonathan Cannot Win In Free And Fair Election-buhari by Elueme: 9:12am On Sep 13, 2012
HNosegbe: I voted for Buhari in the last elections because I wanted the ruling party kicked out, but I'm really getting fed up with this annoyingly consistent misplacement of priorities. Sir, please understand that Nigerians don't really care as much about who governs them as about whether infrastructure is being worked on, roads are being constructed and maintained, schools and hospitals are in good shape and Nigerians can afford the basic things of life. Focus on the main issues please.

If you choose to keep talking about frivolities, I might be forced to change sides. Especially if Jonathan delivers on his promises before 2015.
My fellow Nigerian, you are right.. This is the problem with Nigerian opposition parties.. They often refuse to address issues but rather attack Organisations and personalities.. I would have expected Buhari to take his ample time to itemize the problems with Nigeria and proffer a workable alternative on solution if he were there. No political opposition had done this and this kept me with my belief that non of them will do better. A party without clear cut manifesto or philosophy will be more abysmal than the PDP which has learnt much over the years and are being faced with realities of performing or kicked out.. I personal feel Buhari doesn't have any good intention for the country considering his desperation and animosity.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Win In Free And Fair Election-buhari by 1025: 10:17am On Sep 13, 2012
danjohn:

Nigerians who hate PDP do not listen or vote for PDP candidates, they simply do not vote at all. You have to understand that Nigerian voters often say that they do not want to throw their votes away. This mindset hurts opposition candidates because they do not have the kind of money PDP has to campaign. If a Nigerian has not seen your billboards, posters, tv ads etc. If he has not seen videos of your rallies on network news or heard your ad on the radio every 10 minutes, he wouldnt believe that you are running a credible campaign and on election day, he will stay at home. Nigerian elections usually have very low voter turnout because people who hate PDP stay at home. Why did Theodore Orji win reelection? Because the opposition candidates where unknown and nobody thought they were running viable campaigns; hence, they stayed at home. There needs to be a well organized and well funded oposition that people can channel their frustration to. In low voter turnout elections, PDP member and the area boys and thugs on their payroll are the only ones who vote. Period!

I am not saying that we do not have elections that are compromised. The 2007 elections were a national disgrace. However, the 2011 elections were better. Where they perfect? Hell no. They were far from perfect. However, I do think (maybe naively) that under the climate that we have now, it is a little more difficult to rig against a popular candidate. For goodness sake, Buhari won 12 states with his 2 kobo campaign. I am saying the opposition needs to come together and present candidates that are well organized and well funded. An unknown governorship candidate who cannot raise at least 500 million naira should not be running for governor; and an unknown Senate candidate who cannot raise at least 200 million naira should not be running for the senate. Btw these numbers are conservative.

BTW why do you say PDP is not a party? I think it is an organization that enables people to chop oil money but it is still a party. Your thoughts?

good to be in this with you. this is what arguments/debates shld be, talk and listen.
in abia state, orji won his first election from the efcc net and i tell u that the power and state funds was with his mentor who was the highest bidder then. his second term, he was the highest bidder and had to work with the state's funds. in that election, Igbere was where he was to meet his real opposition. he in the name of security measure planted armoured vehicles there and u and i know the implication of a voter who has little or nothing at stake seeing armed police men in front of his house while umuahia was allowed to enjoy the free air. i have worked for inec and i tell u categorically that rigging are done most with the aid of policemen.
how did dickson campaign more than ben bruce and others? how did ohakim loose imo state even when 300 ward councils in the state were won by pdp alone and the 27 local govt chairmen were only pdp? rev fathers of catholic church for personal reasons were posted at every voting booth. bishops were present at inec offices. the idea was to make sure that the people's votes counted and that was what happened and the rest we all know.
what will a theordore orji campaign to the masses to win the second term? as a sitting gov, u are saddled with the responsibilities of providing security for resident electoral officer. you feed him and fuel his cars.
have you for once asked yourself why did pdp reject the recommendations of the uwais electoral reforms committee which says; 1. let all elections be concluded at least six months before hand over. the idea was to make sure that aggrieved parties sort out matters with the winners on neutral basis rather than now where a sitting gov appears in court with 200 sans who are sponsored with state funds.
2. the committee recommended that the inec shld be made independent of the presidency. as we speak, jega is reporting directly to jonathan and u expect some1 from the blues to come and win him. jonathan appoints and terminates the tenures of inec chairman. if inec is independent of the presidency, and their funding becomes a thing the constitution, we surely will not have a jega who spent over 100 billion printing a black and white paper for registration cards. jonathan had to cover that financial blunders and in returns ...
a typical nigerian wants change. change from what? the same old names coming around every time. the same group of men winning at all times. the same party winning every time. pdp for all we know cannot be talking about free and fair elections when candidates are forced to withdraw against their wills thereby denying them their rights to vote and be voted for.
did jonathan on his own show interest in the presidency? did yar adua show interest in the presidency? good houses are known from their foundations. our democracy is built on false and pretence and as such we are far from free and fair elections.

