Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

How Good Is 2001 Nissan Pathfinder? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Good Is 2001 Nissan Pathfinder? (1807 Views)

How Much Is 2001 Toyota Sienna Shock Absober Front And Back. / How Good Is Toyota Matrix? / 2001 Nissan Maxima Acceleration Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Is 2001 Nissan Pathfinder? by youngchopper(m): 5:39am On Sep 12, 2012
Nairalanders please i need ur opinion on this one as soon as posible. Hw cheap is the maintanace culture n fuel economy?
Re: How Good Is 2001 Nissan Pathfinder? by youngchopper(m): 5:56am On Sep 12, 2012
Av googled consumer review on the car its inpresive. But i need real nigeria view on this v6 3.5l suv?
Re: How Good Is 2001 Nissan Pathfinder? by youngchopper(m): 6:02am On Sep 12, 2012
The buyer as a monthly salary of 150k
Re: How Good Is 2001 Nissan Pathfinder? by youngchopper(m): 8:43am On Sep 12, 2012
U guys should comment na
Re: How Good Is 2001 Nissan Pathfinder? by lukkie(m): 4:28am On Sep 13, 2012
I have a 2002 & it's good. The engine is powerful, can haul people and luggage without blinking but be prepared to spend lots of money on fuel esp if you can't do without using the AC. It does around 15mpg. It had an overheating problem along the line but i changed the thermostats (it has 2) and the problem was fixed. No major problems in the 1.5yrs I've owned it now. If you must buy it, try and get one with sub-100k miles if possible. As with every car, the higher the mileage, the more the problems that crop up. If you have more specific questions, i may be able to help.
Re: How Good Is 2001 Nissan Pathfinder? by youngchopper(m): 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
lukkie: I have a 2002 & it's good. The engine is powerful, can haul people and luggage without blinking but be prepared to spend lots of money on fuel esp if you can't do without using the AC. It does around 15mpg. It had an overheating problem along the line but i changed the thermostats (it has 2) and the problem was fixed. No major problems in the 1.5yrs I've owned it now. If you must buy it, try and get one with sub-100k miles if possible. As with every car, the higher the mileage, the more the problems that crop up. If you have more specific questions, i may be able to help.
bro thanks 4 ur swift respond. Mine just bought it toks. Milage 181,000. Av been noticing dat the engine gets hot. Wold be living ibadan were i bought the car to the east. So would nt want any overheating issues. I just went to a mechanic n he said he will remove the temostart. Wats ur thought?
Re: How Good Is 2001 Nissan Pathfinder? by lukkie(m): 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
I beg you, RUN AWAY from that mechanic or else he'll destroy your engine. What do you mean the engine gets hot? A car engine has to get hot before it moves. However, if the thermometer needle regularly goes above the middle of the gauge, take it to a modern workshop where it'll be diagnosed. Overheating may be caused by a number of things such as leaky or blocked radiator, faulty thermostat, water pump, cooling fan etc. Replace whatever is faulty in the engine. I repeat, do not remove the thermostat. The car will start consuming more fuel and it'll ultimately kill the engine. Google "car overheating" to read more.

If you are in Ibadan, talk to this man, he should be able to direct you to a good workshop. Tell him you were referred by an AutoClinic radio program listener. 08098738876
Re: How Good Is 2001 Nissan Pathfinder? by youngchopper(m): 9:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
Thanks a million.

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used : Primera 1.6l Vs Golf3 1.6l Vs Civic 1.6l Vs Sunny1.6 / Does Mercedes Benz Ml 320 Jeep Have Auxiliary Gear? / Can FRSC Ticket An Unregistered Car (tokunbo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.