Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence (4943 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Joseph Yobo Poses With His Two Sons / More Foreign Pros Hit Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by semid4lyfe(m): 5:57am On Sep 12, 2012

Super Eagles captain, Joseph Yobo yesterday made a passionate appeal for more foreign based Eagles defenders to be drafted into the team for greater understanding and strength.

Yobo who addressed the press at the NFF secretariat in Abuja where he had gone to pay the leadership of the football federation a courtesy call said he enjoyed playing with the home based players in the defence but there is need for more experienced foreign based defenders to come in and lend a helping hand.

He said the home based defenders are good but being the only foreign based player in the defence puts him under serious pressure due to lack of enough understanding.

The Eagles captain maintained that in the match against the Lone Star of Liberia, he was paired with three home based defenders and that made things really difficult for him because it was not easy for to adjust to playing with the home boys.

Yobo therefore said if at least two more foreign based players are brought in to help man the defence, it would help reduce the pressure on him just as he said it would also help bring stability in the very important area.

He maintained that the home-based Eagles have shown promises but they need to play along with their more experienced colleagues because playing in the defence requires experience which he said cannot be bought in the market.

His words: They are good players who are still developing. When you play in certain positions, the more you play with some regular players, the more you understand them and the more you blend with them.

"But been the only foreign based player in the Eagles defence gives me pressure now. We are playing abroad and they are here, sometimes you find it difficult to adjust. This is very obvious. The players I paired with are good players, no doubt, but it can be difficult, playing with players you are not familiar with.

"You can see I paired with three local based players in the defence, They have shown that they can hold their own and match the foreign based. But it is difficult playing with people that you not familiar with. If you ask my opinion, I will want at least two home based and two foreign based to man the defence, may be that will give me a little bit of balance and this key area need a lot of understanding among the players.

"I say this because I know that you cannot buy experience in the defence position. The language is a little bit different. But they are doing great and I am very happy with all of them".

http://allafrica.com/stories/201209110815.html
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by semid4lyfe(m): 6:25am On Sep 12, 2012
Question - when did Yobo become Coach of the Super Eagles?

The reports from Liberia had it that Yobo was the weakest link in the defence and he had to be subbed for Efe Ambrose so I wonder what he's yapping about undecided

As I recall, the Super Eagles defence consisted of foreign pros (Yobo, Efe Ambrose, Taiye Taiwo & Fengor Ogude) when the team played that 2-2 draw against Guinea in the AFCON 2012 Qualifier in Abuja.

This is bad for team morale and very unprofessional of Yobo. He should do his work on the pitch and leave coaching decisions to Keshi.
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by mallorca(m): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2012
Yobo have notthing more to offer
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by Babamaleazeez(m): 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
;DIf d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ like mak dem play wif fedinand and cahill.....it won't still affect d price of Gary neville in transfer market
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by Chidex2442(m): 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
Is it d weak yobo again? grin
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by Super1759: 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
Who cares? What is yobo still doing in national team till now? En wan grow gray hairs before en go rest?
Problems plenty
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by misreal(m): 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
joseph yobo or wateva dey call him is a complete dullard.i cnt just say more or else nobody go fit comment on dis thread today
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by HAH: 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
Yobo is the weakest link of the defence, I would rather suggest they drop him being the weak link and only foreign based and bring in home base to replace him so that they can blend better.
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by ujukala: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
If that will solve the problem, let them employ them.
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by elampiro(m): 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2012
Which foreign based defenders do we have? Taiye Taiwo and co? I beg we should dig deep for new eagles if we are to be a force again in football.
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by wandeay: 1:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
Yobo is looking for who to blame his under-perfomance on, even if they bring one million 4rein based players including the mids, and attackers, will he play more than the world best defender, what has he been playing in the past?
Abegiii,
Yobo,
Go retire!
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by mrperfect(m): 1:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
He has reason for this.
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by idlaw2k3(m): 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
Can Yobo beat his chest and say that he is among the 20best defenders today?........he is just a foreign based LOCAL DEFENDER giving excuses as he always does.

4 Likes

Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by adaifeoma(f): 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
mrperfect: He has reason for this.
what reason.abi u wan defend him.defender
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by bricx: 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
Did foreign Yobo start his football career in a foreign land?

Give me a break, quit when you are short of ideas.

Can he dictate his choice of player to his club coach?
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by crabsoyst: 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
Foreign Pros?? Can somebody tell Yobo to specifically list the names of those foreign pros he is referring to!!!!!!!!!!
Cos asides from Taiye Taiwo, i dont see any other Nigerian playing well internationally in dat defense line. Yobo should rather get ready and wake up to play with those home based guys.....he should stand as a captain not just by the badge/decoration, but show it on the pitch of play.
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by Austinio: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
Yobo u'r talkin nonsense. Wot makes a professional wen u can't team up wt ds guys. Even wt foreign base u'll stil mess up. And as 4 d 2-2 draw; wot do u tin wl happen if d match ends 2-2 draw in Nigeria. If u dot wan play wt ur heart 4 Nigeria pls back off.
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by oobim(m): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
Zobo Yobo na proper mumu!I think hs old age is affecting him.When some people luckily move ahead of their mates,they begin to think they are d best.Was d foo.l nt once based in 9ja.Dude wnt even make top 15 defenders frm Africa

1 Like

Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by Eifeh(m): 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
Nigeria vs Guinea 2 2 abeg any local defendar there?
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by misreal(m): 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2012
manchester united has decided to sign joseph yobo as deir official ball boy grin
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by belovedaja(m): 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
I smell set up on keshi. Wat kind of visit/call to nff leadership. They want to sack keshi so they are teaming up with the players to cause sabotage. If i were keshi i would drop yobo and all other foreign base for the next match. It is unprofesional on yobo to dictate for his coach.
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by belovedaja(m): 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
misreal: manchester united has decided to sign joseph yobo as deir official ball boy grin
i dey laff
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
He should rather left the team now because heaping blame on home based players cannot cover up his blunders.
Also, he should mention foreign based defenders that need to be considered for call up
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by 30secs(m): 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
Babamaleazeez: ;DIf d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ like mak dem play wif fedinand and cahill.....it won't still affect d price of Gary neville in transfer market
LMFAO oooo..... Mu.Mu...
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by MadCow1: 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
Babamaleazeez: ;DIf d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ like mak dem play wif fedinand and cahill.....it won't still affect d price of Gary neville in transfer market

I don die man... cheesy grin grin grin grin grin.. angry
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by honeric01(m): 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
mrperfect: He has reason for this.

what reason? Iyobosa is a spent force jare, as far as i'm concerned, the foreign based players are worse than the home based in the SE right now.
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by atuagbo: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
How many of our so called foreign base players play regularly in their respective clubs? Aside Mikel which other player can we mention? Is high time we play our local base players because they are the future of Nigeria football.
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
atuagbo: How many of our so called foreign base players play regularly in their respective clubs? Aside Mikel which other player can we mention? Is high time we play our local base players because they are the future of Nigeria football.
dont mention mikel o or else dey will tear u apart
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by manuch(m): 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
Chinedu Ede for Eagles plays for FSV Mainz

Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by musty1987(m): 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
misreal: manchester united has decided to sign joseph yobo as deir official ball boy grin
[quote]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence by Pecca: 7:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
Thus says calamity YOBO!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Has Achieved More In Football? Kanu Nwanko Or Mikel Obi / Have You Ever Noticed That Ronaldo Stands On His Tippy Toes During Team Photos / My Own Sure 3 Odds Prediction Today For High Stakers Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.