a political party is a group of men and women who came together with THE SAME POLITICAL VIEWS whose aim is to win and retain the government. now we had a nigeria that has been under the same party rule since 1999 with three different presidents whose political views are far different from each other. u will agree with me that after obaasanjo, yar adua came in with his own different programmes altogether and the death of yar adua forced nigeria to start a new phase of programmes under jonathan.
let me take you to ghana where recently the president died. as long as the same vice president becomes the president and the same party remains in power. the views are the same and the party focus will remain intact. tell me, if jonathan and yar adua are of the same political views, what happened to the rule of law and 7 points agenda that his boss was preaching. how come ribadu and and his false crusade under obasanjo were eliminated in the yar adua programme?
in america, even those of us who are yet to be there can say what happens when republicans are elected and what to expect when the democrats are in power.
can you say what the next pdp president will do in his time?
what is the political agenda of pdp? pls relate them to the 3 presidents so far.
did i forget to tell you that atiku and obasanjo never agreed over certain issues even while they were president and vice?
i keep saying that pdp is not a political party because they have no common goal unless it is all about stealing and looting as that has been the only thing they share.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Win In Free And Fair Election-buhari by usmanyaro17: 10:35am On Sep 13, 2012
All those criticizing the PDP should tell us which party that is more nationalistic in nature than her,all the over parties,ACN,CPC etc are highly sentimental and regional in outlook,nobody is saying that the PDP is perfect ,but to a very large extend it is a necessary evil far better than most of these noise making political associations called parties.All those shouting abt corruption should tell us how they made their monies if not true politics.The truth of the matter is that until we get a perfect replacement for the PDP it will continue to rule Nigeria until God knows how long,all those opposition whose hands are not even clean should keep quiet,work and find better solutions to our dear country.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Win In Free And Fair Election-buhari by 0ldirty: 10:36am On Sep 13, 2012
so can you as well Buhari.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Win In Free And Fair Election-buhari by usmanyaro17: 10:39am On Sep 13, 2012
HNosegbe: I voted for Buhari in the last elections because I wanted the ruling party kicked out, but I'm really getting fed up with this annoyingly consistent misplacement of priorities. Sir, please understand that Nigerians don't really care as much about who governs them as about whether infrastructure is being worked on, roads are being constructed and maintained, schools and hospitals are in good shape and Nigerians can afford the basic things of life. Focus on the main issues please.

you better change side oh,Buhari has nothing to offer only anger and bigotry.......he is just wasting his time he will never be the President of Nigeria again.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Win In Free And Fair Election-buhari by qualified(f): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2012
banki:

yes oh I was there, when pdp big boys refused to fix the roads in nigeria for moe than 14 years and thousands died,they were the main supporters of GEJ, I was there when they continued to steal money in the name of subsidy during the election and funded GEJs election, I was there when his supporters did not fix our hospitals and destroyed our education sector, I also remembered that during the campaingns a lot of people GEjs supporters were killed in a stadium in portharcourt while they were sharing money. I was there so lets compare who is more evil,

youths like you is one of d reasons Nigeria is not moving forward cos u have refused to reason well, so un-patriotic n biased.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Win In Free And Fair Election-buhari by qualified(f): 10:53am On Sep 13, 2012
usmanyaro17: you better change side oh,Buhari has nothing to offer only anger and bigotry.......he is just wasting his time he will never be the President of Nigeria again.

good advise. The man has nothing to offer, d Nigeria he could rule was Nigeria of then not this modern Nigeria! He shld try contesting as his state governor, since he must die in power cos he can NEVER rule Nigeria again
Re: Jonathan Cannot Win In Free And Fair Election-buhari by samguru(m): 10:55am On Sep 13, 2012
cant we produce a president from other political parties?from what is happening in the political terrain,it seems PDP has monopolized presidency.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Win In Free And Fair Election-buhari by 1025: 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
usmanyaro17: All those criticizing the PDP should tell us which party that is more nationalistic in nature than her,all the over parties,ACN,CPC etc are highly sentimental and regional in outlook,nobody is saying that the PDP is perfect ,but to a very large extend it is a necessary evil far better than most of these noise making political associations called parties.All those shouting abt corruption should tell us how they made their monies if not true politics.The truth of the matter is that until we get a perfect replacement for the PDP it will continue to rule Nigeria until God knows how long,all those opposition whose hands are not even clean should keep quiet,work and find better solutions to our dear country.

i really do not understand what nigerians vote for, parties or candidates.
your nationalistic party is not taking us anywhere and u don't see anything wrong with that? is it about nationalistic base of your parties or taking nigeria to where it belongs? how nationalistic was pdp when they began to win elections? if not for our national purse, does pdp have a transport company that raise funds for them? look at the harlibutton scandals, siemens scandal, boko haram, subsidy fraud, even the house members that have been indicted in bribery scandals, they are all pdp members. look at reuben abati who wrote a book in 2009 against the removal of fuel subsidy and in 2012 was in the forefront of the campaign to remove the fuel subsidy. look at labran maku who led a protest against fuel subsidy removal in 1986 as students union president and was speaking on jonathan favour to remove the fuel subsidy and when asked, he said, he was paid to lead the protest. the Bible talked about leadership by example and pointed out the impossibilities of a BLIND MAN LEADING A BLIND MAN. how does it feel when u know ur father is a criminal? how does it feel when u are sure that ur father is a liar? we don't need these parties to become nationalistic parties before we vote and kick out this wicked gang of criminals from aso rock. if nationalistic parties and not delivering, can't we try something else? we are in a country where criminals are popular and influential. we know all of them and we can even say how much they stole yet we watch them move around enjoying our public funds. it is shameful most times when i see nigerian praise pdp that have raised more criminals than any other group or association you can think of.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sand-filling Services & Supply Of All Types Of Sand And Granite Within Lagos. / Kogi State Governor, Wada In Ghastly Motor Accident. Aide-de-camp Died Instanta! / How Nigeria’s Gutter Media Misconstrued The Yerima “underage Marriage” Senate Pr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.