Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,312 members, 7,829,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Bad Road Stalls Minister’s Visit To Hometown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bad Road Stalls Minister’s Visit To Hometown (1008 Views)

Lamorde’s ‘disappearance’ Stalls N1trn Probe – Senate / Photo:petroleum Minister Visit Abdulsalami Early Morning And Unannounced / Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Road Stalls Minister’s Visit To Hometown by Nobody: 2:30am On Sep 12, 2012
Attempt by the Minister of Water Resources, Mrs Sarah Ochekpe to visit Emichi, her husband’s village in Otukpo local government area of Benue State, was stalled weekend due to bad roads leading to the community.
Emichi is one of the villages in the local government without infrastructure due toneglect by successive administrations in thestate.
Mrs Ochekpe who visited the state to flag-off two water facilities at Katsina-Ala and Anyiin left forOtukpo the following day without reaching her husband’s village due to the poor nature of the road occasioned by the torrential rain in the state.
Vanguard gathered that the minister’s convoy had to turn back when it could not make a headway and headed for her hotel room at Otukpotown.
According to sources, most peoplewho go to Emichi and other adjoining villages including Okpomaju and Amla now do so on motorcycles as part of the road bordering Otukpo-Icho/Odudaje where the tarred road ended was not motorable.
Source

1 Like

Re: Bad Road Stalls Minister’s Visit To Hometown by juman(m): 2:43am On Sep 12, 2012
nigeria!

I remember going to Gbeji, Vaase and other neighboring towns from Zaki Biam one has to pass through Wukari, because the road that connect them to Zaki Biam in Benue state was very bad.

No to one nigeria. Useless governments every where.
Re: Bad Road Stalls Minister’s Visit To Hometown by frankzone: 3:40am On Sep 12, 2012
Vision 202020
Re: Bad Road Stalls Minister’s Visit To Hometown by dedeike: 4:34am On Sep 12, 2012
salaksmana: Source
Note. the road in question is a state road not federal.
The federal road connecting Oturkpo to Anyangba in Kogi is in a good condition.
It is also interesting to note that she was on her way to commission water projects executed by her ministry.
So for those who feel nothing is happening, that part of the news should be considered too.
Re: Bad Road Stalls Minister’s Visit To Hometown by Nobody: 5:03am On Sep 12, 2012
dedeike:
The federal road connecting Oturkpo to Anyangba in Kogi is in a good condition.
It is also interesting to note that she was on her way to commission water projects executed by her ministry.
So for those who feel nothing is happening, that part of the news should be considered too.

Show us pics, anuofia. Na soso mouth you guys dey take fix everything then when we see the pics its a different story.
Re: Bad Road Stalls Minister’s Visit To Hometown by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
dedeike:
Therefore they should remain like that?
Re: Bad Road Stalls Minister’s Visit To Hometown by samguru(m): 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
hmmmm,this remind me of my NYSC days when i used to travel from Otukpa en-route Igbokolo to Otukpo,my journey used to be horrific as each time i ply this road,i take four tablets of pain killer after to cushion pain.and i was told the road rehabilitation contract was awarded to Sen. David Mark"s wife.

shame to those in power,who can not affect their home and neighborhood positively.
Re: Bad Road Stalls Minister’s Visit To Hometown by Olaolufred(m): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2012
I HAVE A FRIEND FROM BENUE WHO TOLD ME THE RIGGING OF ELECTIONS IS THE REASON PDP IS STILL IN POWER IN BENUE.
HE SAID MARK IS A DEMON. MARK IS FROM OTURKPO.
BUT BAD ROADS SURROUNDS IT.
OTURKPO DOES NOT HAVE SAFE DRINKING WATER.
NOW A MINISTER IS BLABBING.
DID SHE NOT KNOW THE PROCESS THAT BROUGHT HER TO MINISTERIAL POSITION?

(1) (Reply)

Universities To Stop Awarding Honorary Degrees To Political Office Holders / Gov Ishiomole Appoints Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon As Chief Of Staff / Lagos Is Working, Isn't It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.